Which type of racing do you prefer Racing or Drifting?

• Thread starter M12
  • 35 comments

Which type of racing do you prefer Racing or Drifting?

• Racing

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Drifting

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I prefer the both. I like the grip in races, but I like too the drift, during the races and for "play". Actually, I like more the drift now. I prefer the drift.

Originally posted by Nism0_Racer
I like both but i think Drift is more entertaining to watch than regular racing.

I agree, I use grip racing for endurance and the GT league. I also like to mix it up on some courses like on the Rome at night course and get really fast times like a 1:33:?? with the R390 GT1 LM car :D

I use and like both. I can do extreme drifting and badass gripping.
What I do is grip into the turn and ¾ into the turn I gas it and come out straight, but gotta have rwd.

Drfiting is faster then grip racing...
I use driftbecause I believe it's faster.
:eek: :banghead: actually i prefer drifting because ive liked drifting 4 along time.
also to thoes people dat dont kno grip driving is faster because when u grip u get more tracsion and ure not just spinning ure wheels :lol: :mad: (icant be live u doods thuaght that and im only 14 HA HA HA J/k bye:cool:

Originally posted by coolguy
:eek: :banghead: actually i prefer drifting because ive liked drifting 4 along time.
also to thoes people dat dont kno grip driving is faster because when u grip u get more tracsion and ure not just spinning ure wheels :lol: :mad: (icant be live u doods thuaght that and im only 14 HA HA HA J/k bye:cool:

WOW, this sounds like "I am the best, and yours are crap drift guys, you don't know anything of cars.". It give the idea you never done speed drift, by your answer. Just do this, push a car to the limit, using grip, and the car begin to do understeering, now imagine a car, with the same entrance speed, the same line, same speed during the curve, with the rear sliding, and no understeering. This ultimate car would overtake you after the curve.

To "lancer drifter" that is if u wanna ruin ure diff. and waste ure tire's like i said i DRIFT i like DRIFTING BUT it not the fastest way around the corner again Grip driving is + if u under steer u aboisly need to get a better sus. setting to better suit ure track conditions SMART 1 get ure stuff str8 beffor u open ure mouth:D

bye ahole LOL j/k

Attachments

• r32.gif
    r32.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 73
If you put a more stiff suspension in grip, the car won't do so much understeering, but if you put a suspension more stiff in a drift guy, he will drift more fast, really, you can really see the difference. At least, it happened to me. But it is true drift waste very fast the tyres.

Originally posted by Lancer Drifter
WOW, this sounds like "I am the best, and yours are crap drift guys, you don't know anything of cars.". It give the idea you never done speed drift, by your answer. Just do this, push a car to the limit, using grip, and the car begin to do understeering, now imagine a car, with the same entrance speed, the same line, same speed during the curve, with the rear sliding, and no understeering. This ultimate car would overtake you after the curve.

:rolleyes:

an expert drifter would know wen do drift and wen to grip on one track, with this theory, u could get record times, but if its all for show, drift hardcore, if its about dexterity and patience, grip...

I myself do drift because I have a factory backed Live For Speed team(RS*R to be exact) and I need my drift time. I show drift(choku dori) and a little race drift. Play LFS and you will get better at GT2 driftin' trust me.

WOOT WOOT

this has got to be the funniest most misinformed thread ever!

when I'm showing off, or want to really test my skill i'll use drift.
If I want to go fast I'll use proper racing lines and avoid letting the tyres slide under any circumstances. neutrality is your friend if you want ultimate speed, both understeer and oversteer will slow you down.

ox!'s quick fact minute.
"choku" isn't a japanese word.
drift is slower than not drift.
drift is never, EVER faster than grip.
neutrality mid corner is not drift
oversteer is not drift.
massive coutersteering sustained oversteer is drift.

...on the other hand I believe it all depends on the person

Soo I think that grip could be faster
or drift could be faster all depends on what the user feels when he races. Be surprised how fast drifting is if done ^properly:)

I agree with RType on this one. If you do drift the proper way, you will be faster on SOME corners. I will admit grip is faster on most parts of a track but drift is just more fun, and that is what it is all about. Oh yeah, I won my 50 lap Legends car race at Senoia Speedway last night.:D $500 in the bank for me.

If you drift in a race you will go slower. full stop, ever see a F1 driver drift because it's "quicker" in some corners? didn't think so.

actually there are a few (very few) sharp, hairpin type turns where it can be faster to drift. However in 99% of cases drifting will never be faster, as you are losing traction. One reason (im sure theres more than one) you don't see formula one drivers drifting because it would be extremely dangerous with f1 cars. I myself like some drifting, but I like to compete with my friends, and its hard to score drifting as its not simple like reading lap times.

When I race I strictly grip my friend on the other hand believes drifting is superior which i totally disagree with.Drifting is for show not something to be done in a real race.If i'm wrong prove me wrong.

Latest Posts

Back