Votes: 36 41.9%
  • Thrustmaster T300RS-GT

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Thrustmaster T300RS

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Other - please list in comments

Votes: 17 19.8%

• Total voters
For my broken parts, I contacted the after-sales service Thrustmaster but they do not offer spare parts for the steering wheel but the purchase of a steering wheel for 110 Euros !! And that's also a real problem !! In short, if I had known I would not have bought it because every time I play, I wonder what will lose.

In terms of reliability I have had my t500 for 4-5 yrs and have 1000s of hrs wheel time on it. I also put an extensive amount of hours on my dfgt back in the day and beat the living crap outta that wheel. I passed it onto a friend years ago and it still works. Personally cant recommend one brand over the other, they have both treated me exceptionally well.

Fanatec.
Waiting on parts to arrive to make my CSR Elite PS4 friendly.
But as you said the CSL is currently out of budget.
I've had great reliability from Thrustmaster.
I play 2-4 hours daily, have been using the T150 for about a year now.
I'd guess a conservative number is over 800 hours on it and it barely gets warm.

XXI
Fanatec.
Waiting on parts to arrive to make my CSR Elite PS4 friendly.
But as you said the CSL is currently out of budget.
I've had great reliability from Thrustmaster.
I play 2-4 hours daily, have been using the T150 for about a year now.
I'd guess a conservative number is over 800 hours on it and it barely gets warm.

Not out of budget anymore. After some more research and reviews, I've come to the conclusion that the T300s are a joke and waste of money. IF you happen to be the lucky person that doesn't have a broken one, bravo, as I think you are in select company.

Regardless, I am now in the market for a complete rig (wheel, seat, pedals)... Though sheepishly I am considering the T-GT. I cringe at buying a v.1 of anything, and especially with Thrust masters questionable at best customer service... But... It was made specifically for GT Sport, so I'd have to believe it will work as intended. I'd consider the Fanatec if it didn't have it's own set of compatibility issues at the moment.

IMG_0008.jpg When I see that some have no problem with their Thrusmaster steering wheel, I wonder why my T300RS breaks anywhere? I have always taken care of it and I will prefer not having anything to say about it believe me.
The photo is my first break. This picture shows the bottom of the brake pedal that broke!

Last edited:
Not out of budget anymore. After some more research and reviews, I've come to the conclusion that the T300s are a joke and waste of money. IF you happen to be the lucky person that doesn't have a broken one, bravo, as I think you are in select company.

Regardless, I am now in the market for a complete rig (wheel, seat, pedals)... Though sheepishly I am considering the T-GT. I cringe at buying a v.1 of anything, and especially with Thrust masters questionable at best customer service... But... It was made specifically for GT Sport, so I'd have to believe it will work as intended. I'd consider the Fanatec if it didn't have it's own set of compatibility issues at the moment.

It's not Fanatec that's the issue, it's on Sony's end.
I don't know if the T300 is a joke or a waste of money, I don't own one.
I do know short of going direct drive Fanatec makes the best wheels money can buy.
I also saw Thom released a statement about PS4 support saying it wouldn't be long before the CSL is there.
CSL or TGT you're all in around $1000, if it were me well it doesn't matter.

I see that the T300RS GT edition is $299 right now on Amazon.

Still, mightily worried about durability and reliability--there are a TON of 1 star reviews.

XXI
It's not Fanatec that's the issue, it's on Sony's end.
I don't know if the T300 is a joke or a waste of money, I don't own one.
I do know short of going direct drive Fanatec makes the best wheels money can buy.
I also saw Thom released a statement about PS4 support saying it wouldn't be long before the CSL is there.
CSL or TGT you're all in around $1000, if it were me well it doesn't matter.

I'm after your opinion though, ha. I can't speak from personal opinion on the T300, but I can read and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they have more problems than should be expected.

That being said, Fanatec CSL Elite may very well be the route I go, just need to find a compatible seat. I must admit, I am not overly familiar with their offerings for configurations - anything I should look out for? Or for that matter, avoid?

I see that the T300RS GT edition is $299 right now on Amazon.

Still, mightily worried about durability and reliability--there are a TON of 1 star reviews.

Exactly. That many people don't lie. And the ones that do manage to keep it working have to adjust their FFB settings way down and a host of other issues - something just isn't right. If I'm going to spend 300 bucks on junk I might as well spend 600-1000 and get something reliable that I can enjoy for many years.

Exactly. That many people don't lie. And the ones that do manage to keep it working have to adjust their FFB settings way down and a host of other issues - something just isn't right. If I'm going to spend 300 bucks on junk I might as well spend 600-1000 and get something reliable that I can enjoy for many years.

Agreed. I did read about the folks who reduce the FFB--I guess so it doesn't wear out any of the mechanical bits in there? Kind of absurd that a $300-$400 product can't reliably use "default" settings, no?

That being said, Fanatec CSL Elite may very well be the route I go, just need to find a compatible seat. I must admit, I am not overly familiar with their offerings for configurations - anything I should look out for? Or for that matter, avoid?

Wise decision :). If you get it, you won't regret it. I had a G27 before and used it with the CronusMax thing to make it work on the PS4. If I compare the G27 (the G29 is hardware wise not much different) with the CSL ERW it's like comparing a Opel Corsa with a BMW M3.

Regarding the seat - I just got recently for the CSL ERW a RSeat RS1 but I guess that will be as well out of your budget. It's quite expensive but it has 0 flex and the quality is awesome too. I normally don't buy mid-range products and save up to have funds for higher quality products that I will enjoy longer.

At first, I wanted to get the T-GT just because I knew it would work the best with GT Sport. But I also wanted to be able to play Project Cars 2, Forza Motorsport 7 and Assetto Corsa with a wheel. I own an Xbox One, PS4 and a PC. The logical choice was the Fanatec CSL Elite even though I wasn’t sure how it was going to work with GT Sport. So, I picked up the CSL Elite with the LC pedals. Then I was hit with the disappointment of it not being compatible with GT Sport. Thankfully, I was able to order a Cronusmax Wheelhub to be able to use the wheel until native compatibility hopefully gets patched in. I truly feel the Fanatec wheel is a more robust and quality product than the Thrustmaster. Especially when you can get it with the better pedals for cheaper than the T-GT. I also like the Fanatec accessories. Being able to have a handbrake is awesome and something not available with Thrustmaster. I still might pick up a T-GT down the road if it ends up reviewing really well and seems reliable, but for now I don’t regret my choice of going with that Fanatec CSL Elite and would highly recommend it.

I'm after your opinion though, ha. I can't speak from personal opinion on the T300, but I can read and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they have more problems than should be expected.

There's nothing to avoid with Fanatec. All the peripherals within their ecosystem work together.
Even the clubsport handbrake and shifter.
We know what the wheel is about, the big question is the pedals. Do you want a clutch and loadcell?

I have the t300rs with alcantra 599 wheel rim and t3pa pro pedals. Feels good, but it's not my csw v2 and v3 pedals i use on pc and xbox.

Im also in the market for an upgrade. The CSL Elite seems like the best deal, but the TGT is not far as second choice. Very curious about the dfb feature, if it's worth the €200 markup of the TGT. If it's only a gimmick I'll definitely go for the CSL!

I don't buy into that depth feedback necessarily inhancing your ability to feel oversteer and such.

Hardware can only compensate so much in areas where the software is failing.

Im also in the market for an upgrade. The CSL Elite seems like the best deal, but the TGT is not far as second choice. Very curious about the dfb feature, if it's worth the €200 markup of the TGT. If it's only a gimmick I'll definitely go for the CSL!
To me, it's a gimmick to increase the price, nothing more. The CSL Elite is a far better choice for quality and pedals alone.

XXI
There's nothing to avoid with Fanatec. All the peripherals within their ecosystem work together.
Even the clubsport handbrake and shifter.
We know what the wheel is about, the big question is the pedals. Do you want a clutch and loadcell?

Well, I guess that depends on the dollar tradeoff, but ideally, yes.

After further thought I'm pretty sold on the Fanatec, in fact, I AM going that route - just need, as you stated, pedals and a seat.

To me, it's a gimmick to increase the price, nothing more. The CSL Elite is a far better choice for quality and pedals alone.

I couldn't agree more, hence why I'm going the Fanatec route. If anyone wants to suggest a decent chair/wheelstand, feel free to chime in!

I couldn't agree more, hence why I'm going the Fanatec route. If anyone wants to suggest a decent chair/wheelstand, feel free to chime in!
If the formula rim black wasn't in stock here in Europe (29-12-2017) I already would have ordered. Now I'm patiently waiting reviews and comparisons of the 2 wheels.and then make a informed choice. For me it's loadcell vs DFB-T.

Well, I guess that depends on the dollar tradeoff, but ideally, yes.

After further thought I'm pretty sold on the Fanatec, in fact, I AM going that route - just need, as you stated, pedals and a seat.

Great!
Glad to hear you'll be a happy client guaranteed.
Yes, the pedals are the big decision. The entry level two pedal set is $90, up to the Clubsport V3 around $480.

If the formula rim black wasn't in stock here in Europe (29-12-2017) I already would have ordered. Now I'm patiently waiting reviews and comparisons of the 2 wheels.and then make a informed choice. For me it's loadcell vs DFB-T.

I'm guessing the load cell will still outperform, but time will tell I guess.

As far as the wheels, wow...400 bucks just for a new wheel? Whew. That racing cockpit they are releasing looks MIGHTY tempting though...

XXI
Great!
Glad to hear you'll be a happy client guaranteed.
Yes, the pedals are the big decision. The entry level two pedal set is $90, up to the Clubsport V3 around $480.

Stupid question, but can I get the upgraded pedals and drive it as if it were a two pedal setup? (No shifter).

Or is the stock two pedal setup worth starting with? Having never owned a wheel, I don't want to get a bunch of bells and whistles I don't need, assuming I can always upgrade later. I do, however, love the idea of a load cell. Maybe I better email them lol.

Stupid question, but can I get the upgraded pedals and drive it as if it were a two pedal setup? (No shifter).

Or is the stock two pedal setup worth starting with? Having never owned a wheel, I don't want to get a bunch of bells and whistles I don't need, assuming I can always upgrade later. I do, however, love the idea of a load cell. Maybe I better email them lol.

Not stupid, and yes you can drive with only the brake and gas using the paddle shifters.
Should you decide to add a shifter in the future the clutch pedal would already be there.
Or, you could go $90 entry level two pedal setup, then later add the load cell kit which will move your current brake pedal to the clutch position.

XXI
Not stupid, and yes you can drive with only the brake and gas using the paddle shifters.
Should you decide to add a shifter in the future the clutch pedal would already be there.
Or, you could go $90 entry level two pedal setup, then later add the load cell kit which will move your current brake pedal to the clutch position.

I just knew this little adventure would cost me a lot of money, lol.

So... Sounds like I'm in for 7-800 bucks between the wheel and a load cell pedals?

So... Sounds like I'm in for 7-800 bucks between the wheel and a load cell pedals?
If it's too expensive to be comfortable with. I recommend going g29/t300rs instead. But if your fully committed and have the budget, let us know if your happy with your purchase. CSL elite with LC brake is 659 btw.

Currently have the pedal starter kit on sale for $60.
The wheel is $479.
If you started no load cell, you're all in $600 including shipping.
Load cell adds about $100.

It's a worthy investment.

None. Use your controller, games not worth a new wheel yet..
though i might need a new wheel soon the way this game heats it up

Back