Which is better - Pikes Peak machines or HKS dragsters?

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 11 comments

Which is... better?

• The Nissan-HKS dragsters (180SX/GT-R). :)

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • The Suzuki Pikes Peak machines (Cultus/Escudo) :)

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • Both are equally good. ;)👍

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Meh, both sucks and overpowered. :rolleyes:

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Indonesia
Paint booth
FMecha_EXE
In your opinion, which is better - the HKS dragsters or the Suzuki Pikes Peak machines? :)

Cast your vote, and your opinion, here. :)

I don't really care for either much, since there are plenty of other fast and better cars, but if I have to choose, I went with the Pikes Peak cars. Unlike the drag cars, the Escudo and Cultus can actually steer, not just slam into every wall every second. But I wouldn't really want any of them if I had a Skyline GT in my garage. It's excessive without being too excessive.

From machine test point of view , Escudo > Cultus > HKS GT-R > HKS 180SX.
On track Escudo > Cultus > HKS 180SX > HKS GT-R (and many other cars in between Cultus and HKS GT-R.

MadMax

The Pikes Peak cars reign supreme since they can turn (something Naveek Darkroom already said). I think a "stock" (default settings) Cultus can have a fairly decent battle with a 180 at the test track due to its average speed, but I need to check on that.

The Pikes Peak cars reign supreme since they can turn (something Naveek Darkroom already said). I think a "stock" (default settings) Cultus can have a fairly decent battle with a 180 at the test track due to its average speed, but I need to check on that.

Yeah? What's the top speed of the Cultus with the default gearing? With the default gearing, the Escudo goes like 250 or something (I may be wrong), and the Drag 180SX goes roughly 210 or 220 something, well it bounces off the rev limiter again and again. If the Cultus' top speed with the default gearing is below average, it might be fair.

I just tried it and killed the 180- so I'm retracting my "close race" claim. The Cultus can hit 222 mph pretty much anywhere on the track. The 180sx can apparantly hit 250 (at least youtube says it can), but it goes around 170-180 in the turns. I beat it by about 9 seconds. The HKS actually lost to the Mines Evo in a heated battle for 2nd, so I may try that eventually.

180SX hitting 250? The guy must have tuned it. So the Cultus is too easy. Maybe we could try something way less powerful than any of the dragsters or Pikes Peak cars. I actually beat the 180SX in a Cusco Impreza once, and that car has only like somewhere between 400 and 450 horsepower. Anything with over 400 horsepower can beat the 180SX as long as it can steer.

180SX hitting 250? The guy must have tuned it. So the Cultus is too easy. Maybe we could try something way less powerful than any of the dragsters or Pikes Peak cars. I actually beat the 180SX in a Cusco Impreza once, and that car has only like somewhere between 400 and 450 horsepower. Anything with over 400 horsepower can beat the 180SX as long as it can steer.

The drag 180SX will hit 262 or so with no tuning whatsoever.

Okay, but perhaps the AI's 180 is geared differently. Perhaps for acceleration so it can pull forward and have time to brake without getting passed? I don't know, the 180 is way too easy to beat with less than 500 horses. And also, while it was while drafting another 180, I got the car up to 267 mph once. But I still match that in an R390 road car, hitting a draft free 255. See? The HKS drag cars suck, and always will.

Okay, but perhaps the AI's 180 is geared differently. Perhaps for acceleration so it can pull forward and have time to brake without getting passed? I don't know, the 180 is way too easy to beat with less than 500 horses. And also, while it was while drafting another 180, I got the car up to 267 mph once. But I still match that in an R390 road car, hitting a draft free 255. See? The HKS drag cars suck, and always will.
Okay that doesn't sound good, I've just bought a GT2 game and I'm seeing this...

Knowing the escudos speed this will have to go to the pikes peak cars who even voted for the drag cars

Latest Posts

Back