• Thrustmaster T300RS-GT

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Thrustmaster T300RS

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Other - please list in comments

Votes: 17 19.8%

• Total voters
XXI
Currently have the pedal starter kit on sale for $60.
The wheel is $479.
If you started no load cell, you're all in $600 including shipping.
Load cell adds about $100.

It's a worthy investment.
The PS4 starterpack is 520€ including 2 pedalset.

If it's too expensive to be comfortable with. I recommend going g29/t300rs instead. But if your fully committed and have the budget, let us know if your happy with your purchase. CSL elite with LC brake is 659 btw.

Price isn't as much of a concern as quality and reliability. I only initially set a budget, because well, it was a place to start.

Now... So I think I'll go the CSL Elite with the load cell pedals. Now I need something to sit on...

(Deep inside, I'm laughing because after all of this I'll probably still be last in the pack getting lapped in a 5-lap race, haha!)

Price isn't as much of a concern as quality and reliability. I only initially set a budget, because well, it was a place to start.

Now... So I think I'll go the CSL Elite with the load cell pedals. Now I need something to sit on...

(Deep inside, I'm laughing because after all of this I'll probably still be last in the pack getting lapped in a 5-lap race, haha!)

As long as you're enjoying the drive who cares, the speed will come you'll find your sisu.

The PS4 starterpack is 520€ including 2 pedalset.

Ah, I'm US pricing...
Where are you Rocky?

Edit.. If you don't want to disclose info publicy, PM me I might have an extra rig for you to sit on depending location.
I'm in TN.

XXI
Ah, I'm US pricing...
Where are you Rocky?

Edit.. If you don't want to disclose info publicy, PM me I might have an extra rig for you to sit on depending location.
I'm in TN.
$ 500 in the us for starter pack. With LC $ 630 that's a good deal.

XXI
Ah, I'm US pricing...
Where are you Rocky?

I'm in TN.
West or East TN I'm in Bristol, VA I have homemade rig already just wondering where your located.
From the Crazy opelft1969 guy!

I had a Logitech for 4 years and I never had a problem but the driving is much worse than with a T300 but the T300 breaks everywhere and that, by buying it I did not know it. So now that it is no longer guaranteed, I repair it until I can no longer do it .
My T300 soldiers on, no issues

Guess your not getting GT Sport yet?

But you'll have fun while getting lapped! :lol:

Just trying to learn more about the products available I just spent some time on the Fanatec web site looking at the different options. It seems that Fanatec is without doubt the "go to" for the best options for a PC.

But spending some time reading the user forums it seems that they are fairly new in this console arena and perhaps experiencing some growing pains and for the dollars spent their are some new owners that are not pleased.
Some are questioning the wheels and its systems, Some are blaming Sony and the game makers. It has been stated that the wheel does operate and all buttons work on the PS 4.

So I guess that would meet the criteria for being compatible with the PS4 system. I guess the next big question is a game maker like Polyphony obligated to optimize the operation of a 3rd party peripheral for a company even though they have a licensing agreement to promote and support a direct competitor to that company?

I have never owned their products and I will admit they look really nice and offer some nice options but that also comes at a price.

I do know I quit playing PC games and went back to consoles as I got weary of constantly running into compatibility issues concerning hardware or the operating system and the games crashing or blue screening at random, went back to consoles to eliminate those hassles. Even though consoles do not give you the options that a PC does just having the hassle free plug-n-play the console offers was my main reason for preferring to game on a console. I personally would not purchase a product that full compatible plug-n-play might be an issue, that is reason for playing on the console, compatibility with the system, games and controller.

As earlier stated if I were to be in the market to purchase any wheel to play GT Sport I would go spend some time researching all options and their pros and cons. I would also be very careful in making a purchase based on anything but facts as to whether the product would be indeed optimized for the game I was interested in playing supported the product I was about to spend a minimum of several hundred dollars on.

I am not recommending or trying to influence any one in their final choice but I know for many this is a substantial purchase and it would be pretty upsetting to find that what you spent your dollars on did not deliver the performance that you thought you were buying. Just search all your options and make your purchase from facts that can be verified not a "should be" down the road unless prior to purchase you are guaranteed to be able to return the product for a full refund if such should be"n never become reality.

Last edited:
According to the CEO it will be at release. You can get a drive hub if it doesn't.
According to the CEO it will be at release. You can get a drive hub if it doesn't.
Well good luck with the selection. All are subject to some sort of failer. Thats why they all have tech support and a repair shop. I went with the T300 since that is what I saw in every GT video. I knew for a fact it would work. Im happy with it.

Fanatec had been in the game a long time.. also in the console market primarily for the Xbox. I'm sharing my opinion because I'm doing a lot researching since I am in the market for an upgrade. Most users have experience with different brands and is very helpful what there experience. The facts can be found on the manufacturers websites, but user experience is what this topic is about.

I have had a DFGT and know a g29. You have any questions? Fee free to ask.

Well good luck with the selection. All are subject to some sort of failer. Thats why they all have tech support and a repair shop. I went with the T300 since that is what I saw in every GT video. I knew for a fact it would work. Im happy with it.

Thank you for the input, and duly noted. However, what they 'show' and what actually works are two very different things. Browse down a few threads, there is quite a lengthy discussion brewing about the T300s and their compatibility issues. Beyond that, a quick Google search will yield a plethora of consumer complaints about wheels failing after 6 months, 1 year, 2 years. I'm also not saying you're wrong, I'm just stating that for me personally I'd rather purchase a product that has compatibility issues that can be fixed - a dead T300 cannot.

Just trying to learn more about the products available I just spent some time on the Fanatec web site looking at the different options. It seems that Fanatec is without doubt the "go to" for the best options for a PC.

But spending some time reading the user forums it seems that they are fairly new in this console arena and perhaps experiencing some growing pains and for the dollars spent their are some new owners that are not pleased.
Some are questioning the wheels and its systems, Some are blaming Sony and the game makers. It has been stated that the wheel does operate and all buttons work on the PS 4.

So I guess that would meet the criteria for being compatible with the PS4 system. I guess the next big question is a game maker like Polyphony obligated to optimize the operation of a 3rd party peripheral for a company even though they have a licensing agreement to promote and support a direct competitor to that company?

I have never owned their products and I will admit they look really nice and offer some nice options but that also comes at a price.

I do know I quit playing PC games and went back to consoles as I got weary of constantly running into compatibility issues concerning hardware or the operating system and the games crashing or blue screening at random, went back to consoles to eliminate those hassles. Even though consoles do not give you the options that a PC does just having the hassle free plug-n-play the console offers was my main reason for preferring to game on a console. I personally would not purchase a product that full compatible plug-n-play might be an issue, that is reason for playing on the console, compatibility with the system, games and controller.

As earlier stated if I were to be in the market to purchase any wheel to play GT Sport I would go spend some time researching all options and their pros and cons. I would also be very careful in making a purchase based on anything but facts as to whether the product would be indeed optimized for the game I was interested in playing supported the product I was about to spend a minimum of several hundred dollars on.

I am not recommending or trying to influence any one in their final choice but I know for many this is a substantial purchase and it would be pretty upsetting to find that what you spent your dollars on did not deliver the performance that you thought you were buying. Just search all your options and make your purchase from facts that can be verified not a "should be" down the road unless prior to purchase you are guaranteed to be able to return the product for a full refund if such should be"n never become reality.

This is an excellent summary of what to do when buying anything - I couldn't agree more, and thank you for your input.

Guess your not getting GT Sport yet?

I'm guessing you are referring to the current compatibility issues between Fanatec and GT Sport?

If so, I'm fully confident that this will be quickly resolved. While Fanatec owners may not be the overwhelming majority of players, Kaz certainly doesn't want to alienate potential players by not creating a working compatibility - I'm fully confident this will be remedied.

Thank you for the input, and duly noted. However, what they 'show' and what actually works are two very different things. Browse down a few threads, there is quite a lengthy discussion brewing about the T300s and their compatibility issues. Beyond that, a quick Google search will yield a plethora of consumer complaints about wheels failing after 6 months, 1 year, 2 years. I'm also not saying you're wrong, I'm just stating that for me personally I'd rather purchase a product that has compatibility issues that can be fixed - a dead T300 cannot.
Yes, I did a lot of reading about thr T300 and the G29, both haf a lot of failures. I have been racing on GT since 2011. Have been in lobbies when someone's wheel failed. Almost all the time they had the FFB on max. Not a good idea. I ran my DFGT on 2 or 3 and that thing worked for years and still does. It's a crap shoot with whatever choice you make. Its in the back of my mind everytime I race. I always keep some new wheel money handy.

The following is the post directly off of the Fanatic web site. The way I read it they are aiming or hoping to get it rectified by launch but this announcement in my reading is not guaranteeing anything. The big question I have is Polyphony legally obligated and has to optimize the wheel or is Fanatic and its customers at the mercy of whether the game maker will want to include the product in their supported list?
I do not think anyone has the legal answer for that right now.

Announcement:

"Some of you might have tried the demo version of GT Sport which is online as of today.
Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to select the CSL Elite Racing Wheel in the GT Sport controller options menu. Therefore players can’t enjoy some of the wheels advanced features in the game, such as Force Feedback.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and are working hard with our engineers and partners with the aim of rectifying this for the games launch. We will continue to update you and appreciate your patience. "

T300 has always worked with GT6 and the GTS demos

The following is the post directly off of the Fanatic web site. The way I read it they are aiming or hoping to get it rectified by launch but this announcement in my reading is not guaranteeing anything. The big question I have is Polyphony legally obligated and has to optimize the wheel or is Fanatic and its customers at the mercy of whether the game maker will want to include the product in their supported list?
I do not think anyone has the legal answer for that right now.

Announcement:

"Some of you might have tried the demo version of GT Sport which is online as of today.
Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to select the CSL Elite Racing Wheel in the GT Sport controller options menu. Therefore players can’t enjoy some of the wheels advanced features in the game, such as Force Feedback.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and are working hard with our engineers and partners with the aim of rectifying this for the games launch. We will continue to update you and appreciate your patience. "
Does not sound promising

I'm guessing you are referring to the current compatibility issues between Fanatec and GT Sport?

If so, I'm fully confident that this will be quickly resolved. While Fanatec owners may not be the overwhelming majority of players, Kaz certainly doesn't want to alienate potential players by not creating a working compatibility - I'm fully confident this will be remedied.
Dont forget they alienated all PS3 wheel users once the PS4 came out. If you want a wheel early on then buy a Logitech or Thrustmaster

Last edited by a moderator:

I've had never any problems with fanatec. I've owned Fanatec GT2 Wheel 360/Ps3, Fanatec CSR Wheel 360/Ps3, Fanatec Clubsport Base V2 now Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 All great and solid wheels on consoles. As for Gt Sport Thomas the owner said its top priority with fanatec and Sony and it should working in Gt Sport on release. Yes there was a problem between Fanatec and sony until Fanatec payed to have their brand Licensed. It will work as Its a official supported Ps4 wheel. It might take a patch or two but hopefully day one. https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discu...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

I wouldn't buy Fanatec unless you're playing something besides GTS, at least until the compatibility issue is resolved.

I'm waiting for Black Friday week to see if any of the T300 bundles drop in price. The GT version is $300 right now but I'm hoping for $250 or less. I remember last year the entire Thrustmaster lineup was on sale around Nov-Dec. T3PA Pro pedals were under $100 IIRC...

From another post on this forum:

Thomas Jackermeier
7:22AM Flag
Hey guys, I am really sorry to let you guys a little bit in the dark for now. Rest assure that this topic has high priority at Sony and we in direct contact with Kazunori Yamauchi to get a clear picture. We will make a full statement before the launch of the game.

Thomas Jackermeier
9:09AM Flag
There is no need to update the page as our wheel will be fully compatible with GT SportsNo reason to panic.

I've had never any problems with fanatec. I've owned Fanatec GT2 Wheel 360/Ps3, Fanatec CSR Wheel 360/Ps3, Fanatec Clubsport Base V2 now Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 All great and solid wheels on consoles. As for Gt Sport Thomas the owner said its top priority with fanatec and Sony and it should working in Gt Sport on release. Yes there was a problem between Fanatec and sony until Fanatec payed to have their brand Licensed. It will work as Its a official supported Ps4 wheel. It might take a patch or two but hopefully day one. https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discu...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

It has been stated that the wheel does operate and all buttons work on the PS 4.

So I guess that would meet the criteria for being officially compatible with the PS4 system. I guess the next big question is a game maker like Polyphony obligated to optimize the operation of a 3rd party peripheral for a company even though they have a licensing agreement to promote and support a direct competitor to that company?

I posted that announcement a few post ago and it says, "and are working hard with our engineers and partners with the aim of rectifying this for the games launch."
"We will continue to update you and appreciate your patience. "

They are working with THEIR engineers and partners. Who do their partners consist of ? If their engineers are involved this seems like it may be a problem on Fanatec's end rather than Sony's but again nobody knows for sure?

This still does not give an answer to the above question of whether Polyphonic has any legal obligation to optimize another manufacturers wheel. It may even go against the existing legal agreement they have in place with a competitor of Fanatec. Again we are not knowledgeable to what legal contracts do or do not come into play.

They may have it fixed on launch or it may never be optimized. If you are buying the wheel for this game on PS4 would you be willing to risk that something that cost much less would work correctly with this game while you gambled and lost?

I would at least wait until the problem is well sorted before I spent my money.

Last edited:
It has been stated that the wheel does operate and all buttons work on the PS 4.

So I guess that would meet the criteria for being officially compatible with the PS4 system. I guess the next big question is a game maker like Polyphony obligated to optimize the operation of a 3rd party peripheral for a company even though they have a licensing agreement to promote and support a direct competitor to that company?

I posted that announcement a few post ago and it says, "and are working hard with our engineers and partners with the aim of rectifying this for the games launch."
"We will continue to update you and appreciate your patience. "

They are working with THEIR engineers and partners. Who do their partners consist of ? If their engineers are involved this seems like it may be a problem on Fanatec's end rather than Sony's but again nobody knows for sure?

This still does not give an answer to the above question of whether Polyphonic has any legal obligation to optimize another manufacturers wheel. It may even go against the existing legal agreement they have in place with a competitor of Fanatec. Again we are not knowledgeable to what legal contracts do or do not come into play.

They may have it fixed on launch or it may never be optimized. If you are buying the wheel for this game on PS4 would you be willing to risk that something that cost much less would work correctly with this game while you gambled and lost?

I would at least wait until the problem is well sorted before I spent my money.

You are really overthinking this, lol. It's got nothing to do with legal 'obligation'; it boils down to money, plain and simple.

And to comment on your second point about 'willing to risk that something that cost much less would work correctly...' - clearly you haven't read the other threads in this forum. Users are having to set their T300s FFBs to 1 or completely off to even be mildly playable. Does that sound like 'working' to you?

Back