Which viper should I get?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fastcarguy
  • 35 comments
  • 2,109 views
Messages
2,107
United States
Massachusetts
Messages
CreamyNute11a
The viper has always been my favorite car in the GT games, and in GT5, the premium ACR viper was my favorite car. But which viper is better in GT6? Is the new Viper better than the ACR viper in game? Or should I get the ACR again?
 
Last edited:
I'd say get one of each.
 
Not the long one with fangs that makes a "sssss" sound!

But yeah, all of the road versions completely stock are great to drive.
 
Don't get the new one, wayyy to hard to control. I would go with a slightly older one
 
The TZ3 Stradale.
Is that a new Viper model? :lol:

Couple of stock laptimes for reference from the Nurb PP board:

07:02.351 - SRT Viper GTS Launch Edition '13 (Sutuki)
07:02.514 - SRT Viper GTS '13 (mike_gt3)
 
I have a couple of them tuned, including the ACR and the ACR does seem to handle better out of the gate than the others and tunes a little more HP than the others. But I have not spent nearly the time with the Viper that others posting here have.
 
Is that a new Viper model? :lol:

Couple of stock laptimes for reference from the Nurb PP board:
Its a viper underneath the body shell

Personally I like the ACR, that thing can be devastating
 
All of them, I have 14 in my garage. The ACR is my least favorite, the '13 and '02 GTS see the most track time for me.
 
Go for one the '13s. I haven't even thought about tuning my launch edition its too much fun to drive stock
 
Not the long one with fangs that makes a "sssss" sound!
Sg8vJkv.gif


Sorry. I don't have much else to contribute here since i'm no fan of American cars, generally speaking. That said, the ACR was quite a pleasant surprise.
 
Why don't you just buy all of them? They're not expensive.
 
The '02 paint it dark blue and you'll keep the white strips. My fave.
 
Except dark blue is my least favorite color.
I mean like a darkish blue metallic. Or you have to buy a new viper'13 with no strips in GTS blue to get the actual paint chip. When you buy a car with stripes you don't get the paint chip.
 
All of them, I have 14 in my garage. The ACR is my least favorite, the '13 and '02 GTS see the most track time for me.
I wish they'd pemium the orica vipers or bring back the '98 orica viper in GT2 & the old RT/10s. The Oricas in GT6 look like they're straight out of GT3 all straight lines & pixilated.
 
The '02 paint it dark blue and you'll keep the white stripes. My fave.

Get the '13 Launch Edition and you get Viper GTS Blue, stick that on it.
 
love my ACR.I own them all and have kept them all stock
Gemasolar.jpg
 
Get the '13 Launch Edition and you get Viper GTS Blue, stick that on it.
If it has stripes on the car you don't get the paint chip . From memory I had to buy a '06 viper GTS blue to get the chip money well spent IMO. Saying that you can experiment with some other blue shades which actually look better.
 
What do you guys think of the GTS-R Concept? I was thinking about purchasing one.
 
They're all pretty good cars. I think I prefer the old GTS to the others despite it being a bit slower.
 
Get the '13 Launch Edition and you get Viper GTS Blue,.

I'm not being picky, but that's "Viper GTS 'Pearl' blue". Look at the Viper SRT 10, you can get "Viper GTS blue" which looks different to the Pearl version. However, I bought one and you can't get the paint chip, so the GTS pearl is the only available Viper blue. Also on the Launch Edition, if I remember correctly, it says "Viper 'Bright' pearl blue", is it brighter? This paint chip is also unavailable, and I'm pretty sure you meant the ordinary SRT '13 Viper as the Launch Edition only has that colour and you can't get it's paint chip.

To put it simply:

Viper GTS Blue - Unavailable Chip (From SRT 10 Viper)

Viper GTS Pearl Blue - Available Chip (From SRT '13 Viper)

Viper GTS Bright Pearl Blue - Unavailable Chip (From SRT '13 Viper launch edition)

I haven't checked if there's a difference between the Pearl and the Bright pearl blue, or they were just named that way for differentiating between the Normal and Launch Edition, as the Launch edition's blue has white stripes, whereas the normal one has no white Stripes when picking Blue. You'll have to use your eyes to see for yourself.
 
What do you guys think of the GTS-R Concept? I was thinking about purchasing one.
I bought it . Its expensive at 1mill. But be aware you can't paint it like in GT5 & also you can't change those awful white wheels. Which in real life are silver!?!:confused: Still drives well.
 
@haythem09 Maybe I forgot the name of the color, I got the color from the '13 Launch Edition Viper because I was told that you couldn't get it from the other '13 Viper.

On my '02, I haven't seen a Viper that looked like it since GT1.

Although, the Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum in Pigeon Forge TN. has one in that color. (And no , it isn't for sale. ;))
 
Throw front and rear aero on the 2013 regular edition (along with a weight reduction and a few other goodies) and it turns into a surprisingly slick touring car.

(If you're being careful with cash, double duty is always nice.)
 
The 2013 GTS. It is unbelievably good to drive. Tuned to about 1050bhp it still handles brilliantly.
 
I love the new viper.
 
Back