Who else wants Codemasters to lose their F1 rights?

Would you rather have a different maker of the F1 games?

• Total voters
I'm willing to bet it's more difficult to get licenses for old F1 teams than it is old NBA teams.

I second that. Bernie wants literally and arm and a leg for the licence alone, let alone classic content, man imagine the battle to get senna in a game? Even 2k with classic teams only had the successful ones, to a true basketball fan like myself, it's only a tease of the possibility.

I am quite confident EA can actually do a better job on F1 than Codemasters.

Ohh hell no, it would be "always online" ea suck, they don't care about any customer needs, even fraudulent sales are sales to them, reason why they were voted worse company two years in a row. They deceived me into buying a ps4 thinking I could play the new need for speed and battlefront only to find out a week before release after I brought the console, that there online only. It's disgusting, you pay $100 for the game,$70 to play online and the data charges. It's highway robbery. Don't get me started on ea my brother worked as a developer for them for seven years and quite due to there nazi regime or "strong arm" tactics when it comes to games, there "play it our way or don't play at all" attitude stinks.

EA have released some decent games recently and they have a variety of developers they can select to make the game which suits. Problem with Codemasters, is that the series is getting boring and they look stubborn to not add any creativity.

@Emmcee, if you have to pay data charges everytime you go on the internet then buying a PS4 would not be on my agenda but getting a broadband connection is.

EA have released some decent games recently and they have a variety of developers they can select to make the game which suits. Problem with Codemasters, is that the series is getting boring and they look stubborn to not add any creativity.
The problem is that it is an insanely niche product, you drive F1 cars in various career modes.

Sure EA might bring out spin offs based on F1 but the core game, which is subject to debate right now, would be very similar in terms of game modes and everything else because you simply can't do too much with such a nailed down idea.

The problem is that it is an insanely niche product, you drive F1 cars in various career modes.

Sure EA might bring out spin offs based on F1 but the core game, which is subject to debate right now, would be very similar in terms of game modes and everything else because you simply can't do too much with such a nailed down idea.
My suggestions would be to add a huge variety of classic cars and tracks. And a more immerse career mode. This is where my thought of EA would come in as they have the funds to invest into the franchise.

My suggestions would be to add a huge variety of classic cars and tracks. And a more immerse career mode. This is where my thought of EA would come in as they have the funds to invest into the franchise.
Classics? Sure, but I'd bet they'd come in over priced DLC as is the EA way.

Immersive career mode? You mean like they have in F1 2015? Yknow, with Elite mode.

I've only played F1 2006 (I played F1:CE, but not extensively) and F1 2009, but I gotta say the former did a hell of a lot better of a job actually feeling like an F1 game instead of a racing game that happened to have F1 cars. From what I've seen of the newer ones, they haven't really improved things in that regard anyway. The career mode was a lot better too, but that might have been improved since. I dunno.

The one I really liked and still occasionally play was Grand Prix Challenge. That game had charisma to spare.

@Emmcee, if you have to pay data charges everytime you go on the internet then buying a PS4 would not be on my agenda but getting a broadband connection is.

Mate here in Australia our internet speed is disgusting and where I live,even if I got internet I wouldn't be able to connect and if I did I would get booted out. Online play is the way of the future but at least allow everyone to get on par with net speed before making it a requirement to play. Love how everyone makes the assumption that a fast connection is available to everyone. Just how ea thinks aswell. The company that makes Project Cars would make an epic f1 game IMO, there Formula A cars are awesome to drive.

:D
Classics? Sure, but I'd bet they'd come in over priced DLC as is the EA way.

Immersive career mode? You mean like they have in F1 2015? Yknow, with Elite mode.
EA? Unless Ghost is the one doing the F1 games, then I think they will give the NFS treatment for that one, Free updates.

No. Boring is what describes it.
Mate here in Australia our internet speed is disgusting and where I live,even if I got internet I wouldn't be able to connect and if I did I would get booted out. Online play is the way of the future but at least allow everyone to get on par with net speed before making it a requirement to play. Love how everyone makes the assumption that a fast connection is available to everyone. Just how ea thinks aswell. The company that makes Project Cars would make an epic f1 game IMO, there Formula A cars are awesome to drive.
Let's make it clear. You are complaining about an online only game which was stated 3 months before release, so don't complain how EA are robbing you because they aren't forcing you to buy the game but it is tough luck that you didn't do any research or you have a bad connection. And I am questioning why are you still buying their games if you compare their company to the Third Reich.

Once again jumping to conclusions.

1- Iam not on Facebook, is that my fault also?
2- all the massive display posters had nothing on there stating online only
3- even "pre-order" boxes had anything on them
4- a week before release they bring out case size boxes finally saying "online only" mind you it was in the smallest writing in the bottom left hand corner and was only seen after spending about 30 seconds inspecting the box. Now if it was someone just passing by and grabbed it to purchase, wouldn't have a clue. So please stop jumping to conclusions as it's clear you think you have all the answers but you don't. Even a developer of ea said to me it was done that way to lure you in. Even when I contacted ea, there rep didn't even know it requires an online connection, did you know that to? Ohh and my brother in law who works for ea games/game stop has had so many returns as people didn't know till they got home they couldn't play it. So it goes to show, people don't read microscopic writing. At the end of the day, if the didn't intend to decieve, then why was the writing so small? Another brilliant marketing scam by fraudulent developers, your trying to stand up for them when I know first how how they work, my brother quit there development team after seven years as he was disgusted how the company had turned.

Even a developer of ea said to me it was done that way to lure you in.

Mm hmm.

my brother in law who works for ea games/game stop has had so many returns as people didn't know till they got home they couldn't play it.

Mm hmmmmm.

my brother quit there development team after seven years as he was disgusted how the company had turned.

Mmmmm hmmmmmm.

I can't wait until other people you know enter the conversation with convenient supplementary information.

You've already received one warning. Don't make it another: please put more effort into the quality of your posts. Decent grammar is expected here at GTP. That's not even touching on the highly unlikely stories quoted above.

So I recieve a warning point or poor grammar and a difference in opinion? If that's the case, how fair is that? And another thing, how do you know what ea said to me? Or what my brother said to me? All you have to do is google it and you'll see the outrage this has caused, I can't beleive this, critised for relevant info I have received and know is true. Ohh I also thought double posting wasn't allowed, where is the moderation for that? Excuse my frustration but I feel Iam being picked on now.

F1: CE did not also do a good job adding classic F1s. They only have one 90s F1 car and that is the Williams FW18.

I have a question, why is there tobacco censorship also in video games? I hate when the FW18 doesn't have the Rothmans logo on.

Same as Williams missing the red martini stripe in f1 2015. I beleive its banned because children can play the game.

F1: CE did not also do a good job adding classic F1s. They only have one 90s F1 car and that is the Williams FW18.

They did a bad job because they only added 1 90s F1 car? Look at the variety in what they included apart from that car:

1950 Alfa Romeo 158
1960 Cooper Climax
1965 Honda RA272
1970 Lotus 49C
1973 Lotus 72E
1978 Williams FW06
1979 Renault RS01

I fail to see how that is a a bad job at including classics considering that's a decent spread of different eras.

I have a question, why is there tobacco censorship also in video games? I hate when the FW18 doesn't have the Rothmans logo on.

For the same reason Alcohol sponsorship isn't present in F1 nor NASCAR games: The rating. the ESRB, PEGI and the Japanese equivalent will only put kid safe ratings on the game if those logos are not present.

I thought f1 Ce was a brilliant game, still play it now, only
Thing that bugged me about that was ai cars could drive over oil slicks but you couldn't. Classic content was good and thorough. Nah loved the game and just having the details on drivers helmets looked brilliant.

They did a bad job because they only added 1 90s F1 car? Look at the variety in what they included apart from that car:

1950 Alfa Romeo 158
1960 Cooper Climax
1965 Honda RA272
1970 Lotus 49C
1973 Lotus 72E
1978 Williams FW06
1979 Renault RS01

I fail to see how that is a a bad job at including classics considering that's a decent spread of different eras.

For the same reason Alcohol sponsorship isn't present in F1 nor NASCAR games: The rating. the ESRB, PEGI and the Japanese equivalent will only put kid safe ratings on the game if those logos are not present.
It could be just my taste but dosen't matter still like the game but its just that when you add classic F1s, it must not just be 1 car per era (70s, etc.) but still, it may be just my taste that's all.

I would love a full content classic f1 game. Like I said earlier, you could do a 10 year career from 1990-2000. I would imagine getting the rights for older drivers would be a mission but I wouldn't care if there was generic names like I know senna wouldn't be in it so you could have Anton Senta or something like that but it would have to have authentic circuits and cars from the respective eras.

lol exactly, online only even to play single player, paid dlc for extra cars and tracks. Ugggh I don't want to even think about it.
I love how you are using NFS to base how every EA game is going to be made. And your claim of a EA dev telling you about luring people in is somewhat ridiculous.

@C_R5_575TLR I was thinking on the lines of some sort of storyline or plot to make it more enticing. Or maybe a PCars structure of progression from building yourself up from Karts to a seat in F1.

@C_R5_575TLR I was thinking on the lines of some sort of storyline or plot to make it more enticing. Or maybe a PCars structure of progression from building yourself up from Karts to a seat in F1.
F1 games with story lines could go horribly wrong, to be honest.

And the whole PCars structure thing has been brought up in the past but, let's face it, this is an F1 game and that isn't likely to happen no matter who is developing the games.

Edit: maybe Codies should bring back TOCA and use F1 cars in that ;)

I love how you are using NFS to base how every EA game is going to be made. And your claim of a EA dev telling you about luring people in is somewhat ridiculous.

So what I was told at a recent gaming expo by ea themselves was incorrect? Sorry it's not what you want to hear but it's true. I could tell you almost word for word but I'd probably get another warning point for "trolling" lmao Battlefront is the same. Ohh let me guess, they lied about that to? But I do like your idea of pcars style of progression but, I would love that. One thing I could never figure out is they had almost realistic damage in grid but failed to implement that in there f1 games, pcars and there f1 series has pretty realistic damage but if we're talking realism, gp2 by Geoff Crammond from way back in the 90s is still the most realistic IMO.

F1 games with story lines could go horribly wrong, to be honest.

And the whole PCars structure thing has been brought up in the past but, let's face it, this is an F1 game and that isn't likely to happen no matter who is developing the games.

Edit: maybe Codies should bring back TOCA and use F1 cars in that ;)
I would beg for a TOCA to be on the current gen. That is one game I most likely to invest many hours in.

Ohh yea that game was wicked, imagine how good it would look now. Gameplay was so far ahead of its time when that was released IMO.

For those wanting a full F1 season, get EA F1 Challenge 99-02 or rFactor. They have mods for almost every year F1 has existed (and in rFactor's case, even some from the pre-war 1930s era). They are pretty old games so any run of the mill computer can run them. Trust me, you will forget all these console F1 games ever existed.

Yeah rfactor rocks but we want classic content for consoles. Possibilities are endless for PC but for those who don't have one, we need a classic game.

Back