Which car to use in ''Like the Wind'' lvl 21 A-SPEC Mode?

I found the Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09, fully tuned (racing tyres) and tweaked is a winner every time. I found the most important tuning is have higher down-force at the front, mine is (35F - 30R) LSD 7 -17 -10. All aids off, corners like a dream, 200mph + in the corners. Just turn early into the corners and hug the inside line.

The Zonda R worked for me. It was the fastest thing in my garage. I thought it was going to be too slow but it turned out to be a good challenge in stock trim. Aids off except ABS=1 and TCS=5. Upped the transmission top speed for Indy and was able to draft and pass the lead car on the last lap.

I got it in one try each with the CLK Mercedes LM Race Car '98 that you win in another event. Kept everything stock with no aids but ABS 1. I'm playing the game a second time through and trying not to buy any cars at all for as long as I can go.

I've almost cracked it with '91 NSX RM (missed it by few points).. Will give it another go this weekend.

...really?! :eek:

Tried it in the Furai on Indy ages ago and managed to win with it. It was still close though. But at least I didn't win by 0.001secs.

Despite all the people saying they couldn't complete "Like the Wind" with a Chevrolet ZR-1 RM, I actually found it somewhat easy with the ZR-1.

I tuned it to 1008hp, and bought everything possible, including soft racing tires.

I left everything as is except for a few things.

Aerodynamics = max. downforce
Anti RB: 3/5
Camber: 2/1.5
Toe: 0/-0.30
Brakes: 5/7

I only changed a few as I was following the tuning of another user (I forgot their name) and it conflicted the tuning from a video showing a ZR-1 winning the 1st race in Like the Wind.

The car handled nicely, I'm by no means an outstanding racer but good enough to beat the Superspeedway Indy I guess.

I beat the 1st race with a 4.5 seconds lead, and I barely won the second one, with only 0.048 seconds between me and my opponent.

My advice is to just do whatever it takes to win on the first race, which might include skipping some turns and going over the grass to reach the oval faster, if you think you need it. For the second race, don't brake. I didn't brake at all and just turned as hard as I can. When turning, you'll overtake most cars in front of you, but they'll quickly catch up on the straights, so you'll have to block them.

Good luck! The Minolta is absolutely a beast. 👍

Despite all the people saying they couldn't complete "Like the Wind" with a Chevrolet ZR-1 RM, I actually found it somewhat easy with the ZR-1.

I tuned it to 1008hp, and bought everything possible, including soft racing tires.

I left everything as is except for a few things.

Aerodynamics = max. downforce
Anti RB: 3/5
Camber: 2/1.5
Toe: 0/-0.30
Brakes: 5/7

I only changed a few as I was following the tuning of another user (I forgot their name) and it conflicted the tuning from a video showing a ZR-1 winning the 1st race in Like the Wind.

The car handled nicely, I'm by no means an outstanding racer but good enough to beat the Superspeedway Indy I guess.

I beat the 1st race with a 4.5 seconds lead, and I barely won the second one, with only 0.048 seconds between me and my opponent.

My advice is to just do whatever it takes to win on the first race, which might include skipping some turns and going over the grass to reach the oval faster, if you think you need it. For the second race, don't brake. I didn't brake at all and just turned as hard as I can. When turning, you'll overtake most cars in front of you, but they'll quickly catch up on the straights, so you'll have to block them.

Good luck! The Minolta is absolutely a beast. 👍

You are going to PM how you got to that amount... I have 905 =P

Ford GT '05.

Fully tuned ++ 890BHP/660PP. Performs like 720PP. Adjust top speed to needed speed + ca. 10%.
It beats almost all LM Race Cars, just watch the mirror...

Buy it when u see it, you won't regret.

Last edited:
do some b-spec and get the zonda r or the mazda furia or the chevy corvette ZR1 race modified with all upgrades and fully cranked up aerodynamics. Zonda r is from the gt championship

for those average drivers like me, your best bet would be furai for daytona and ZR1 RM for Indy. i do not consider ZR1 is waste of credit as you will be using it for the American Championship at Lv 23. i am sure Zonda will do the job just fine, but some how i prefer Furai, it remains as my number choice until FGT/X1 shows up.

I used the mercedes CLK-LM and won in both tracks very easily;

-------------------------------
PART FRONT REAR

Spring rate: 16.5 - 15.5
Height: -15 - -25
Shock absorbers: NA
Dampers Ext: 7 - 7
Dampers Comp: 7 - 7
Camber: 0.0 - 0.0
Toe angle: -0.20 - 0.0
Anti-roll bars: 7 - 3
Brake balance: 7 - 4
Limited slip inital: 15
Limited slip Accel: 5
Limited slip decel: 5
Aero: 50 - 65
ASM: 0
TCS: 2
VCD: NA
ABS: 1
GEARS
1st - 4.052
2nd - 1.923
3rd - 1.383
4th - 1.100
5th - 0.895
6th - 0.748
7th - NA
Final - 3.600
Top speed - 400
The car is easy to drive whit this setup so, you dont need skid recovery or asm.

I just did the Expert Challenge Seasonal event with the Subaru and used the car I got from the level 23 ticket (a Toyota 7, of all things :grumpy:).

if you are willing to buy a fgt granted if you are at that level do it you will crush the ai cars

Believe it or not, I won the first race with a corvette zr1 rm '09 It had 778HP, 1100kg. was really close though, only overtook the number 1 at the last straightish kind of curve

I used the ZR1 RM as well, just set up the gear ratios so that top speed is about 400km/h. I also changed chamber angle up to 7 or something cause it helped to corner without losing that much speed. The strategy is to get first place in the first curve and then just don't let them pass you. I'm not a very good driver and I succeeded, it took me a couple of tries, though

Tried it with the ZR1 and Furia, to no avail. Both got me close, but couldn't quite pull it off. (I was not as well at tuning then, however. When I start over I know what to do) Did it with the FGT. Piece of cake.

Back