Which version of FM6 will you be getting?

• Thread starter symo63
  • 307 comments

Which version of FM6 will you be getting?

• Total voters
Is early access included in the Ultimate Edition's rather big price tag, or is it simply a reward people get for going all in? In other words, would I be able to buy the Standard Edition, Car Pass and go VIP for less money than the Ultimate Edition requires? I'm just asking because I don't currently own an Xbox One, and I won't invest in anything before the criticism has spoken about the full game, meaning that early access would be gamble I'm not willing to take.

Last edited:
Is early access included in the Ultimate Edition's rather big price tag, or is it simply a reward people get for going all in? In other words, would I be able to buy the Standard Edition, Car Pass and go VIP for less money than the Ultimate Edition requires? I'm just asking because I don't currently own and Xbox One, and I won't invest in anything before the criticism has spoken about the full game, meaning that early access would be gamble I'm not willing to take.
That's probably what you get for going all in.

$59.99 for the game
$20.00 for VIP (going off FM5 for this price.)
$40.00 for the Car Pass (going off FM5 for this price.)

Just a rough guess, since you can't seem to buy the VIP or the Car pass on their own, yet. That said, the prices aren't exactly accurate, but it is what you can assume so far. I would say opt for the Ultimate as its the best bang for your buck. The deluxe edition doesn't come with the car pass, and its $20 cheaper.

IIRC, buying all the things included in the Ultimate Edition (Car Pass, VIP) would actually cost more than if you just bought that version of the game, not less. The early access is literally a bonus.

That said, I'm going off guesses at listed prices: if you find a prepaid XBL card for cheap you might be able to save some money.

Long story short: if you're planning on getting everything, at least before FM7 comes out, the Ultimate makes the most sense.

Question for anyone that might be able to answer;

I get paid on the 11th, one day after the Ultimate is released. Do you think it possible that they'd still allow the purchase of it?

In short no,I'd wait untill the next day as it wouldn't go through until the money is there,the digital takes the money as soon as you buy it.

In short no,I'd wait untill the next day as it wouldn't go through until the money is there,the digital takes the money as soon as you buy it.
It seems I could have worded it better :lol: The money isn't the concern, it's the availability of the game. I'm asking if the Ultimate will still be on sale after the 10th, or are they going to drop it? I dont really see a reason why they would drop it, but eh just wanted to ask.

It seems I could have worded it better :lol: The money isn't the concern, it's the availability of the game. I'm asking if the Ultimate will still be on sale after the 10th, or are they going to drop it? I dont really see a reason why they would drop it, but eh just wanted to ask.
Nah you're fine with that I think.:lol:

Just tuned up the Xbox One (wiped off dust :lol:) in anticipation of "Tomorrow's FM6 Demo Release". :odd:
I might stay up all night and .. :nervous:
Bought $130.00 (Canadian) worth of MS Points/Dollars. :irked:
Ultimate Edition $114.99 = Tax = $129.95 +- :boggled:
Will decide after playing the Demo :crazy:
Good Luck and have fun :cheers: to all.

I've been thinking hard about the Ultimate Edition, but I'm honestly not sure. I won't be able to get an Xbone until the end of September/Early October, and with the Ultimate being digital only... Dunno if I can preorder the game and then just not do anything with it until then.

One thing I will say about having digital copies... it has so far been very convenient.

The first XBone that I picked up had the grinding disk drive of doom; It's a well-known hardware problem that should have been fixed a year ago. Anyway, I had already downloaded 4 games before finding out it was defective.

After spending 20 minutes running out and replacing the system, I was able to get the whole new console set up, with my games queued and downloading, within a couple of minutes. ALL of your game saves and files are stored on the cloud by default, and load when you sign in on a new console. In fact... you can even sign in on a friends' console, download a game, and play on your own profile- but your friend then needs to purchase to play on their own profile.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the all-digital experience, so far.

One thing I will say about having digital copies... it has so far been very convenient.

The first XBone that I picked up had the grinding disk drive of doom; It's a well-known hardware problem that should have been fixed a year ago. Anyway, I had already downloaded 4 games before finding out it was defective.

After spending 20 minutes running out and replacing the system, I was able to get the whole new console set up, with my games queued and downloading, within a couple of minutes. ALL of your game saves and files are stored on the cloud by default, and load when you sign in on a new console. In fact... you can even sign in on a friends' console, download a game, and play on your own profile- but your friend then needs to purchase to play on their own profile.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the all-digital experience, so far.

You can game share digitally also with a friend and play the same copy at the same time.

I've been thinking hard about the Ultimate Edition, but I'm honestly not sure. I won't be able to get an Xbone until the end of September/Early October, and with the Ultimate being digital only... Dunno if I can preorder the game and then just not do anything with it until then.
I don't see why not. Heck, even if it's given as a code for the download, you'd still most likely have a good amount of time to download it.

You can buy the game with your account and it will work whenever you get an Xbox One.

Realistically, there shouldn't be any issues: you're charged for the game immediately, so at that point you should be able to download the game and all the associated items as often as you'd like for the foreseeable future. If it's a few weeks after release, it shouldn't make any difference.

Though, if you won't be playing until then, it might be worth checking out how much it'd be to just add the VIP/Car Pass to a physical copy of the game, in case any discounts can be had on either. Unless you really want that vinyl'd MX-5... er, and maybe the F&F pack, come to think of it.

Do it! I was going to do the same for F5, got the LCE version and was gonna sit on it till Xbox one prices went down. I then went to the WEC race at COTA, played the demo and 2 months later was standing in a line hoping I could get an Xbox on the release day lol.

So go play the demo, you'll magically come up with the funds lol

It's the convenience of digital distribution I like. I'll be able to leave Horizon in the tray and play FM6, GTA V and Fifa 15 from the hard drive. I'll only need to swap disc for Ride and maybe PCars or NBA 2K14 once in a while. I also have Black Flag, Sunset Overdrive and Sniper 3 amongst other digital titles as back up if I desire something different. Digital is the future and rightly so.

VXR
It's the convenience of digital distribution I like. I'll be able to leave Horizon in the tray and play FM6, GTA V and Fifa 15 from the hard drive. I'll only need to swap disc for Ride and maybe PCars or NBA 2K14 once in a while. I also have Black Flag, Sunset Overdrive and Sniper 3 amongst other digital titles as back up if I desire something different. Digital is the future and rightly so.

I get so annoyed having to swap out discs now. :lol:

I agree. FM6 Ultimate is my first digital purchase but it sure won't be my last

Going digital at nearly 50 hasn't come easily though. For a while it seemed somehow
frightening, for want of a better word :)
I'm also approaching fifty and the onset of approaching senility means I sometimes forget where I've put my game discs, so going digital means I don't have to hunt them down or buy new ones.

Currently installing all the Ultimate Edition bits and bobs. This being the first time I've bought into the VIP membership and FM Car Pass which were tempting enough prospects with previous Forza titles. But I ultimately ended up buying only a fraction of the DLC available in FM3/4.

This however seemed like the perfect first download for the new system. 👍

Last edited:
Back