Votes: 36 41.9%
  • Thrustmaster T300RS-GT

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Thrustmaster T300RS

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Other - please list in comments

Votes: 17 19.8%

• Total voters
West or East TN I'm in Bristol, VA I have homemade rig already just wondering where your located.
From the Crazy opelft1969 guy!

Hey man!
Lookout Mountain TN

Not supported by GT Sport

DriveHub corrects that.

But spending some time reading the user forums it seems that they are fairly new in this console arena

Endor (Fanatec)has been around since 1997, first prototype for console was the speedster 2 in 2000 for PlayStation.
20 years developing.

If their engineers are involved this seems like it may be a problem on Fanatec's end rather than Sony's

It's not Jackermeiers fault. Endor went to great lengths to optimize PS3 wheels, Sony pulled out of the licensing.

From Thomas...

1. Sony clearly said that PS3 steering wheels will only have limited Support on the PS4. This was posted on their Website and accessible to every PS4 owner.

2. We never made any promises that your wheels will be future proof and 100% compatible with any upcoming PS4 game. In fact DriveClub was the first racing game on PS4 and it was never compatible. All owners of a CSW V2 could have known that and we clearly made big warnings on our product page that compatibility depends on the support of the game developer. We were never hiding anything and we did not try to mislead anybody. Please do not blame us if you did not read or believe in the big warnings in the the product description.

3. No other manufactuerer even bothered to make unlicensed PS3 wheels compatible to PS4. Fanatec at least made several games compatible to several of our wheels. Wheels which we are not even selling anymore so there was no commercial sense for us. We even made old Xbox 360 wheels compatible to PS3 and PS4. We did it for YOU.

4. Official PS4 wheels require a security chip. The onlyway to get such a chip is to make an agreement with Sony.

5. Making an agreement with Sony is not a matter of money or effort or is anything we can influence. We can make proposals and they can accept it or not. They are not obliged to give us a license and there is no right for us to get one. If you think that it is simply a matter of money then ask yourself why we have no problem to pay royalties to Porsche, BMW or Microsoft but would not do so to the platform holder which gives us access to 65% of the wheel market. We are not stupid . And by the way, Sony is not asking for crazy royalties. It is the normal rate that anybody has to pay if he gets selected.

Since that was put out, the license for Sony has been secured. It's a matter of the game developers now to add the CSL.

You are really overthinking this, lol. It's got nothing to do with legal 'obligation'; it boils down to money, plain and simple.

And to comment on your second point about 'willing to risk that something that cost much less would work correctly...' - clearly you haven't read the other threads in this forum. Users are having to set their T300s FFBs to 1 or completely off to even be mildly playable. Does that sound like 'working' to you?

I have the G29 and bought it about a year ago, It has worked flawlessly on the PS 4 in Project Cars, Dirt Rally, Drive Cub and the GT Sport Demo. This is the only wheel I have owned for the PS 4. I have owned other brands over the years for PS1, PS2, PS3 and the PC.

Actually have owned the Logitech Driving Force GT for many years for the PS3 and it still works as well today as when I first bought it. That experience was what prompted me to go the route of the G29. Both logitech wheels have been 100% plug-n-play, operated correctly and held up well showing a good reliability.

I cannot speak for other brands except what I can find in user forums by people that own them. I hope whatever you choose does serve you well!

XXI
Hey man!
Lookout Mountain TN

DriveHub corrects that.

Endor (Fanatec)has been around since 1997, first prototype for console was the speedster 2 in 2000 for PlayStation.
20 years developing.

It's not Jackermeiers fault. Endor went to great lengths to optimize PS3 wheels, Sony pulled out of the licensing.

From Thomas...

1. Sony clearly said that PS3 steering wheels will only have limited Support on the PS4. This was posted on their Website and accessible to every PS4 owner.

2. We never made any promises that your wheels will be future proof and 100% compatible with any upcoming PS4 game. In fact DriveClub was the first racing game on PS4 and it was never compatible. All owners of a CSW V2 could have known that and we clearly made big warnings on our product page that compatibility depends on the support of the game developer. We were never hiding anything and we did not try to mislead anybody. Please do not blame us if you did not read or believe in the big warnings in the the product description.

3. No other manufactuerer even bothered to make unlicensed PS3 wheels compatible to PS4. Fanatec at least made several games compatible to several of our wheels. Wheels which we are not even selling anymore so there was no commercial sense for us. We even made old Xbox 360 wheels compatible to PS3 and PS4. We did it for YOU.

4. Official PS4 wheels require a security chip. The onlyway to get such a chip is to make an agreement with Sony.

5. Making an agreement with Sony is not a matter of money or effort or is anything we can influence. We can make proposals and they can accept it or not. They are not obliged to give us a license and there is no right for us to get one. If you think that it is simply a matter of money then ask yourself why we have no problem to pay royalties to Porsche, BMW or Microsoft but would not do so to the platform holder which gives us access to 65% of the wheel market. We are not stupid . And by the way, Sony is not asking for crazy royalties. It is the normal rate that anybody has to pay if he gets selected.

Since that was put out, the license for Sony has been secured. It's a matter of the game developers now to add the CSL.
Why buy a wheel that is not supported and then buy some other device to make it work? Seems a bit silly really.

Why buy a wheel that is not supported and then buy some other device to make it work? Seems a bit silly really.

Because Fanatec puts out better products than Thrustmaster.

$600 for the CSL, $80 for drivehub gets him into a better setup and saves him $200 over the TGT.

XXI

$600 for the CSL, $80 for drivehub gets him into a better setup and saves him $200 over the TGT.
Also has the advantage of working on any console after with the DriveHub, even if the game doesn't support it. :P

XXI

Ironically enough - not a single wheel appears to be working consistently well across the board. No support for Fanatec, the T300s are burning up left and right and/or need turned way down, the G29s are probably actually faring the best, albeit before the actual game release.

Also, the Drivehub makes the Fanatec act like a Logitech device - so I'm not really gaining anything there either.

In a nutshell, I'm still sold on the CSL Elite, but I have held off on purchasing it until I can get some more feedback from actual owners once the game releases.

Looks like it's the old controller and last place for me for a few days! But, on a lighter note, I am getting the GT Omega ART!

Ironically enough - not a single wheel appears to be working consistently well across the board. No support for Fanatec, the T300s are burning up left and right and/or need turned way down, the G29s are probably actually faring the best, albeit before the actual game release.

Also, the Drivehub makes the Fanatec act like a Logitech device - so I'm not really gaining anything there either.

In a nutshell, I'm still sold on the CSL Elite, but I have held off on purchasing it until I can get some more feedback from actual owners once the game releases.

Looks like it's the old controller and last place for me for a few days! But, on a lighter note, I am getting the GT Omega ART!
I'm confident that the CSL elite will get full support at or short after release. I have a G29 and planning to upgrade. Holding off till there are more in depth reviews for T-GT. Still that fanatec formula rim black is really sweat.. however one Europe backordered till 29-12-2017! So have enough time to think about... my G29 will suffice in the meantime.

I want a wheel too, but I'm not made of money so I am looking for something less than 200 bucks. I don't care about having the best. I want something that's easy to pick up and will last. I can compete with a lot of top guys using a ds4 and even auto transmission based on my times, but I'm not consistent with it and I can't find a button setup to use manual fluently. I think it'd be easy to get the hang of a wheel again since I had a cheap one before but it don't work anymore :(

I want a wheel too, but I'm not made of money so I am looking for something less than 200 bucks. I don't care about having the best. I want something that's easy to pick up and will last. I can compete with a lot of top guys using a ds4 and even auto transmission based on my times, but I'm not consistent with it and I can't find a button setup to use manual fluently. I think it'd be easy to get the hang of a wheel again since I had a cheap one before but it don't work anymore :(

If you still have a working wheel but it does not work on the PS4 this may work for you too
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...bout-to-jump-ship-maybe.361619/#post-11985699

Have had G27 on ps3 and now have G29 on PS4 . I'm very happy with G29 , good quality and performance. Also not very expensive . !

Wow...thank you for all the replies - it's great to see such an active community! Given the feedback, it's nearly a 50/50 split between the G29 and the T300RS-GT (as I expected).

Given the plethora of problems that the owners of the T300 are facing with GT Sport specifically (and what seems to me an extraordinary amount of wheels 'failing') - I am leaning much more towards the G29.

I realize that I may be sacrificing some performance for cost, however, I think a lot can be said for reliability, and at this point, it appears that the Thrustmaster products have an overwhelming amount of problems (check FFB problems with this game). I also have trouble justifying spending ~ $400 for a device that doesn't work as intended with this game and it seems like every 3rd one made is a dud. I could easily be wrong, but I have read VERY few reports about anyone having issues with the G29.

I have to admit, when I posted this, I was pretty deadset on the T300RS-GT, but - after reading and reviewing these comments and others, the pendulum is swinging the other way - so much so that I may pull the trigger tonight on the G29. I really dislike the idea of a gear drive, but having used nothing but a controller, I can't possibly be 'unhappy' with my purchase - can I?
i ve been driving for a year with my G29, no clunking or any other trouble. i use it constantly with PC1, AC, Dirt, PC2, GTS demo, and tomorrow GTS! all work perfectly, nice support on all the games, the shifter is not expensive and works just fine. The FFB with GTS demo was spot on. i like the desing, looks like a batrang or something. really no complaints. i have sime troubles at first, but the wheel was not to blame but a crappy old UPS i connected it to, so if you do get one, plug the power to a proper current regulator, UPS (or directly to the plug, witch i don't recomend) as some variations of power might make the wheell unresponsive for half a second, kind of a micro reset that makes it turn off and on immidiatly, unfortunately this might send you to the wall.
i think you'll be happy with whatever choice you make, i have tested the T300 and is a very very good wheel, but more expensive, the shifter is really expensive for what it is, and the std pedals feel and look cheap. the FFB depends more on the game than the wheel IMO based on what i felt, no real difference between the wheels.
Good luck finding a nice offer and enjoy your driving.

G29 for robust reliability.
Logitech products are ment to last from father to son.. ;)
I bought G27 on ~summer 2010, replaced on warranty ~ year after, reason was only loosen bolt (which I didn't know then, nowadays just tightening those when needed). Still rocking with 5,5y old wheel and using it on PS4 with GIMX.

XXI

Not sure how anyone would know that yet. I have not seen one review of it. I guess time will tell. Good luck with everyone's selection. Amazon has T300 right now for $299 and G29 for $280 and change

I have not spent much time yet but for now the CSL Elite Ps4 does work in GT Sport. Has no FFB, only resistance not much road feel yet but could in my settings. It works like in gt5 gt6 you just choose a Thrustmaster or the Logitech profile in wheel settings. I'll update when I got more time later. I believe this will be fixed after they make Sony buddy Thrustmaster happy. I believe its Thrustmaster and sony trying to slow down the Fanatec CSL sales. Just like the stalled it being sold in the US 4 months late.

Last edited:
As I have been considering a Fanatec upgrade and doing much research on these I have been following the Discussion threads concerning this problem pretty closely both here and on the Fanatec web site.
My understanding is that there are three modes. Red == PC. Blue == PS4. Purple == Compatibility Mode for PS3/Older PS4 racing games that supported Fanatec CSW V1 and V2 wheels.
Now it is good that they got a work around so the wheel at least works within reason but my understanding is that the "fix" with the firmware update just allows use with the purple mode and it actually allows use of the games G29 controller settings.

For the cost of this product at its price point when figuring upgrading pedals and shifters you would be paying for a top shelf experience in my opinion.

Also with the Fanatecs companies advertising listing the product as "currently" being fully supported by all current and future PS4 racing game titles apparently those statements are not at the current time correct.

Even this, a comment from a user today on the Fanatec discussion board would seem to indicate that on the PS4 the Fanatec emulating itself using something like G29 settings in compatibility mode is the only way it correctly works in other games on the PS4 besides GTSport as well. "The good is, Driveclub, F1 2016 and WRC6 are working now, too. With FFB and LEDs"

So as much as I like the looks of their products and for PC they seem to be great since all of my gaming is now done on PS4 I do not feel at the current time I can pull the trigger on spending such an amount on a product that relies on using a work around to operate in contridiction to what they advertise.

This of course in no way reflects on the products other than being my personal opinion of the value versus the usefulness with the current situation being what it is for this brand on this platform. I do not currently own the Fanatec product and what information I have shared has been gained from my personal research mainly from comments made by current owners of the product.

Ok great news for now the wheel don't show up in the menu though, its like in gt6 you got to use a Logitech or thrustmaster to set buttons. The Ps4 CSL Elite wheel got a update today. The wheel needs to be put in CSW V2 purple light mode then press the ps button. It works great with great ffb in this mode. Feel the tires break loose feel every rumble strip. the brake and gas vibration motors are working. Remember once your in the game put your csl elite wheel in CSW v2 purple mode the press the Ps button then your good to go. WARNING don't let go of the wheel or move it quick or it will shake very bad but doesn't effect the racing.

Last edited:
Ok great news for now the wheel don't show up in the menu though, its like in gt6 you got to use a Logitech or thrustmaster to set buttons. The Ps4 CSL Elite wheel got a update today. The wheel needs to be put in CSW V2 purple light mode then press the ps button. It works great with great ffb in this mode. Feel the tires break loose feel every rumble strip. the brake and gas vibration motors are working.Remember once your in the game put your csl elite wheel in CSW v2 purple mode the press the Ps button then your good to go. WARNING don't let go of the wheel or move it quick or it will shake very bad but doesn't effect the racing.

With this new Firmware the CSL is working in PS4 Menu, during purple Mode, this is new,too.

UPDATE From
Thomas Jackermeier on the Fanatec page.

GT Sport has been released and it works great with the Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel. Due to time constraints, Polyphony was not yet able to fully implement our wheel in the controller options menu but you can enjoy full force feedback and support for the rev lights and the ClubSport Shifter if you install the latest firmware 293 on your wheel.
This firmware has a revised compatibility mode which now adds compatibility to:
  • GT Sports
  • F1 2016
  • WRC6
  • DriveClub

Polyphony assured us that they will fully implement our wheel and that they are working on it. In the meantime you can already enjoy the game with the compatibility mode.

Please let us know your preferred Tuning settings for the new games.

As I have been considering a Fanatec upgrade and doing much research on these I have been following the Discussion threads concerning this problem pretty closely both here and on the Fanatec web site.
My understanding is that there are three modes. Red == PC. Blue == PS4. Purple == Compatibility Mode for PS3/Older PS4 racing games that supported Fanatec CSW V1 and V2 wheels.
Now it is good that they got a work around so the wheel at least works within reason but my understanding is that the "fix" with the firmware update just allows use with the purple mode and it actually allows use of the games G29 controller settings.

For the cost of this product at its price point when figuring upgrading pedals and shifters you would be paying for a top shelf experience in my opinion.

Also with the Fanatecs companies advertising listing the product as "currently" being fully supported by all current and future PS4 racing game titles apparently those statements are not at the current time correct.

Even this, a comment from a user today on the Fanatec discussion board would seem to indicate that on the PS4 the Fanatec emulating itself using something like G29 settings in compatibility mode is the only way it correctly works in other games on the PS4 besides GTSport as well. "The good is, Driveclub, F1 2016 and WRC6 are working now, too. With FFB and LEDs"

So as much as I like the looks of their products and for PC they seem to be great since all of my gaming is now done on PS4 I do not feel at the current time I can pull the trigger on spending such an amount on a product that relies on using a work around to operate in contridiction to what they advertise.

This of course in no way reflects on the products other than being my personal opinion of the value versus the usefulness with the current situation being what it is for this brand on this platform. I do not currently own the Fanatec product and what information I have shared has been gained from my personal research mainly from comments made by current owners of the product.

I have to agree with all of the above. For the 800 bucks I'd be spending on wheels and pedals - it still doesn't work correctly, and I agree - Fanatec's statement about being fully supported is untrue.

Overall, I'm just frustrated. Not a single wheel is working as intended. They all require some modification or alteration or using third party hardware/software to operate on an entirely different set of drivers than its own.

I spent months looking forward to this game - and to say I am disappointed is an understatement. Sure, I can play it with a controller, but knowing what I am missing out on will surely be in the back of my head. Alternately, I can spend 300-800 bucks for a wheel that may work, may blow up, or may require an additional 100 dollar add-on to function and still not be able to use its full capabilities as intended. Perhaps after I play tonight I'll go buy a Corvette and see if I can get an Accord engine put in.

UPDATE From
Thomas Jackermeier on the Fanatec page.

GT Sport has been released and it works great with the Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel. Due to time constraints, Polyphony was not yet able to fully implement our wheel in the controller options menu but you can enjoy full force feedback and support for the rev lights and the ClubSport Shifter if you install the latest firmware 293 on your wheel.
This firmware has a revised compatibility mode which now adds compatibility to:
  • GT Sports
  • F1 2016
  • WRC6
  • DriveClub

Polyphony assured us that they will fully implement our wheel and that they are working on it. In the meantime you can already enjoy the game with the compatibility mode.

Please let us know your preferred Tuning settings for the new games.

Bravo... Sounds like a giant work around. Nothing like putting lipstick on a pig.

When using my controller, the best manual transmission button combination for me is Triangle for up shifts and Square for down shifts. My thumb can actually almost touch both buttons at the same time which makes it really easy and quick to shift up or down.

I have just decided to stick with my G29. I already have it, it works great with every ps4 game I have used it with and in all honesty seems to have fewer problems than pretty much most all of the other brands.

I have had good luck over the years with my Logitech products including a couple of other wheels for earlier model consoles. Stick with this for the foreseeable future anyway.

Good luck on finding something you like and are satisfied with.

Just trying to learn more about the products available I just spent some time on the Fanatec web site looking at the different options. It seems that Fanatec is without doubt the "go to" for the best options for a PC.

But spending some time reading the user forums it seems that they are fairly new in this console arena and perhaps experiencing some growing pains and for the dollars spent their are some new owners that are not pleased.
Some are questioning the wheels and its systems, Some are blaming Sony and the game makers. It has been stated that the wheel does operate and all buttons work on the PS 4.

So I guess that would meet the criteria for being compatible with the PS4 system. I guess the next big question is a game maker like Polyphony obligated to optimize the operation of a 3rd party peripheral for a company even though they have a licensing agreement to promote and support a direct competitor to that company?

I have never owned their products and I will admit they look really nice and offer some nice options but that also comes at a price.

I do know I quit playing PC games and went back to consoles as I got weary of constantly running into compatibility issues concerning hardware or the operating system and the games crashing or blue screening at random, went back to consoles to eliminate those hassles. Even though consoles do not give you the options that a PC does just having the hassle free plug-n-play the console offers was my main reason for preferring to game on a console. I personally would not purchase a product that full compatible plug-n-play might be an issue, that is reason for playing on the console, compatibility with the system, games and controller.

As earlier stated if I were to be in the market to purchase any wheel to play GT Sport I would go spend some time researching all options and their pros and cons. I would also be very careful in making a purchase based on anything but facts as to whether the product would be indeed optimized for the game I was interested in playing supported the product I was about to spend a minimum of several hundred dollars on.

I am not recommending or trying to influence any one in their final choice but I know for many this is a substantial purchase and it would be pretty upsetting to find that what you spent your dollars on did not deliver the performance that you thought you were buying. Just search all your options and make your purchase from facts that can be verified not a "should be" down the road unless prior to purchase you are guaranteed to be able to return the product for a full refund if such should be"n never become reality.

We have a lot in common!
I too ditched pc gaming a while a go. I was sick of fiddling and tweaking with drivers ,compatibility issues,hardware upgrades etc. Also with 2 kids and a business just don't have the time to spend all day installing, tweaking etc.
Console gives me a plug and play experience and in a way protects me to over invest in more and more money in pc hardware..

I have just decided to stick with my G29. I already have it, it works great with every ps4 game I have used it with and in all honesty seems to have fewer problems than pretty much most all of the other brands.

I have had good luck over the years with my Logitech products including a couple of other wheels for earlier model consoles. Stick with this for the foreseeable future anyway.

Good luck on finding something you like and are satisfied with.

I also owned a DFGT for a long time and now a G29 for about a year and love its plug and playability. But for any new gamer I wouldn't recommend it anymore. Especially if you have a larger budget.

My reason to upgrade isn't necessarily that I'm not satisfied with the wheel. I just want a formula style rim and the "gearing" is starting to bother me. I drive a nice car in real life everyday and the difference in feel is starting to bother me. So I will be upgrading. The TGT is tempting but just not a good package with the price and pedals. The CSL elite seems to tick all the boxes. In my opinion they have the best looking formula rim in simracing gear! Even nicer then the "replica's in my opinion. Too bad it is backordered.

Sorry man but the g29 is your cheapest option.

Back