Which TIRES do you use drifting?

• Thread starter GoTham-R
  • 210 comments

Which tires and HP do you use?

• Total voters
Wouldn't be caught dead drifting that thing. First: it's AWD Second: it's a 🤬 Honda Element, what's next the Odessey...

quit compensating and try the damn thing and with the tuning it ends up with 90% of power to the rear wheels. Besides, your friends will only laugh if you mess up. it was good enough for Formula d.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz__4D_aL4U

The Element in the vid is a full rwd system, not just 90% (just doesn't cut it, it isn't the same).

Why would someone drift that, its an SUV?? 👎

I see people drifting the weirdest things. I think people just like being different, even if they look like noob.

^ the 10/90 split is the best i can get. And as my psn hints i dont care if people think im a noob because usually someone else always ends up acting like an a$$. Yeah, its a dorky looking low hp pos but as it sits I am the only person that has found a decent use for the thing.

fbccars924
^ the 10/90 split is the best i can get. And as my psn hints i dont care if people think im a noob because usually someone else always ends up acting like an a$$. Yeah, its a dorky looking low hp pos but as it sits I am the only person that has found a decent use for the thing.

Also make front lsd all 5 and ballast all the weight in the back. That helos for me

^lol or the usual flame session that follows my posts, apparently im not too well liked around these parts.

Honda Element... you kidding right...
double_trek_facepalm.jpg

hey I can get the Honda Odyssey looking thing to drift as well as the Prius. pretty fun.

Well for me it depends what track really,
For a Long track i usually use Comfort Hards & And Small tracks like Sukuba i use Comfort Soft

But for my 600bhp+ i use comfort hards For sure,.

GTWelsh
Even using comfort hard tires means you have to either slow down alot or feather the throttle alot in order to get the grip required to not go off the track.

Never have that problem. Got to be your tuning

Comfort soft with a car about 400hp (for small tracks) and sport hard with a car about 650 hp (for big tracks). In my opinion comfort hard tires aren't realistic, the car feels like it's on the ice :crazy:

Comfort Hards exclusively. I learned (as others have suggested) on a low horsepower car. The 1969 Isuzu Bellet 1600 GT-R. It only had 220 hp, and I had tried cambered mediums on it (which looked hilarious by the way). CH's worked the best and helped me learn proper technique. Now-a-days I use better cars trying to maximize on what the CH's can handle.

This is funny, since I last posted in this thread, I sold GT5 and my PS3, got into PC sim racing and LFS, missed GT5 and I'm about a week away from getting a PS3 again with GT5. I distinctly remember feeling although CH were fun, and a laugh, and provided epic graduation from grip to slip. CM were perhaps the most realistic when the power gets above 400bhp or there about. Low powered cars fair enough, CH. But like I said, more power really should mean better tires, thus more skill needed and a reason for your 600bhp :)

But drifting alone isn't the same, and people won't change, so I'll be using CH I have no doubt :P .

This is funny, since I last posted in this thread, I sold GT5 and my PS3, got into PC sim racing and LFS, missed GT5 and I'm about a week away from getting a PS3 again with GT5. I distinctly remember feeling although CH were fun, and a laugh, and provided epic graduation from grip to slip. CM were perhaps the most realistic when the power gets above 400bhp or there about. Low powered cars fair enough, CH. But like I said, more power really should mean better tires, thus more skill needed and a reason for your 600bhp :)

But drifting alone isn't the same, and people won't change, so I'll be using CH I have no doubt :P .

Wow, where have YOU been? xD Anyways, welcome back soonish, and although I agree on the realism part, i don't agree with using them. Why? Simply because there are so many people on GT5 without even decent driving experience, let alone drifting. I just don't feel comfortable with higher speeds for less experienced people. ;)

Hey, if you want freedom of speech, so can we. What you added was useless, and that's MY freedom of speech. And his.

Touche Good sir.

But how is it irrelevant? I mean tires depend on set up, power etc. i don't usually use the same thing on every car, which does answer the question.

I was just making a point that cars like the Element and other lower end cars shouldn't be looked down upon because they are slow.

An with the right setup they are actually extremely fun to drive.

Touche Good sir.

But how is it irrelevant? I mean tires depend on set up, power etc. i don't usually use the same thing on every car, which does answer the question.

I was just making a point that cars like the Element and other lower end cars shouldn't be looked down upon because they are slow.

An with the right setup they are actually extremely fun to drive.

I'm not a good sir, nor a bad one. (No offence taken, just think about it ;p)

Anyway, I love drifting the Corolla Levin Ae86, so I know slow cars can be fun. However, as I explained before, that choice has nothing to do with tires, I ALWAYS use Comfort Hards. I explained why, as well before.

Last but not least: I don't think you should drive any car that can't drift a track without messing up other people. I know my 86 is slow, so I watch traffic around me. And I let them pass. If you want to use slow car, I suggest you do the same. (Because I know you won't.

Back