Which car has the best sound in GT4!?

• Thread starter Quattro
  • 1,129 comments
We have no exhaust regulations in Florida! =)

Anyways, the traction control light you see blinking on the screen is something every car in the game will have as long as you have driver's assist traction control option turned on in your options menu. Honestly, I turn everything off to give the best racing experience and to get a better feel of the car. All WRX and STis have 3 differentials, STi having a front/center/rear LSD and a WRX only having center/rear LSD.

Jay

Bilgewater
.......The Ford GT sounds weak,......
This is a surprisong comment since KY actually owns one, you'd expect him to put extra effort into that car.

From prologue my favorite car was the HSC, easily worth getting all golds just to hear that one. Also someone posted that the Takata NSX sounded strange at slow speed, i know what you mean, around the idle and low revs it reminds me of the noise those hoverships/cars from the Jetsons made.

Does anyone have any idea how the GNX sounds?...can you here the turbo wind up?....and what about the 88 Iroc?...lol...if anyone has the interest besides me?

Thanks...

911_gt3_rs
This is a surprisong comment since KY actually owns one, you'd expect him to put extra effort into that car.

From prologue my favorite car was the HSC, easily worth getting all golds just to hear that one. Also someone posted that the Takata NSX sounded strange at slow speed, i know what you mean, around the idle and low revs it reminds me of the noise those hoverships/cars from the Jetsons made.

i find a lot of cars sounding like the hoverships from the jetsons at low rpm. like when you first hit it on the starting line. generally speaking, they even out in the higher RPMs and don't sound so wierd.

for those of you that gripe about the engine sounds, how many of you use the in car camera vs the 3rd person perspective... Just wondering, since I have noticed in a lot of games the exhaust notes are muffled for the in car view, and subsequentially, the engine sound along with turbo and gears are more noticeable.

I don't have the game yet, but this is common in most racing games, one of the reasons I always play behind the car, That and I like to look at the car.

wonderpill
for those of you that gripe about the engine sounds, how many of you use the in car camera vs the 3rd person perspective... Just wondering, since I have noticed in a lot of games the exhaust notes are muffled for the in car view, and subsequentially, the engine sound along with turbo and gears are more noticeable.

I don't have the game yet, but this is common in most racing games, one of the reasons I always play behind the car, That and I like to look at the car.

I use both, depending on my mood. And you just brought on another gripe of mine: there's not ENOUGH change in sound from the in car view to the exterior one. Meaning I want better exhaust sounds. :)

Guys!
Alot of you are already complaining bout the sounds in GT4, but actually dont have GT4!
The sound is one of the best things in GT4, the cars are all recorded, so all the cars have their unique sound (except the F1 car ffcourse) and as a matter of fact, I work at BMWs and the BMWs sound absolutely 100% accurate. The Aston Martins do too (almost scary!) and I bet the Japanese cars do too.

So if you think some cars sound like lawnmowers.....its not PDs fault.

I remember thinking all cars in GT3 (cockpit view) sounded like jet engines at high speeds.. always sounded like turbines on a air liner.. shrug.. never a decernable difference in any highly modified car in the game.

Jay

Daddybird
Guys!
Alot of you are already complaining bout the sounds in GT4, but actually dont have GT4!
The sound is one of the best things in GT4, the cars are all recorded, so all the cars have their unique sound (except the F1 car ffcourse) and as a matter of fact, I work at BMWs and the BMWs sound absolutely 100% accurate. The Aston Martins do too (almost scary!) and I bet the Japanese cars do too.

So if you think some cars sound like lawnmowers.....its not PDs fault.

I cannot wait too hear those aston martins I LOVE EM!

Daddybird
Me too, best sounding cars you can buy today.....GT4 is awesome with it.

Well best sounding cars you can buy today is perhaps a little exagerated...
I mean that depends on what you like....

911_gt3_rs

Not that surprising about the Ford GT, one of the main negative point raised by road testers about the GT is the very disapointing engine note and exhaust sound.

I do feel that a few people are not happy with the sounds in GT4, because they do not believe that the cars sound like they think they should.

The reason that the cars sound 'better' in the replay mode than in-car is quite simply because that how it is IRL.

When driving so many other factors need to be considered; such as wind noise, tyre noise, etc. In most cars you can not hear the engine clearly above about 30mph.

Modern cars push this even further, with NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) testing designed to almost eliminate the noise that people are looking for.

I will personally reserve my final judgment for when I have the game, hooked up to my sorround sound system and sub. However from the majority of replay clips I have (and taking into account the loss of quality) it seems to have moved on a lot from GT3.

Once I have GT4 I will be able to make one solid check as I have a recording of the Peugeot 905 on CD, after the PAL launch I can a least give a definative check on this one.

The cars might sound right, but they don't have the "swoong" of the real car.
The lotus esprit gt and the lotus elise gt1 from gran turismo 2 had that "swoong".
I just wanted to drive them for their sound, just listen to them once. I don't know how it is in gt4, but in gt 3 the cars sounded dull( do you write it like this?). They don't exite me anymore 👎

Daddybird
Me too, best sounding cars you can buy today.....GT4 is awesome with it.

you cant buy em but, the c5r, r8 and the panoz sound awesome in real life at laguna, nothing like that deafening sound when they are passing at full throttle!

just a brief point.... I have been playing the demo for the past week (nords.trial mountain and some street circuit)
the sound is sooo much different when i play it late at night because I need to use headphones ! you can hear the windnoise/turbo etc MUCH more clearly
now this could be the crap speakers on my 10 yr old TV...
just a thought...

Max_DC
Well best sounding cars you can buy today is perhaps a little exagerated...
I mean that depends on what you like....

Ok how about the carrera gt THAT is one sexy sounding ( and looking ) car!!!

akak
Ok how about the carrera gt THAT is one sexy sounding ( and looking ) car!!!

yes I mean the carrera gt has a good sound, aswell as the astons, and a ferrari challenge stradale, a RX7, a Honda at 8500 rpm, a Subaru boxer, a skyline engine, or old carborator (don't know if its spelled right) enigine ....
all I wanted to say is that you can't say THIS or THAT is the best sound in the universe... I know this thread is about your personal opinion concerning the best sound, but its a difference if you say " I like best" or "it IS the best" ... no big thing that's worth discussing about, just wanted to say that....

boerjef
The cars might sound right, but they don't have the "swoong" of the real car.
The lotus esprit gt and the lotus elise gt1 from gran turismo 2 had that "swoong".
I just wanted to drive them for their sound, just listen to them once. I don't know how it is in gt4, but in gt 3 the cars sounded dull( do you write it like this?). They don't exite me anymore 👎

I heard that in GT3, PD didn't record the cars at redline, so you don't get the "real" full redline soundwise, even if you are redlining in the game. This time, PD supposebly recorded the cars at full RPM, giving for a better range of sound 👍 . And so far from what I've heard from sound clips, it is a lot better than GT3.

Back