Which rally car is best for Yosemite Rally I (Hard)?

• Thread starter SkyReaver
  • 48 comments
Wow, that's really terrible driving :lol: I mean, you gotta admit it's pretty bad! It's not at Yosemite, either...this is at Tahiti Maze.

I Dont think you could get away with that at Yosemite, the barriers are too far away. If thats what you have to do to win, why bother with GT play Burnout.

^yup, that's what I was saying awhile back. To rely on all the walls at Yosemite in every single corner would require taking your car far outside necessary racing lines, adding literally dozens of seconds (possibly).

I was actually gonna suggest something similar. Do you have video capability? I don't, unfortunately. But if you can take a video, I wanna see exactly how you slam around and stuff. That's the only way to do it completly fair.

My idea was a little different from yours. I was gonna do two runs around Yosemite in the same exact car with the same tuning. One run shall feature sloppy driving. No brakes (as you say) and complete wall slams all the way. Then I'll do a seperate run driving more properly.

I used the Toyota Rally Raid Car. Have it saved. See if I can figure out how to get my .maxdrive to work if anyone is interested. Not the fastest. But I think it was a pretty clean run.

If I can do it anyone with some practice time can. Just get ahead and stay there.

Update: Just watched it. Only one 5 sec penalty and a few minor bumps. Nothing to write home about. But I won. That's the main thing. 9'25.xxx. I'm sure I could go faster now.

Last edited:
I'm glad we finally get damage in GT5.

Same here:dopey:...

^yup, that's what I was saying awhile back. To rely on all the walls at Yosemite in every single corner would require taking your car far outside necessary racing lines, adding literally dozens of seconds (possibly).
the trick on yosemite is, you must know where and where not to do "it"...

If you bump the gearing a little taller and be a gear higher than the flashing gear recommendation when going into the turns you can keep the wheelspin to a minimum. Most of the rally cars work well in these advanced dirt races with just that adjustment.

Hihi.. what i did on these rally event was i got the pikes peak rally car put the 4 staged turbo in it witch put near 2000 bhp ^^ ran the walls.. but i failed couse i got the pikes peak for winning the hole rally stadge :P

Hihi.. what i did on these rally event was i got the pikes peak rally car put the 4 staged turbo in it witch put near 2000 bhp ^^ ran the walls.. but i failed couse i got the pikes peak for winning the hole rally stadge :P

BS ALERT, BS ALERT, BS ALERT!! WOOT WOOT WOOT!! *sirens flashing everywhere* :eek::eek::dunce::scared::dopey::sly:

You are mistaking GT3's power levels with GT4's. The most powerful car in GT4 is just over 1200hp....guess what....it's not the Escudo. :cool:

BS ALERT, BS ALERT, BS ALERT!! WOOT WOOT WOOT!! *sirens flashing everywhere* :eek::eek::dunce::scared::dopey::sly:

You are mistaking GT3's power levels with GT4's. The most powerful car in GT4 is just over 1200hp....guess what....it's not the Escudo. :cool:

The escudo in GT3 doesn't have near 2000hp either, unless he thinks that 250hp is a little bit:scared:...

Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '85 👍
EPIC car! fit it with a new turbo to get it up to 580bhp and you will cane everyone, so long as you can drive it properly ;)

The escudo in GT3 doesn't have near 2000hp either,
Wanna bet on that one?? :mischievous: It's 1881hp after the oil change.

*added bit* Even in GT3 FAQ, it's got it listed as 1824hp. I'm almost positive it's my figure though. Will load up GT3 today to double check. :sly:

I've got to give a vote to the 2003 Subaru Impreza Rally Car, it's what I used.
It's got a whole lot of torque which is more important than peak power on those tight rally stages.

I used the toyota corrola rally car with the stage 4 turbo. I did a 3kph drift at the grand canyon in 3rd gear (very hard to do) and that car won all the rally stages in easy,medium and hard.Chimonox is the hardest track(cant see most of it.

Back