Which was your first GT2 car?

• Thread starter Kynigh
  • 173 comments

What's the brand of your 1st GT2 car?

• Total voters
My first car was a red Toyota Supra MA70. Won a couple of races with it. Still stays at the top slot of my garage. :sly:

I bought this same red MA70! :D Did a 'rags-to-riches' type of story with it...the driver a poor Chinese guy who earned something like 70 credits a year before he started racing. When he won his first GT Regional event...and cleared $250,000 after selling the prize car..that's a moment I'll never forget! :)

Wow, that Particular car must be pretty popular, because that SAME Red MA70 was MY first car too! Sadly, my skills weren't as good as they are now because even though i won my first race with it going away i ended up doing about 3 complete 360 spins!

When i started a GT2 file again last year I went with a Red Nissan Pulsar GTi-R.

i unlocked the event generator after u finish the licences. bought myself a Skyline and won a bit of money. then i went to the special events and went from there. too bad my memory card got corrupted

Nissan Skyline GTS25 Type S R32 was my first car two times. Why? Because he has under 197(200)hp and I could do around 50% of carrer with one car. Good car.

The Prelude appears to be a popular choice, as I had one too...a sort of dark bluey-green colour. Great handling car, I loved the way it seemed to drift even though it was FF...a brilliant handling car. Occasionally almost felt like it was a slot car, it was that good. I remember doing a race at Tahiti Road over and over and over and over again to save up enough money for the racing modifcation for it, it looked brilliant with the RM on it :D

My first car ? AH! I remember!
Nissan Silvia Q's 1800cc 1988 is my first car ever in GT2 (that makes... somewhere between 6-7 years already).
The (not so) funny thing is during my played Gran Turismo career (GT, GT2, GT3:A-Spec, & GT4), in 3 of those game I have light green colored car as my starter car, and 2 of those are the same Silvia with same paintjob (in GT3 i use Storia X4 while in GT4 it's VW Lupo).

1988 Toyota MR-2 1600 G-Limited Supercharger. I love the MR handling and while low on power, it's high on fun.:sly:
I also just bought GT2 today, but I have 1,3,4,5 Prologue.

1988 Toyota MR-2 1600 G-Limited Supercharger. I love the MR handling and while low on power, it's high on fun.:sly:
I also just bought GT2 today, but I have 1,3,4,5 Prologue.

So did I. Have you racing modified yours yet? I cant play my copy anymore its too old and scratched:indiff:

So did I. Have you racing modified yours yet? I cant play my copy anymore its too old and scratched:indiff:

No, I did not get that far (I plan to) but I play on my PS3 and it lags slightly but it works perfect, nontheless. :)
The car was blue by the way.
And its first ever race was on the Sunday Cup Tahiti Road Course.
And it's won 1 out of 5 races it's been in. :grumpy:

Last edited:
I think this car is the best to start

Wait if you look at that picture close up, you'll notice it's on a PS1 emulator, which of such can't be discussed on GTPlanet. Anyway, my first car in GT2? A Nissan Pulsar GTI-R, which was bought after getting all the licenses (except Super). Managed to get some cash from the Sunday Cup to tune it up so it was competitive in the first Grand Touring Car Trophy race, whose prize car I used to do the other of the GTCT races, whose two prize cars I sold. Then I worked from there.

My first car in GT2 was a red '91 Nissan Pulsar GT-i

It wasn't too pretty but it served its purpose and still remains at the very top of my garage list as a rally car. The reason I bought it was because it had the most horsepower of all the cars available from day 1.

I used that Pulsar too. I recommend that as anyone's starting car, as tuning it (if you get the cash in the Sunday Cup) and using it in the Grand Touring Car Trophy properly can make you very rich very quickly. Completely stock, it handles well and is quick. It can take on a Corvette if you mod it to 350-some horses too. It rolls in corners quite a bit though.

Last edited:
R32 GTS4.

Like PB, I got beaten a few times on Tahiti by small city cars too! Rubber band, rubber band.

Mine was a batted, old, used black Mazda 323 sedan.
Then is got racing modification and turned it into my
favorite Rally car.
Those were the good old days...:)

Does the game have the same starting car choices for all versions? It's not random, is it? Because I don't remember having the '91 Pulsar as an option...

Went with the Mirage Cyborg '92 myself, though in retrospect it's no where near one of the best options. Though it got me pretty far along, it's handling and crappy power band keep it from performing as good as its numbers suggest.

I bought the cheapest Nissan Silvia K's 2000cc available, about 8,000Cr. I can't remember the colour of it though and I no longer have the saved game with it on there.

I did buy it again on more recently, the handling's not to good but it's still a decent first car.

My first car in GT2 was a '92 Skyline I believe. But after I lost all my career data I started with a '92 (I think) Toyota Supra, modeled after my friend's.

Like some others I fondly remember the little red Nissan Pulsar as our first car in GT2. My roommate was the one with the PS2 and the big TV back then, so I suppose it was his car. I was there for motivation and a co-driver as we played through the career in our spare time.

On a related note, I actually saw a Pulsar in the US last year. It was red and brought back many memories of that little car we used to race back in GT 2.

I've always gone for the purplish blue 92' 3000GT as my first car, for GT1 and 2. At 221HP and 3673lb its pretty fast right off the showroom floor. Supposedly it has 4 wheel steering for better maneuverability , but I doubt this feature is modeled in-game.

I liked it due to the decent HP and AWD, but it needs a lot of weight reduction early on to be competitive, and after a while, I switched to a new GTR.

Back