Who else hates the Cape Ring?

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 376 comments
Thi track was a waste of developing time. More people hate this track than like it imo

I wouldn't go that far. I also think its more of a 50/50 split.

IMO, if you don't like it, its probably beacause you always get beaten when racing there online :sly:.

This track has a smörgåsbord of corners. If you can hit them all perfectly, it feels very satisfying.

-> As I lurk at this thread since its return (and my thread getting less fan-fare), so far I see a 50/50 argument all in all. I have the similar likeness to Cape Ring as I would back in the GT3 days with Complex String.

Complex String (was featured in GT3)
complexstring.jpg

-> Botth CR and CS are a pain to go around in. Both tracks are a test of suspension callibrations and overall tuning. Some say both of these tracks are considered as test track on which they are!

-> But overall, Cape has the variety while Complex has the sophistcation. And I rate both of them as equals. Good thing I'm neutral on this debacle...

Kind of.
Kaz designed the track with the Izu Peninsula in mind.
It has a real life circular off ramp....
10.jpg

kawazu_circular_ramp.jpg

Its called the Kawazu Circular Ramp. Looks fun:dopey:.

If you can tune a car to go round it fast and stable, you're on to a winner.
^ Great find 'Smokey'!!! 👍

-> If ever I go to Japan I will 'hunt' for this road along with Mt. Haruna Mountain Pass & Gunma Cycle Sport Complex! :)

Love the full course with the exception of the jump section... though I would be ok with it if damage occurred for insane air on players and CPU drivers alike.

I learned to like it during GT academy as it is a very tricky course to master. There are still some issues regarding TT on this track due to grass mowing, corner cutting and wall bouncing but those are outstanding issues on several tracks.

All in all would prefer to have an updated complex string back over the full cape ring though.

I wouldn't go that far. I also think its more of a 50/50 split.

IMO, if you don't like it, its probably beacause you always get beaten when racing there online :sly:.

This track has a smörgåsbord of corners. If you can hit them all perfectly, it feels very satisfying.

yeah i love doing F1 on this because i can hit every turn perfect, best track for high speed cars

I really like it! The big loop is the highlight of every lap. While the full circuit is my least favourite of the variations offered, I still think it's okay, and all of the other variations make up for it.
I think I (and many others) will enjoy the track much more though (as well as every other track to not have this treatment yet) when it has weather, time, and stars. Maybe they could throw in a few more little scenic bits here and there too, like what was done to High Speed Ring.

This was linked on the forums main page but I thought it appropriated to jump in despite my nonexistant GT5 experience. I despise all layouts in GT6 and suspect I would have in 5 and earlier games as well.

I guess I'm one of the few who likes it then. :indiff:

Me too, I love Cape Ring. I love the scenery, and the way this track flows. What I hate about it is the way the AI drives. They do fine until they get to the 'Ring' part, then it's like they all decide they have no idea how to take a turn anymore.

Seriously, even during the World Cup race, they drive the ring part way too conservatively. So easy to defeat them there. I've done some lesser Cape Ring races (like the Clubman) with 100 horsepower or less.

But the track itself? I love it. :D

Back