Votes: 36 41.9%
  • Thrustmaster T300RS-GT

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Thrustmaster T300RS

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Other - please list in comments

Votes: 17 19.8%

• Total voters
T300, though I am not sure about the reliability.
My T300rs has been rock solid for over a year now. I used it on GT6, Driveclub, PCARS 1, Assetto Corsa, and now finally GT Sport. Not one issue.

That does not mean it won't break today but that is true with anything man made. That's why I always have new wheel money set aside. And you can just buy the base from them if needed and use your wheel and pedals. Save a little coin.

My T300rs has been rock solid for over a year now. I used it on GT6, Driveclub, PCARS 1, Assetto Corsa, and now finally GT Sport. Not one issue.

That does not mean it won't break today but that is true with anything man made. That's why I always have new wheel money set aside. And you can just buy the base from them if needed and use your wheel and pedals. Save a little coin.
Thats why I'm probably gonna keep my g29 if/when I upgrade, instead of selling. New tech is prone to failure. The internals of the Logitech wheels have proven themselves over more then a decade.

UPDATE From
Thomas Jackermeier on the Fanatec page.

GT Sport has been released and it works great with the Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel. Due to time constraints, Polyphony was not yet able to fully implement our wheel in the controller options menu but you can enjoy full force feedback and support for the rev lights and the ClubSport Shifter if you install the latest firmware 293 on your wheel.
This firmware has a revised compatibility mode which now adds compatibility to:
  • GT Sports
  • F1 2016
  • WRC6
  • DriveClub

Polyphony assured us that they will fully implement our wheel and that they are working on it. In the meantime you can already enjoy the game with the compatibility mode.

Please let us know your preferred Tuning settings for the new games.
I updated to 293 last night and My PS4 Pro wont recognise the CSL if I put it in purple mode.

Thats why I'm probably gonna keep my g29 if/when I upgrade, instead of selling. New tech is prone to failure. The internals of the Logitech wheels have proven themselves over more then a decade.
I was leaning towards the G29 in the beginning but read a lot of horror stories about a wiring harness that would break off at the connector. Connector wa not available to purchase anywhere. Logitech was providing no support to those people. Some guy found a supplier in China that had the connector and was importing them and selling the to the G29 owners for $20.00. Plus it was just noisy. I took a chance on the T300 and said a few prayers. Plus its the wheel I saw in every GT Sport demo at game shows and stuff so I knew it would at least work with it. So far so good. Thing could blow up today though. G29 is a good wheel too. My old DFGT was solid for 4 years of heavy play.

My T300 broke down within the first two months of purchase, but the replaced one is still working. Although, I'm still kinda worried.

The longer this thread continues, the more it becomes apparent how problematic this particular game is for ALL of the wheels. It's a bit frustrating as my thumb is getting sore from holding down X, lol, but I cannot find myself to purchase any of them. Fanatec still has no permanent solution (only a minor workaround), the T300 is completely unreliable, and quite remarkably the G29 may be the best bet.

What's also remarkable is the poll above has the G29 at over 40%, which I have a hunch may be also a direct result of price points. All in all, there is no clear winner however, only the lesser of three evils. Quite a shame.

The longer this thread continues, the more it becomes apparent how problematic this particular game is for ALL of the wheels. It's a bit frustrating as my thumb is getting sore from holding down X, lol, but I cannot find myself to purchase any of them. Fanatec still has no permanent solution (only a minor workaround), the T300 is completely unreliable, and quite remarkably the G29 may be the best bet.

What's also remarkable is the poll above has the G29 at over 40%, which I have a hunch may be also a direct result of price points. All in all, there is no clear winner however, only the lesser of three evils. Quite a shame.
Be happy your not talking about PC gaming which gives you a LOT more (expensive) options!!! Like direct drive and close to real high end pedals etc...

I'll try to summarize the thread:

Complete package (PS4) including 3 pedalset
Low-midrange
$ 250-$ 300 G29
Midrange
$ 300-$ 400 T300GT or alcantara edition
Highend
$ 600+ CSL elite starter pack with Loadcell brake

Considering your budget was about 200-30...just get the t300gt pack if you can get a good deal in your budget. Larger rim and decent pedals and it was made for GT sport. I think most will agree here.

Best bang for your buck if your really into GT sport! If your scared of reliability buy at a store with good guarantee (2 years min.) but honestly it's a best selling wheel so don't worry about breaking down because of all the horror stories..
You can upgrade within the thrustmaster ecosystem. Rims, shifter. The only upgrade you might consider is the TGT but you can buy two and a half t300's for the same price. So wouldn't recommend it unless you got money to burn.

But if you want to spend twice that ($600+)you should enter fanatec ecosystem... the rims, handbrake, shifter, pedals are far superior to anything else for PS4! The most high end possible on PS4. But will set you back $1000+ eventually.
The CEO of fanatic already confirmed compatibility right now.. and 100% compatibity down the road!

But... if your only a casual gamer go for G29. It's within your budget and works great! It's smaller leatherwrapped rim (28 cm)with loads of buttons and good functionality with GT with red dial, so you can alter settings on the fly.
Apart from shifter, no ecosystem... but you get reliability, compatibility and plug and playability... but only buy this if you don't want to spend more then $250 or want to upgrade later.

Last edited:
OK guys here's the deal...

I hate to *that* guy, but have to be blunt. If you want the best out of this game, you really really REALLY need to save up or do whatever it takes to get yourself a Direct Drive wheel! There are a few people I know who are using a DD wheel and all of them will tell you that this game is SUBLIME with one! Some are using an OSW while others are using an Accuforce. I'm personally using a Leo Bodnar.

After playing GT Sport at a friends house on his Thrustmaster T300, I can tell you from personal experience that ANY issues or complaints you may have with the force feedback in GT Sport, whether it be not enough strength or not enough detail from the car or the road, all boils down to your wheel. Thrustmaster, Fanatec, and Logitech....all of these wheels are good wheels but once you play GT Sport with a DD wheel it is like night and day! The amount of torque and detail is on a whole 'nother level and it's not even close!

Please guys, trust me when I tell you that it is worth doing WHATEVER it takes to get a direct drive wheel. Even if it takes a year of saving up or selling your real car, so be it. Once you experience playing GT Sport with a DD wheel you will never go back to the likes of Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatec, etc. That I can promise you!

Please guys, trust me when I tell you that it is worth doing WHATEVER it takes to get a direct drive wheel. Even if it takes a year of saving up or selling your real car, so be it. Once you experience playing GT Sport with a DD wheel you will never go back to the likes of Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatec, etc. That I can promise you!

I have an OSW on my PC sim rig. How are you connecting it to the PS4?

If this poll was up two years ago then T300rs would the one to go for. Since my T300rs is giving up now (after 2.5 hrs) and Fanatec is in the playground then would go for Fanatec. This is simply because it is supported across the board (PC, ps4 & Xbox via another hub/hub). If Fanatec price is too high for some then T300rs with no doubt but it is not the best quality even when compared with the cheapest product (CSL). Logitech era was back on ps3 but if you are a casual racer with very little budget then G29 is the only choice left but an upgrade will be due sooner or later if taking that logitech road.

Latest Posts

Back