Who in here prefers GT7 to ACC?

United States
United States
I’ve been playing games since the original NES days. Never owned a gaming PC, so I haven’t played iRacing.

ACC is the first legit simulation I have ever played on a console. If you have a wheel + pedal setup, ACC is as good as it gets (better on PC, but this post is in regards to console racing)

I have played every GT game to death. Bought every one at launch, and really enjoyed it for what it is. GT7 is probably more fun to casually drive, but ACC is really rewarding when you get an entire lap just right. The racing in ACC is in another Galaxy from GT7, but GT7 is no doubt a better “game”.

Sound: ACC
Track listing: ACC
Sense of speed: GT7
Graphics: GT7
Racing Ai: ACC
Online: Tie (ACC is dead)
Tire model: ACC
Realism: ACC
Car variety: GT7 (obviously)
Replay value: Tie
Frame rate: GT7
Fun Factor: Tie (ACC more rewarding and GT7 is way easier to pick up and play)

It’s a bit of a shame, since GT7 gets so much right, but it’s purely a simcade. Playing ACC has made me want way more from GT7, but I know it is not meant to be a sim and never will be. No console racing game has the name, the budget or the graphics of GT7. If they turned it into a game with legit Ai and real racing, it would be unbeatable. IRacing gets by based on realism. The graphics are subpar, but the racing is the main draw.

Just curious who else in here plays both and wishes for a little ACC magic in GT7 shiny coat of paint.

If ACC had the cars and even a remotely competent caRPG campaign that mimmicked the GT of old(still need to check out the Evoluzione mod) I would drop GT and never look back. I keep coming back to GT for the cars and the nostalgia of the old campaign. Outside of that, there are better racing games, albeit specialized.

I still personally prefer Assetto Corsa Competizione to GT7 because it's a proper Hardcore Sim Racer while GT7 is a Simcade.
I tried ACC on PS5 with a dual sense and was very underwhelmed. Do prefer GT7 on Dualsense.
Because ACC is more designed to use on the racing wheel that supports force feedback such as Fanatec CSL DD, Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer/T-GT II/TS-XW, etc.

P.S Don't get me wrong, GT7 is an okay game but needs more work to get it almost perfect for Simcade standards.

For awhile I was enthralled by ACC, as it offers a far more involved experience than GT7, but that is also it's downfall for me - if I want to race, I don't want to have to always do a 10 minute track experience followed by qualifier sessions before doing the race. Sometimes (most of the time) I just want to throw down a quick qualifier session and then race!

Last edited:
I’ve been playing games since the original NES days. Never owned a gaming PC, so I haven’t played iRacing.

ACC is the first legit simulation I have ever played on a console. If you have a wheel + pedal setup, ACC is as good as it gets (better on PC, but this post is in regards to console racing)

I have played every GT game to death. Bought every one at launch, and really enjoyed it for what it is. GT7 is probably more fun to casually drive, but ACC is really rewarding when you get an entire lap just right. The racing in ACC is in another Galaxy from GT7, but GT7 is no doubt a better “game”.

Sound: ACC
Track listing: ACC
Graphics: GT7
Racing Ai: ACC
Online: Tie (ACC is dead)
Car variety: GT7 (obviously)
Replay value: Tie
Fun Factor: Tie (ACC more rewarding and GT7 is way easier to pick up and play)

It’s a bit of a shame, since GT7 gets so much right, but it’s purely a simcade. Playing ACC has made me want way more from GT7, but I know it is not meant to be a sim and never will be. No console racing game has the name, the budget or the graphics of GT7. If they turned it into a game with legit Ai and real racing, it would be unbeatable. IRacing gets by based on realism. The graphics are subpar, but the racing is the main draw.

Just curious who else in here plays both and wishes for a little ACC magic in GT7 shiny coat of paint.
ACC is the hardest platinum trophy of any racing game I have done. As good as it is it is very narrow in scope i.e. only GT3/4 cars and a limited track selection, all be it real world tracks which I love.

Once PS5s become available (not being scalped) I will be going back to ACC. Even on a PS4 Pro there are frame rate issues but even so I do miss the sublime physics, the scaleable AI that you can actually race with and of course the sound. And I should mention being able to set tyre pressures and fuel loads, you know, the little things that can make a big difference.

GT7 is a joke (and Kaz should be embarrassed) and I only play it as a fill in. If it wasn't for the unavailability of 3 cars I would have done the Platinum in the first 6 days after it was released. There is only so much enjoyment I can get from chase the rabbit races while negotiating mobile chicanes that insist on ramming me at every opportunity they can regardless of marshal flags. e.g blue flags for AI mean move off line and then ram me >:-( Yellow flags mean stay off the track until I am in sight and drive at 90deg. to my line so I T-bone them >:-(

Oh and don't forget how much I love all the grinding so I can get more bland cars that I can try and tune so I can compete with things like rocket powered Samba Buses or DeLoreans or AI that use sicks like full wets and or have 200hp (seams like!) more than me but don't hardly use any fuel. Oh and tuning, what I really love is trying to drop 10pp only to find out on that car I either add 150kg or drop 50hp!

Honestly, who would really like to drive a sim that you don't have to worry about grinding for credits in?

ACC is the hardest platinum trophy of any racing game I have done. As good as it is it is very narrow in scope i.e. only GT3/4 cars and a limited track selection, all be it real world tracks which I love.

Once PS5s become available (not being scalped) I will be going back to ACC. Even on a PS4 Pro there are frame rate issues but even so I do miss the sublime physics, the scaleable AI that you can actually race with and of course the sound. And I should mention being able to set tyre pressures and fuel loads, you know, the little things that can make a big difference.

GT7 is a joke (and Kaz should be embarrassed) and I only play it as a fill in. If it wasn't for the unavailability of 3 cars I would have done the Platinum in the first 6 days after it was released. There is only so much enjoyment I can get from chase the rabbit races while negotiating mobile chicanes that insist on ramming me at every opportunity they can regardless of marshal flags. e.g blue flags for AI mean move off line and then ram me >:-( Yellow flags mean stay off the track until I am in sight and drive at 90deg. to my line so I T-bone them >:-(

Oh and don't forget how much I love all the grinding so I can get more bland cars that I can try and tune so I can compete with things like rocket powered Samba Buses or DeLoreans or AI that use sicks like full wets and or have 200hp (seams like!) more than me but don't hardly use any fuel. Oh and tuning, what I really love is trying to drop 10pp only to find out on that car I either add 150kg or drop 50hp!

Honestly, who would really like to drive a sim that you don't have to worry about grinding for credits in?
Believe me, ACC on PS5 is a dream.

Believe me, ACC on PS5 is a dream.
So I am led to believe. I have not heard/read anything that would suggest otherwise.

Here is a good test for anyone to do and something that surprised me too. After driving (BTW you drive ACC, you play GT*) for a while and get on the pace it is sooo hard to go back to GT*. I found that I was 1sec+ per lap at every track I went to. I had to 'train" myself to treat it like a game and just mash the throttle and brakes everywhere.

There is so much more skill/finesse needed in a proper sim.

So at the moment I am anxiously waiting for PS5 stock to become available and am quite angry at Sony for allowing scalpers to cash in >:-((

Got to be honest, I didn't even realise ACC was available for PS4/console until I was browsing PS store the other week.

Some of what you guys said above has pricked my ears up - how is in terms of solo mode? Good enough?

It's not strictly online is it?

Got to be honest, I didn't even realise ACC was available for PS4/console until I was browsing PS store the other week.

Some of what you guys said above has pricked my ears up - how is in terms of solo mode? Good enough?

It's not strictly online is it?
First, hop over to the ACC threads.

Overall, it’s an a good game.No, it’s not strictly online.
If this will be a first race game other than playing Gran Turismo, keep in mind, on PS4, it does not look like Gran Turismo. That’s the major hurdle coming from GT.

On controller, it’s not like Gran Turismo either. There’s no slamming on the brakes to make a corner when going too fast. When shifting manually, The ABS, downshifting and engine braking, work in a rhythm. The steering and tyre grip, feel like they are contacting the track surface.
Gran Turismo is very easy to use with controller. ACC, on controller, is very good without adjustments. Which leads to some people being annoyed with ACC. The controller buttons need to be set up. There’s no tutorial to do this, but check the ACC threads for help.

As far as racing, there’s multi-class, Practice, qualifying, sprint, endurance and day/night/weather transitions.

The track list is great. Circuits people may have never heard of or raced in any other racing game. They feel like you can really hone race craft. And this is the biggest thing. Racing the AI.

AI programming are second to none on console. For solo play, it’s what players need. There are some hiccups at starts of races, but being able to adjust AI and tailor it to the player’s skill level is a godsend.

Keep in mind, this game is NOT Gran Turismo.

Last edited:
I’m only interested in online racing. I want to give ACC ps5 a chance but if there’s no online racing as everyone keeps saying then there’s no point. Is it really that bad? To say I’m fed up with the state of gt7 is an understatement so I wouldn’t take much convincing.

First, hop over to the ACC threads.

Overall, it’s an a good game.No, it’s not strictly online.
If this will be a first race game other than playing Gran Turismo, keep in mind, on PS4, it does not look like Gran Turismo. That’s the major hurdle coming from GT.

On controller, it’s not like Gran Turismo either. There’s no slamming on the brakes to make a corner when going too fast. When shifting manually, The ABS, downshifting and engine braking, work in a rhythm. The steering and tyre grip, feel like they are contacting the track surface.
Gran Turismo is very easy to use with controller. ACC, on controller, is very good without adjustments. Which leads to some people being annoyed with ACC. The controller buttons need to be set up. There’s no tutorial to do this, but check the ACC threads for help.

As far as racing, there’s multi-class, Practice, qualifying, sprint, endurance and day/night/weather transitions.

The track list is great. Circuits people may have never heard of or raced in any other racing game. They feel like you can really hone race craft. And this is the biggest thing. Racing the AI.

AI programming are second to none on console. For solo play, it’s what players need. There are some hiccups at starts of races, but being able to adjust AI and tailor it to the player’s skill level is a godsend.

Keep in mind, this game is NOT Gran Turismo.
Thank you 05XR8, yeah I'm on PS4 Pro and not expecting GT graphics anyway from what was said.
I did watch a video on YouTube last week of a ACC race and thought it looked decent anyway.

The physics and control sounds good, I've always been a decent driver so won't take me long to get used to it.
I did have a PC until last year when the GPU died, so I've played Project cars etc etc, and lots of other race games on both console and PC over the years.

Didn't ever look at other forums on here, so thanks for the tip! Do they have track list etc over there?

How accurate is the Nordschleife if included?

Thank you 05XR8, yeah I'm on PS4 Pro and not expecting GT graphics anyway from what was said.
I did watch a video on YouTube last week of a ACC race and thought it looked decent anyway.

The physics and control sounds good, I've always been a decent driver so won't take me long to get used to it.
I did have a PC until last year when the GPU died, so I've played Project cars etc etc, and lots of other race games on both console and PC over the years.

Didn't ever look at other forums on here, so thanks for the tip! Do they have track list etc over there?

How accurate is the Nordschleife if included?
The track list are in the thread. No Nordschliefe as it’s not on the Calendar.

The game is the official GT3 and GT4 licenced product, from 2019 & 2020 seasons. On PS4, the cars are from 2015-2020. PS5 users get up to date liveries in the next updates.
Only GT3 & GT4 cars from the European series and a British GT pack, that have the multi-class racing.

Another caveat are the frame rate. I’m on PS4 and it gets bad. I haven’t had it at every track, but it is choppy.

Wow! No Nordshleife!?
That's a no sale for me then.
Maybe pick it up in the future on PS5 if basic common sense ever makes more available.

I'm sure it's a great game, AC is cool, but I just peeked the Steam Store and it's north of $120US for the whole shebang. The GT4 Pack, which would most likely be my pleasure zone, is $20 itself, yikes, though you do get a good stable of cars. Still, people complain about MTX which they act like they can't refuse to buy because extortion or something. Meh, Humans. Plus as a reviewer on Steam mentioned, you need a serious machine to get all the visuals and good performance, or a PS5. And it looks like it's still buggy, with weird issues like you can only work on pit strategy while driving?? Nani?!

I've already invested so heavily in RaceRoom that I only need $70 to get the entire package, all of it, and the performance on my four year old PC was still excellent, simpler graphics aside.

But, I'm not playing it either, so GT7 it is.

Exactly. Can’t compare these games. Not even PC1/2/3.

What’s it’s mainly about, are. Variety. Not saying a stalwart GT player HAS to buy other racing games.. BUT when checking out the features, car lists, tracks, physics, gameplay of other games, it’s that freshness other games bring to the table. Especially for players that prefer AI and won’t venture to multiplayer. Thats when the head scratching about GT AI comes into the discussion.

I did a “track day” at the N24 with 19 AI in various race cars and speedy road cars. Sunrise conditions at 1x speed with a 24H clock. I only did two lap and watched the replay. Fantastic looking game. The AI kept me on my toes(I was using the 911 GT1) breathing down my neck in the M3 GT2 and a 911 RSR.

Booted up ACC for @ 15 minute GT4 race at Milano. Choppy framerate, but the racing was great. Fighting the AI ahead. Trying to figure out where to set up a pass, but first making sure I didn’t make mistakes. The player makes their own penalties, by missing a braking maker or slight steering corrections or putting the power down too late or under steering. Losing time and trying to gain it back. Can’t think, “Oh, I’ll make that up because, the AI slow down at T2-5“ or “I can get a run for a divebomb“. It don’t work like that.

I’ve mentioned before, many GT players are missing a trick by not checking out how other games do what they do.

I love the depth of ACC and how it feels, but it’s pretty much dead on PS5 in terms of multiplayer since it’s such a niche game.

GT7’s multiplayer is currently ****, but at least there are way more people playing at any given time.

Last edited:
ACC is the king of gaming sims for sure. But the lack of a good offline single player campaign and the fact it has very bad, if not outright horrible controller support puts it off my list.
Plus, the GT community is far larger and thus you have a lot more competition online.

ACC is only better in being more realistic in terms of physics, AI, and also in car sounds but GT7 has been really great with those and it has far more cars. Everything else, GT7 has ACC beat, some factors by a landslide.

It's another case of games only having cars and tracks in them as the common thing between them. GT has one audience, ACC has another. If you want to just race cars and nothing more (and have a wheel setup), go for ACC, otherwise, literally otherwise, GT7 will be a much better choice.

ACC is the king of gaming sims for sure. But the lack of a good offline single player campaign and the fact it has very bad, if not outright horrible controller support puts it off my list.
Plus, the GT community is far larger and thus you have a lot more competition online.

ACC is only better in being more realistic in terms of physics, AI, and also in car sounds but GT7 has been really great with those and it has far more cars. Everything else, GT7 has ACC beat, some factors by a landslide.

It's another case of games only having cars and tracks in them as the common thing between them. GT has one audience, ACC has another. If you want to just race cars and nothing more (and have a wheel setup), go for ACC, otherwise, literally otherwise, GT7 will be a much better choice.
ACC offline single player career is amazing. No BS Carpg type “story”. It’s all racing and it’s rewarding as hell. DS5 controller is also very good. If GT7 is a 10/10 for controller, I’d say ACC is a solid 8/10. It’s not that the controller support is bad, it’s that the driving model is way more in depth than GT7 so you have to have some more finesse. Zero complaints here.

Last edited:
When update 1.13 hit GT7 I stopped playing it and later started playing ACC for a bit (on PS5). It didn't click, the game doesn't feel alive to me. I don't mean that in the sense of how much people play online, but just the atmosphere when you go through the menus or when you drive on track. The FFB is also way different from GT7, certainly more realistic, but it doesn't feel satisfying for me. The post 1.16 FFB on GT7 is worse than when it came out, but still feels better to me than ACC.

Sound: GT7 (ACC sounds realistic, but one of the things I dislike about it is the loud gear whine. In GT7 you clearly hear the engine, which I prefer)
Track listing: GT7 (Way more tracks and configs)
Graphics: GT7 (way more solid and nicer colors and lighting)
Racing Ai: ACC (I wish GT had this AI)
Online: N/A, Haven't done any online in both games
Car variety: GT7
Replay value: GT7 (more content to go through)
Fun Factor: GT7 (mainly comes down to the FFB, and the presentation)

When update 1.13 hit GT7 I stopped playing it and later started playing ACC for a bit (on PS5). It didn't click, the game doesn't feel alive to me. I don't mean that in the sense of how much people play online, but just the atmosphere when you go through the menus or when you drive on track. The FFB is also way different from GT7, certainly more realistic, but it doesn't feel satisfying for me. The post 1.16 FFB on GT7 is worse than when it came out, but still feels better to me than ACC.

Sound: GT7 (ACC sounds realistic, but one of the things I dislike about it is the loud gear whine. In GT7 you clearly hear the engine, which I prefer)
Track listing: GT7 (Way more tracks and configs)
Graphics: GT7 (way more solid and nicer colors and lighting)
Racing Ai: ACC (I wish GT had this AI)
Online: N/A, Haven't done any online in both games
Car variety: GT7
Replay value: GT7 (more content to go through)
Fun Factor: GT7 (mainly comes down to the FFB, and the presentation)
Fair points. I really like GT7, but when I want to RACE, it’s ACC or nothing. GT7 has as much in common with racing as Uncharted has with rock climbing.

I tried ACC on PS5, as it's free in the Plus program.

I am kind of new in GT, played GT7 since it's launch (~ 250,000 km), plus under 100 hours in GTS.

I opened ACC twice, but returned GT7, because of:

• the driving wheel (a T300) feels too light (is there something I should set first?)
  • missing a "cafe" mode of GT7 to guiding me into the game
  • is there a "license" feature that I can learn to drive properly in ACC?
  • is there a track map I can turn on when racing?

Please help a complete ACC newbie to enjoy the game, from a GT7 background. Thanks for reading.

I tried ACC on PS5, as it's free in the Plus program.

I am kind of new in GT, played GT7 since it's launch (~ 250,000 km), plus under 100 hours in GTS.

I opened ACC twice, but returned GT7, because of:

• the driving wheel (a T300) feels too light (is there something I should set first?)
  • missing a "cafe" mode of GT7 to guiding me into the game
  • is there a "license" feature that I can learn to drive properly in ACC?
  • is there a track map I can turn on when racing?

Please help a complete ACC newbie to enjoy the game, from a GT7 background. Thanks for reading.
Check here for your wheel and button set ups and hopefully, answers to more of your questions https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/assetto-corsa-competizione.433/

There’s no licence feature, but you get ranked as you race.

When you start, you can choose Career. You’ll be using the Lamborghini Trofeo with some tasks to perform as you drive. You don’t have to continue doing the career, but if you want the feel of testing and joining a team, it’s an option.
There are some car set up options( with explanations) to choose from, before you start driving the Lamborghini.

The other thing you can do, is to jump into Practice. There, you can learn the characteristics of whatever car you choose and the circuit of your choice. Practicing is how you’ll learn which cars you prefer and of course the differences with each.

Last edited:
Gt7 by a countrymile for me, it has much more content, sure if you are a racing enthusiast acc is the one to go for, but as car enthusiast gt7 wins hands down in that aspect, i would feel zero fun factor with acc, i just want to jump in and drive and upgrade and customize cars i enjoy You can’t do that in acc, the only other ra i g game you can do that in the same sense with different cars is forza motorsport, but i prefer gt physics and car models, i so play forza as well, 2 of the best racing game franshises of all time

Back