Which Racing model car did you like the most in GT1?

Congo Kinshasa
The Motherland
Manasseh257
I liked the Honda NSX-GT1 LM Edition and the Toyota Supra (castrol) because of the speed and handling.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite was the NSX Type S Zero. It had a great name, great looks, and if I'm correct (been a while) it was the only RM to come in solid black.

Mine was the FTO LM edition. I always softened the suspension a little, and it was on rails. A rocket off the line too.

Cerbera or Chaser. Superb cars.

I'm PAL so I only got the lesser-powered GT2 NSX. Dang.

Well, I was only choosing out of LMs, but if I was to pick an RM'ed car, I'd have to say the JZA70 Supra, Viper GTS, '96 GTO and Lancer Evo IV always gave me some fun thrills. Even if the Lancer was desperately short on top speed.

Problem with the NSXs I found was that the weight reduction was almost too much, and made it too light and unstable. No weight for it to anchor down and corner well.

Problem with the NSXs I found was that the weight reduction was almost too much, and made it too light and unstable. No weight for it to anchor down and corner well.

Yea, and the NSX in the first game was hard to control even with its stock weight! That thing was a jumpy caffeine machine

MazdaPrice

That is true and when it was tuned it always drifted, even on straightaways but it was still my fav for some reason :)

Yea, and the NSX in the first game was hard to control even with its stock weight! That thing was a jumpy caffeine machine

Yeah it was really slippy at times,like the back tires were covered in slime or something. I think that's what I liked. It really was rewarding to win races with. :) And it looked so cool.

It seems like the car description may have even said something about how it wasn't a car for everyone or how it took a certain type of driver to get the most out of that car. I'm not sure though, last time I hooked the ps1 up was about 3 years ago.

Manasseh257NSX
I liked the Honda NSX-GT1 LM Edition and the Toyota Supra (castrol) because of the speed and handling.

Wasn't it NSX-R GT2 LM? Or are you talking about the racing mod.

FTO LM for the win! Intense acceleration, with traction, stability, and amazing handling to boot. It was unbeatable. It sure knows how to dance.

Last edited:
Special Models
* Castrol Supra GT ==> sort of boring
* GTO LM Edition ==> what an overweight super-slug
* Impreza Rally Edition ==> a little boring
* NSX-R LM GT2 ==> I found it too quirky
* Nismo GT-R LM ==> MY FAVOURITE; nice colours, nice handling
* RX-7 LM Edition ==> I probably got better results with this, though

Prizes
* Castrol Supra GT ==> even worse in black
* Cerbera LM Edition ==> MY FAVOURITE
* Chaser LM Edition ==> a challenge
* Concept Car ==> a cheat
* FTO LM Edition ==> I found this mundane to drive
* RX-7 A-spec LM ==> not quite top-of-the-line
* S14 Silvia LM Edition ==> ALSO MY FAVOURITE!
* Viper GTS-R ==> I preferred a race-mod showroom car
* del Sol LM Edition ==> I found this mundane to drive

I used to drive Honda CRX del Sol LM in US vs Japan Championship - I loved to beat Impreza Rally Edition despite its terrible acceleration and more horsepower.
My second favourite was Toyota Castrol Supra GT, which was able to fly through curves without spinning out almost as quickly as Nissan R32 GT-R 89 (or R33 GT-R V-Spec) with race mod.
I also loved to drive Dodge Viper GTS-R because it had fantastic abilities to safely drifting in curves and racing on curvy tracks with it was a simple enjoyment.

Back