Which car(s) is/are the most FUN to drive?

• Thread starter zzirGrizz
  • 71 comments
If I had a top 3...

-Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05
-Mazda RX-8 Type S '03
-Honda NSX Type R '02
(I like being very specific, don't really know why.)

Well i've had to start from scratch after my BR stopped reading disc's. I downloaded the game from the store and must say i am loving the rx-8 - excellent brakes and turn in 👍

this.
iftc-09.jpg

Agreed:tup:
It's Awesome
Fun when against the bigger cars (F430, GTR etc...):lol:
Which reminds me, must do the A levels in the almighty flea! 💡

Last edited:
BMW M3 & 135i, Audi R8 and the Aston Martin DB9 are my favorites. Also the Ford Focus ST is quite good (if you can do without drifting for a while).

-NSX type-r
-rsx
-Amuse s2000
-Tunned CAppuccino
-Rx7 (surprised haven't seen this mentioned)

I don't know if it's just me, but the Ford GTLM car is almost impossible for me to tame, and i consider myself better than the Average player, although i found out that delicate braking keeps the car in line easier, when i would dive into a corner, mash on the brakes, talk about the rear end coming around :dunce:

For drifting my favorite car by far is the Blitz D1.

Was really looking forward to driving the Nissan GT-R, but I hardly use it because of it's horrendous oversteer. On the Daytona track it's impossible to keep it steady!

My favourites are quite varied depending on my mood.

The BMW M3 is my favourite car in that real life deal... So I really enjoy driving it in GT, I like the fact you can easily switch from Drifting to Gripping, I find either fun. You can dictate the level of control you have.

My second favourite has to be the F40 as it has the looks, the sound, the power and the excitement, also there is a sense of satisfaction pulling off a nice controlled lap round suzuka on S2s as the car is very tail happy (a trait I relate with FUN).

Third favourite has to be the GTR as it is just a beautiful car to drive. It has that nice little bit of slip just to keep things nice and interesting.

An honourable mention goes out to the F2007; I think everyone remembers their first lap... After stockpiling all those credits, the sheer excitement hearing it at the loading screen... Then the pure burst of adrenaline as you tear up the track at the speed of light with the best sounds accompanying you. Just beautiful, always gets my heart racing like no other car.

On the other hand I hate hate hate the Audi R8, Its so clinical and so understeery. I hate driving that car.

-Spiran

For me it has to be the MINES Skyline BNR-34 It has the best all around performance of any car in the game

Corvette Z06, on N3 tires. Ferocious and controllable, you decide what's the deal using your right foot. ;)

Lotus Elise '96 on N1 tires, I don't know who has set up the suspension on the elise, but the guy must be a genious, it allows you a high enter and exit speed of fast turns, no other similar option can do what an elise can. Take it wrong and you'll watch a little front swipe followed by a violent tail thrust. :drool:, Violent, but controllable, I've had hours of fun with it. Hey, what about some N1 Elise '96 for the incoming WRS? Sounds good to me.

Finally, there's plenty of good cars, but my vote goes to Ferrai F40, just because you must fear it if you want to control it. No other car puts you in this situation, it can surprise you with either a tail swipe or a front drag to the outside of a turn, and even a docile and predictable behaviour, you'll never know what will happen when you push it hard. :nervous:

I would have to say that my personal favorites are..
Integra type-R for FF layout,
Ferrari F430 for MR layout,
Bmw M3 for FR layout,
and finally Lancer Evo 9 for AWD layout!

I think we need to recommend a decent GT5P car for InsideSimRacing.tv to test in their Top Sim Cars of all time feature. Anyone who has seen the show will understand they look into the cars phyiscs, ffb, cockpit view etc etc, and strictly score the criteria. Obviously it would need to be on high (10) FFB, all assists off and N2, N3 or S1 tyres (depending on age/grip) to feel real.

http://insidesimracing.tv/topsimcars

To date, I am surprised to see they have still not tested/scored any GT5P car, although most are PC cars (as expected, they are mods) there is still a Forza3 car in their list. Maybe they are waiting for the long overdue full GT5?

So, going by what people are saying here, the Ferrari 512B seems (on old N2's) the best option to suggest to them? Any other thoughts of which car would be the most realistic and fun for them to test?

As long as its got 4 wheels all are fun to drive when raced online against the same model car.

Form the NSX thread:

I joined this event as i do still dislike the NSX, havent got the patience to practice and elsewhere well the quality/standard of driving was a little poor.

Do I sense a dual personality there Chunkee Monkey.
Your prerogative, aliens are not to be messed with.

Ever since I got my G25 I'm finding driving everything is fun, even when it shouldn't be. I decided today that I want a brown GT by Citroen so I spent more time than any sane person would in a maxed out Amuse S2000 grinding out A-1, which basically amounts to shift into 7th, keep your foot on the gas, try not to crash into anything in the next four minutes, and even that was enjoyable, since you can't play it passively. You have to constantly make tiny corrections to compensate for how rough the road surface is when you're going 200 miles per hour.

I kept this from getting tedious by taking breaks every now and then to chuck one of these:

Around Eiger Nordwand. That car and that track were made for each other. They're like peanut butter and chocolate.

I really like the Honda NSX and, which surprise me a lot, the 512BB.

I always go for the Clio, Golf GTi or either a Subaru Impreza or Mitsubishi Evo. Was looking forward to driving the new Nissan GTR, but it's a nightmare. Even on the Daytona track it just wants to fishtail everywhere.

BMW Series 1 Tii Concept
Ferrari 512BB
Ferrari F430
Ford Focus ST
Honda Integra Type-R
Honda NSX Type-R
Lotus Elise 111R
Mazda RX-7 Spirit A
Nissan 350Z

I always go for the Clio, Golf GTi or either a Subaru Impreza or Mitsubishi Evo. Was looking forward to driving the new Nissan GTR, but it's a nightmare. Even on the Daytona track it just wants to fishtail everywhere.

Try changing the amount of power sent through the front/rear wheels in settings, you can make it more neutral by increasing the amount you sent through the front wheels, i like a more rear-biased power set up though as it behaves more like a controllable RWD car, but when it goes over the limit there's no stopping....;)

The magical three for me:

Ferrari California
Ferrari 599
Subaru Impreza '05

My god these cars put a smile on my face everytime. The reflection and shadows of the dash in the 599. The sound and dials of the California. The handling of the Impreza. I'm smiling right now.

Well, there are lots of them.
The most fun cars to drive are (just to name a few):
The Concept By GT(Tuned Cars)
Ferrari's
BMW M3
Mine's Skyline
Amuse S2000
etc. etc. etc.

The F430 is fun as hell.

Now, if only they didn't make you do that stupid event in the A-class where you have to pass 15 guys on daytona road course...... god 🤬'ing dammit:banghead:

i love the 05 STI with N1 tires on it in the cockpit view, sliding around every corner! i own an 05 wrx in real life so i have an ulterior motive too :P

My top 5 of the moment:

1) Ferrari F430 (top notch overall fun)
2) Audi R8 (superb handling; at least for me, it matches my driving style. I can understand that some people don't like it)
3) Amuse S2000 (just love to see and hear that car in replays, and it's of course fast as hell)
4) Renault Clio V6 (best and most fun GT hatch back)
5) Corvette Z06 Tuned (can't really say why, but I love to take it out for a spin :-))

I like to drive F430 on the tracks, fun for me to run with this car.

Back