Which was your first GT2 car?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 2' started by Kynigh, Oct 19, 2009.

?

What's the brand of your 1st GT2 car?

1. Nissan

25.1%
  2. Mazda

14.2%
  3. Subaru

2.0%
  4. Toyota

44.5%
  5. Other (write which one)

14.2%
  1. Kingofweasles

Kingofweasles

Wow, that Particular car must be pretty popular, because that SAME Red MA70 was MY first car too! Sadly, my skills weren't as good as they are now because even though i won my first race with it going away i ended up doing about 3 complete 360 spins!

When i started a GT2 file again last year I went with a Red Nissan Pulsar GTi-R.

2. SHAUN09

SHAUN09

i unlocked the event generator after u finish the licences. bought myself a Skyline and won a bit of money. then i went to the special events and went from there. too bad my memory card got corrupted

3. Venom-GT

Venom-GT

hehe...this brings tears to my eyes...so much memories with GT2

My first car in that game was the Toyota Supra twin turbo (black)

4. maniak300

maniak300

Nissan Skyline GTS25 Type S R32 was my first car two times. Why? Because he has under 197(200)hp and I could do around 50% of carrer with one car. Good car.

5. Alloutskitzo

Alloutskitzo

LOL my first car was the SPOON S2000... Reward car...

6. Falcon787B

Falcon787B

The Prelude appears to be a popular choice, as I had one too...a sort of dark bluey-green colour. Great handling car, I loved the way it seemed to drift even though it was FF...a brilliant handling car. Occasionally almost felt like it was a slot car, it was that good. I remember doing a race at Tahiti Road over and over and over and over again to save up enough money for the racing modifcation for it, it looked brilliant with the RM on it :D

7. maniak300

maniak300

Yes, and my was GT-One '99 for S-Licence (check out my YT). I think, in this topic we are talking about our first a BOUGHT car.

8. blazing escudo

blazing escudo

My first car ? AH! I remember!
    Nissan Silvia Q's 1800cc 1988 is my first car ever in GT2 (that makes... somewhere between 6-7 years already).
    The (not so) funny thing is during my played Gran Turismo career (GT, GT2, GT3:A-Spec, & GT4), in 3 of those game I have light green colored car as my starter car, and 2 of those are the same Silvia with same paintjob (in GT3 i use Storia X4 while in GT4 it's VW Lupo).

9. GT_Prologue5

GT_Prologue5

1988 Toyota MR-2 1600 G-Limited Supercharger. I love the MR handling and while low on power, it's high on fun.:sly:
    I also just bought GT2 today, but I have 1,3,4,5 Prologue.

10. nostuner03

nostuner03

So did I. Have you racing modified yours yet? I cant play my copy anymore its too old and scratched:indiff:

11. GT_Prologue5

GT_Prologue5

No, I did not get that far (I plan to) but I play on my PS3 and it lags slightly but it works perfect, nontheless. :)
    The car was blue by the way.
    And its first ever race was on the Sunday Cup Tahiti Road Course.
    And it's won 1 out of 5 races it's been in. :grumpy:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  12. iluvgt4

iluvgt4

Wait if you look at that picture close up, you'll notice it's on a PS1 emulator, which of such can't be discussed on GTPlanet. Anyway, my first car in GT2? A Nissan Pulsar GTI-R, which was bought after getting all the licenses (except Super). Managed to get some cash from the Sunday Cup to tune it up so it was competitive in the first Grand Touring Car Trophy race, whose prize car I used to do the other of the GTCT races, whose two prize cars I sold. Then I worked from there.

I used that Pulsar too. I recommend that as anyone's starting car, as tuning it (if you get the cash in the Sunday Cup) and using it in the Grand Touring Car Trophy properly can make you very rich very quickly. Completely stock, it handles well and is quick. It can take on a Corvette if you mod it to 350-some horses too. It rolls in corners quite a bit though.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  13. Joker-GTBR

Joker-GTBR

Same as me

14. VXR

VXR

R32 GTS4.

Like PB, I got beaten a few times on Tahiti by small city cars too! Rubber band, rubber band.

15. MGS2 Snake

MGS2 Snake

Mine was a batted, old, used black Mazda 323 sedan.
    Then is got racing modification and turned it into my
    favorite Rally car.
    Those were the good old days...:)

16. Master Weasel

Master Weasel Premium

My first car was the Toyota Celica GT-Four RC.

17. Street_Fighter

Street_Fighter

Not sure if it was GT1 or GT2, nor if it was my first car, but I remember having a yellow GD Impreza.

18. danielpaiva

danielpaiva

a nissan silvia q's 1800cc, or something. i go for the cheapest.

19. Kurumi

Kurumi Premium

I had a Honda Del Sol VGI, I'm pretty sure, I'll check in a while.

20. jeffgoddin

jeffgoddin Premium

Does the game have the same starting car choices for all versions? It's not random, is it? Because I don't remember having the '91 Pulsar as an option...

Went with the Mirage Cyborg '92 myself, though in retrospect it's no where near one of the best options. Though it got me pretty far along, it's handling and crappy power band keep it from performing as good as its numbers suggest.

21. thebigmacmoomin

thebigmacmoomin

I use this as my 1st car aswell.

22. Wiegert

Wiegert Premium

I bought the cheapest Nissan Silvia K's 2000cc available, about 8,000Cr. I can't remember the colour of it though and I no longer have the saved game with it on there.

I did buy it again on more recently, the handling's not to good but it's still a decent first car.

23. Vee.

Vee.

I used a Nissan Silvia similar to the one in the first post. :)

24. SS97

SS97

My first car in GT2 was a '92 Skyline I believe. But after I lost all my career data I started with a '92 (I think) Toyota Supra, modeled after my friend's.

25. CaliBoy1990

CaliBoy1990

It was almost always the red '93 Supra, without a doubt...........had about 240 hp and it only cost about 4,200 CP so it was a real steal, IMHO. :)

26. bigguy733

bigguy733

Red Mazda RX-7 Infini III '90, not only my first GT2 car but my first ever Gran Turismo car period!

27. Racer6c

Racer6c

Like some others I fondly remember the little red Nissan Pulsar as our first car in GT2. My roommate was the one with the PS2 and the big TV back then, so I suppose it was his car. I was there for motivation and a co-driver as we played through the career in our spare time.

On a related note, I actually saw a Pulsar in the US last year. It was red and brought back many memories of that little car we used to race back in GT 2.

28. fc3sdrift

fc3sdrift

red mazda rx-7 infini lll...

29. Uzzi

Uzzi

I've always gone for the purplish blue 92' 3000GT as my first car, for GT1 and 2. At 221HP and 3673lb its pretty fast right off the showroom floor. Supposedly it has 4 wheel steering for better maneuverability , but I doubt this feature is modeled in-game.

I liked it due to the decent HP and AWD, but it needs a lot of weight reduction early on to be competitive, and after a while, I switched to a new GTR.

30. Nicko

Nicko Premium

Can't remember exactly, been a while seen GT2, but I think it was a Toyota.