Which version of FM6 will you be getting?

• Thread starter symo63
  • 307 comments

Which version of FM6 will you be getting?

• Total voters
I have played a little bit of FM5, and was really impressed with the sound especially. The customization looks great too, and the car list for FM6 is excellent...the DLC sucks, but I can deal with that. Also, I've switched over to a control layout in GT6 that is almost identical to the standard Forza layout, so crossing over shouldn't be that bad.

I'll probably go with the fresh-looking blue one, tbh. :) That way if I like it, I can add the DLC.
Slip is talking about the cheesy ignition effect that sounds every time you turn the LE console on. To me it sounds like that could get old real fast but your mileage may vary. It sure looks nice though.

..given that I just ran through ALL previous forzas today to buy some cars on each, I dont think that "going unobtainable" is something that should worry you, at least on this platform specifically. ;)

Yes....I have been furiously playing them ALL lately as well, but maybe you didn't play quite furiously enough to notice that if you try to get any FM2 or FM3 DLC from either the marketplace or via a code card, that its all gone ...er.....'UNOBTAINABLE'! Of course anyone who has FM1 can have the whole game because it is all there on the disc waiting. I've got nothing against DLC BTW and love the way games get new content every few weeks....its the fact that it can get turned off that I hate. I think that when the developers have classed a game as 'Finished With' they should just put all the DLC in a file and bung it on Gamefaqs for everyone to have.

Last edited:
Yes....I have been furiously playing them ALL lately as well, but maybe you didn't play quite furiously enough to notice that if you try to get any FM2 or FM3 DLC from either the marketplace or via a code card, that its all gone ...er.....'UNOBTAINABLE'! Of course anyone who has FM1 can have the whole game because it is all there on the disc waiting. I've got nothing against DLC BTW and love the way games get new content every few weeks....its the fact that it can get turned off that I hate. I think that when the developers have classed a game as 'Finished With' they should just put all the DLC in a file and bung it on Gamefaqs for everyone to have.

no matter if you bought it on disk or digitally, the same things remain available.
and IF you owned the DLC back when it was available for sale, you can still get it via download history list.

Last edited:
have you had them before? should be able to d/l if you stroll on your d/l list

No...they became UNOBTAINABLE before I used the code.....which is the whole point of my argument. I do know about download history, but even that's not infallible as I have several entries that are "No Longer Availabe" in that list too.

Last edited:
No...they became UNOBTAINABLE before I used the code.....which is the whole point of my argument.
well, you COULD get them for at least FIVE YEARS since the game launched.
and if you had them back then, they are always available to re-d/l

I really dont think is something here to complain about.

No...they became UNOBTAINABLE before I used the code.....which is the whole point of my argument. I do know about download history, but even that's not infallible as I have several entries that are "No Longer Availabe" in that list too.

Every code has an expiration date. It's nothing new.

Either could work for you. Have you played any of the Forza games before? If you haven't, going the Ultimate route would be a bit of a gamble. I did it back in 2011 with FM4 and was seriously impressed, but YMMV. If you're able to find any pre-paid XBL cards for cheap, those could get you all the stuff you're missing out on from the Ultimate edition (except the early access).

Personally, I can't stand the sound effects on the special FM console, so I'd never consider it. If you get one of the other bundles, you can always sell off the game it comes with if it doesn't interest you. If a bundle includes an extra controller, I'd probably go for that, in all honesty.
They say you can turn off the sound effect but no clue how plus that controller looks great, i also like the built in grip pad on the back.

So, I'm kind of torn on this choice; I don't have an XB1, so I was going to grab the Forza 6 special edition on Sep 15 (preordered). The reason is that I'm buying the Xbox specifically for Horizon 2 and Forza 6, and all of the other current 1TB bundles are the same price, with free-game choices that don't really interest me all that much.

So either I spend an extra $90 on the Ultimate edition and end up with a standard XB1 and an extra game (and maybe an extra wired controller), or the Forza 6 XB1 with only the standard edition of the game, and the need to buy all of the additional DLC. Hmm.

An extra wired controller is a good option, since the wireless seem to be defective for sound, and d-pad typing is useless, since the characters typed seem to skip 2-4 spaces. (have to use the LT to move while typing).
Also, keep in mind that if you pre-order FM6 before Sep/15, you will receive 2 free car pack for Forza Horizon 2 (14 cars). Alpinestars and Duracell car packs). :odd:
If the console you buy comes with a free game of choice, pick a game that's still hot on the market, and you can always sell it for $25+ if you're not interested in playing it.
As of now, the Ultimate Edition seems the better choice, considering the extra/bonus add ons etc.. :eek:
Whatever you decide, enjoy! :cheers:

An extra wired controller is a good option, since the wireless seem to be defective for sound, and d-pad typing is useless, since the characters typed seem to skip 2-4 spaces. (have to use the LT to move while typing).
Also, keep in mind that if you pre-order FM6 before Sep/15, you will receive 2 free car pack for Forza Horizon 2 (14 cars). Alpinestars and Duracell car packs). :odd:
If the console you buy comes with a free game of choice, pick a game that's still hot on the market, and you can always sell it for $25+ if you're not interested in playing it.
As of now, the Ultimate Edition seems the better choice, considering the extra/bonus add ons etc.. :eek:
Whatever you decide, enjoy! :cheers:

Yep, I changed my mind and probably will not be getting the Forza special edition xbox. There is a deal right now thru Walmart that gives you the 1tb Halo bundle, a second standard wireless controller, and a choice of free second game (I'll probably try Destiny or NFS Rivals) for 399. That seems like the deal to be had at the moment, and I wouldn't feel bad about grabbing the Forza titles separately.

Snagged an xbox one for $200 (good timing) with 4 games (blackflag,unity,mortal kombat X, batman arkham knight) that was only a month old. Probably go to wally world around midnight and get the standard. See how it feels compared to 4

Snagged an xbox one for $200 (good timing) with 4 games (blackflag,unity,mortal kombat X, batman arkham knight) that was only a month old. Probably go to wally world around midnight and get the standard. See how it feels compared to 4
I wont say "go get F5" because F6 is around the corner, but I will say go get forza horizon 2.
imo very nice appetizer.

Ty for your reply, but it does not answer my question. :dunce:

Why would I need to change my region from Canada to US? If I'm gonna pay the exchange rate difference from Canadian $ to US $, I might as well pay the $114.99 Canadian $, eh!? :rolleyes:
At 🤬 Microsoft, there's never anything simple and properly .... scripted. 🤬

Considering BLOPS3 is $80 in Canada and $60 in America, it seems like the Forza price isn't that bad.

Sometimes you can save money by buying games in different regions on Xbox Live, that's the only reason I suggest it.

Am i the only one who is surprised by the number of people going for the ultimate edition? I though people didn't want to part with such a high figure of money for a game but it seems I was wrong. Outselling the standard.

Am i the only one who is surprised by the number of people going for the ultimate edition? I though people didn't want to part with such a high figure of money for a game but it seems I was wrong. Outselling the standard.

On this site youre more likely to have the types that are going to spend the extra on a racing sim. Poll avg gamers and it will level out

I won't lie, I'm supremely tempted to pick up a PS4 for a few games, plus MGS5, but I went three years without spoiling MGS4 for myself before I got a PS3, so I can wait. FM6 seems more and more like it'll be like FM4 for me, and occupy most of my gaming time. Seems worth it.

I won't lie, I'm supremely tempted to pick up a PS4 for a few games, plus MGS5, but I went three years without spoiling MGS4 for myself before I got a PS3, so I can wait. FM6 seems more and more like it'll be like FM4 for me, and occupy most of my gaming time. Seems worth it.
I absolutely agree, I got a PS4 for MLB The Show, Driveclub and GT7 when it releases but my gaming time will be spent on FM6 as I don't think I have been this hyped on a game for ages.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree, I got a PS4 for MLB The Show and GT7 when it releases but my gaming time will be spent on FM6 as I don't think I have been this hyped on a game for ages.
Not Driveclub? Man If I were to get a PS4, I'd be playing the hell out of it. Game looks amazing. Im sure GT7 will spectacular as well.....when it eventually comes out

Not Driveclub? Man If I were to get a PS4, I'd be playing the hell out of it. Game looks amazing. Im sure GT7 will spectacular as well.....when it eventually comes out
Sorry overlooked that one, added, Driveclub, wasn't great at launch but much better now with cars and bug fixes.

Mind you, that poll is slightly off as well, the only reason I've voted standard is because I wanted that console more than Ultimate to start with. Might be the same for some other people who only chose Standard over Ultimate because of that console.

I said before that I wouldn't be getting Forza 6 due to wheel incompatibility, but I changed my mind. I decided to start saving up for a Fanatec CSW V2, which I'll hopefully obtain sooner rather than later. In the mean, I'm defenitely getting the Ultimate Edition of Forza 6. It's looking like a bigger and better Forza 4, so I defenitely want everything it has to offer. Can't wait to try the demo as well. 👍

I said before that I wouldn't be getting Forza 6 due to wheel incompatibility, but I changed my mind. I decided to start saving up for a Fanatec CSW V2, which I'll hopefully obtain sooner rather than later. In the mean, I'm defenitely getting the Ultimate Edition of Forza 6. It's looking like a bigger and better Forza 4, so I defenitely want everything it has to offer. Can't wait to try the demo as well. 👍
I got Fanatec CSW V2 just hoping they will bring out a rim like the bmw gt rim for the xbox one rather then the hub.

Back