Who do you miss? Formerly active gtp user who disappeared ...

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 927 comments
I miss @Apmaddock, who must have fully deleted his account since it doesnt pop up to tag, as well as @Chiochan. Had a lot of good races with them in the hay day of SNAIL. I honestly miss those days of SNAIL as well. It was definitely some of the best racing I have had the honor to be a part of.

I miss @Apmaddock, who must have fully deleted his account since it doesnt pop up to tag, as well as @Chiochan. Had a lot of good races with them in the hay day of SNAIL. I honestly miss those days of SNAIL as well. It was definitely some of the best racing I have had the honor to be a part of.
How come you stopped racing?

How come you stopped racing?
Mostly time. A little bit the league got to big.
Being a parent of two, home owner, full time worker and beginning to get long in the years, I don't have the energy to follow all of the pursuits I pursue and put in the effort to be a good racer and stay up past midnight on sundays. I'd be dead at work on one of our busier days.
And, as I was alluding to. I started with SNAIL just as the second division was being added. I believe it was three months old at that. There was no stewards guild, zer0 was an active racer. The feel of a bunch of amateur racers having fun back then was much different than the organizational feel of the group now.
It's not that it's bad. SNAIL was and still is quite large and active. With the ebb and flow of new racers that come and go, it becomes a challenge to keep that small town feel.
I do have plans on investing more time into sim racing, and a part of that plan includes the PS4 and future consoles, we we will see what happens then.

I'm right here!
I haven't logged in much this year. The fact that I'm so far behind in reading so many threads seems to keep me away more. There's so much to catch up on that I put it off until later, which adds to the problem.

While typing this (on mobile), the keyboard functionality has been very frustrating. It's something I've experienced on GTP in the past at various times. Here's some text without me wrestling it into proper sentences...

The wuick brown foc jumpej over the lazy dog. This littli piggy wrnt totmarket. Mary had a kittle lamb

It takes so much time and effort to correct, making the text a lot worse before it gets better that I fear my return may be more brief than I hoped.

While typing this (on mobile), the keyboard functionality has been very frustrating. It's something I've experienced on GTP in the past at various times. Here's some text without me wrestling it into proper sentences...

Try swype (or similar), it's the only way I can produce coherent* content on a mobile.

* Or so I like to think

Try swype (or similar), it's the only way I can produce coherent* content on a mobile.

* Or so I like to think
That's a keyboard App?
I had the same problem ages ago, only on GTP though, then it went away. It's definitely back today though.

Here's some text without me wrestling it into proper sentences...

The wuick brown foc jumpej over the lazy dog. This littli piggy wrnt totmarket. Mary had a kittle lamb

It takes so much time and effort to correct, making the text a lot worse before it gets better that I fear my return may be more brief than I hoped.

Is it a GTP only problem or a phone software problem? Some phones have advanced settings for the keypad where you can calibrate the touches so that the keypad is better moulded or accustomed to your fingers' positions; it makes you write a sentence like quick brown fox using all the letters thus knowing where you like to touch each letter.

I have the same issue as well. I am unfortunately a poor proofreader as well, so often I have to go back and edit what I wrote, which is to say, when I reread what I write after someone has quoted or liked the post.
Swipe, btw, should already be on and usable if you are on an android. If not, just go to the keyboard options (the gear found somewhere within the on screen keyboard) and look for the keyboard swipe option.

Is it a GTP only problem or a phone software problem? Some phones have advanced settings for the keypad where you can calibrate the touches so that the keypad is better moulded or accustomed to your fingers' positions; it makes you write a sentence like quick brown fox using all the letters thus knowing where you like to touch each letter.
It looks like a phone software problem but has only ever occured on GTP.

Edit:
It has happened on more than one phone handset.

It looks like a phone software problem but has only ever occured on GTP.

Edit:
It has happened on more than one phone handset.

I had an issue similar for over a year until somebody pointed out I had the text box set to plain text in the settings which made my posts dreadful (little spanner above), that’s not your issue is it?

The rich text editor should be your default.

How could I forget?

I just checked you're more active in the GTA Online sub forum. That's why I never saw you again.

Cheers!
Yeah, I couldn't get into GTSport. I think the camera is too limited during the race replay and the scenes just don't allow for anything creative in my opinion.

The scenes take great photos, I miss the days of cleaning up jaggies and making a poor photo into an amazing one! Hehe

I had an issue similar for over a year until somebody pointed out I had the text box set to plain text in the settings which made my posts dreadful (little spanner above), that’s not your issue is it?

The rich text editor should be your default.
No, I sometimes go into the plain text option to check/edit BB code but it's easy to tell when you're in there from the yellow background.

The problem hasn't been as bad for the last couple of weeks. Weird words still pop up but there seemed to be a refusal to allow me to correct them before which hasn't occured so much since.

One thing was that I would type a word, lets say "planet" then press space and it would change to planeplan or similar. Pressing backspace would then add letters from whichever word appeared immediately before "planet".

It seemed to be worse in areas with very little mobile reception.

This isn't the thread for it but I've just noticed Shem's question and didn't want to ignore it.

@watermelon punch

Back in the GT5 days she would host Shuffle Races almost every day and that's where I spent all of my time until I believe she told me about GTPlanet. The rest is history.

Way back in 2013, I used to remember this guy @Lock2Lock being active in the forum and obsessing about turbo lag in the older GT games when it barely exists. He used to flock in threads that talk about it, forcing people to believe that it really does exist in the games yet, almost nobody believed him after all.

Way back in 2013, I used to remember this guy @Lock2Lock being active in the forum and obsessing about turbo lag in the older GT games when it barely exists. He used to flock in threads that talk about it, forcing people to believe that it really does exist in the games yet, almost nobody believed him after all.
Guess what I am back.
It was hard to prove and only a few cars had any evidence of it which I never denied.
Never once "forced" anyone to believe it??? The point of a discussion is to debate it right? Same way people would "force" denial of its existence right... it's a discussion/debate. I still feel that I made valid points using the HPA Stage II R32 considering it's modifications of the IRL car. All in all it was a discussion.

Also GT6 ruined the experience for me for the GT series. I don't even want to talk about GT Sport. I have gotten a PC and a entire new gaming setup now. Plus working on my real life drift car so yeah pretty much done with Gran Turismo.

Back