Who in here prefers GT7 to ACC?

For me I like both games. I believe they are catered to different audiences which is cool. Both work well on a controller my only issue with ACC I cant use the right stick for gas/brake. GT7 is better if I want to just race but if I have time ACC is better

ACC on PC is a great sim, it's really a bummer seeing so many people complain about issues with the console version which the primary developers of the game do not care at all about.

Google recommended me a website reporting that GT7 was dropped by FIA and that it is a massive blow to Sony.

Needless to say, I clicked on the option to not have that site recommended again.

ACC on PC is a great sim, it's really a bummer seeing so many people complain about issues with the console version which the primary developers of the game do not care at all about.
That's where a bit of understanding comes into play Sure, the developer chose to offer the game on the inferior platform, but that's part of the caveat emptor. Many casual gamers may not know the pc performs better with these type games. I surely get it that spending $100 and it's not performing at its optimum, is a let down due to expectations.

However, those in those in this website, with as much info as members give, I knew what to expect diving in. Especially, having played Assetto Corsa. The hit is in graphics. The physics, to me, on a PS4 slim, using the DS4, are way better than AC. I accept that hit with the performance for a really good AI and overall racing challenge ACC provides.

As a side, I have AC on XBONE and on PS4. The XB1 controller feels better than the PS4 version. Graphics are exactly the same, even with both consoles on two different TVs(XB1 on the 36" 10yo Sony SmarTv and the PS4 on the 65" Sony 4k).

If I had to choose one or the other, I would choose GT7 because there's more to do.

Last edited:
ACC on PC for me. The driving experience, handling, and physics are the most important things for me when I play racing games. ACC completely blows GT7 out of the water in those aspects. A full, and most importantly, up-to-date GT3 & GT4 car roster is also a major plus. There's also a growing third-party multiplayer system called Low Fuel Motorsport which has pretty much replaced the CP system in-game. Overall, ACC gets a lot more right than wrong because it is focused on one thing, racing without all the fluff that GT7 has.

Last edited:
For me GT7 is the winner.

ACC is great in physics and handling, good in AI after the two first laps , sound, quite bugged (track ambience) since launch on "next gen"
FFB regular (original AC is way better).

That's the "strong" parts of ACC on console...

Let's go with the less good ones....AI (all of them) gets banned off races in career mode and championship mode/ bugs and issues in button mapping, game crashes...one single special event since months, competizione servers broken (stuck in box) CP rating system don't work since launch on old Gen, still not fixed on next Gen, little to none people on online, no ability to change driver abréviation,no visual light rain in cockpit view, no dynamic track surface working on most tracks and so on.....a real bugfest, for me cyberbug of simracing.

Kunos don't work on console version and don't care about console comunity, none of their eSports events is hosted on console, support is bad joke and console versions are near a year behind PC version.

Yeah, good for some single races offline or hotlaping....but i can't call it a competitive sim on console in any aspect.

On GT 7 at least things work better, Yes, less physics ,normal, cause it's a game focused towards all kind of people , online at least works ad with a quite big community and crossplay (ACC no), here you can save full replay's, FFB isn't the best but working, sounds are good for what it is, graphics way better than ACC, AI can be better for sure,but at least I can enjoy the game without suffering lots of issues and bugs.

If I want a better sim,i go for original AC, way better game than ACC (on console)
I was close to buying ACC for console but after reading about all the bugs and other issues I decided to keep my money in my pocket.

B80
Yeah thats a fair statement, although I don;t think you need to tweak loads of tuning **** in ACC tbh. Or there are decent services that provide tunes for each track/car combination if you prefer.

Was going to say 1.8 is coming to consoles end Q3 or Q4, but not sure about previous gen consoles...
Yeah, the default safe and aggressive setups are supposedly based on real-world setups and should be pretty decent, and I do look for other setups online. Call me lazy, but you’d still need to go through a myriad of menus to copy a setup on the console, and a lot times, it’s a hit or miss whether it’s a good setup or not due to differences between PC and console as well as the various revisions on both platforms.

I’m personally not happy that they abandoned the PS4/Xbox1 generation so quickly. I paid no less money for the game and all the DLC, and the PS5 is still out of reach for many people. The game is still very buggy (this is by far the buggiest game I’ve ever played on the console), and they should at least continue to address them IMO even if they can’t or don’t want to bring over the enhancements/features available on the PC version.

Yeah, the default safe and aggressive setups are supposedly based on real-world setups and should be pretty decent, and I do look for other setups online. Call me lazy, but you’d still need to go through a myriad of menus to copy a setup on the console, and a lot times, it’s a hit or miss whether it’s a good setup or not due to differences between PC and console as well as the various revisions on both platforms.

I’m personally not happy that they abandoned the PS4/Xbox1 generation so quickly. I paid no less money for the game and all the DLC, and the PS5 is still out of reach for many people. The game is still very buggy (this is by far the buggiest game I’ve ever played on the console), and they should at least continue to address them IMO even if they can’t or don’t want to bring over the enhancements/features available on the PC version.
Fair points. I signed up to 'Coach Dave' for a few pound a month where they publish tunes for each car, on each track - apparently regularly testing and updating.

Also get access to Discord group.

Noticed a few things, like some of the settings in Ps5 version don;t match up with PC version. I've only used BMW's so far and noticed that something like camber tune recommendation is 4.5, whereas on PS, only goes to 4.0... You can choose version 1.6 or 1.8 in Daves tune filter, but both list 4.5 for this car - seems odd that 1.7 would only go to 4.0??

What bugs are you seeing, I haven;t done too much to notice. The replays can be pretty choppy I've noticed...

What I find with ACC is that the steering motion in cockpit view looks unnatural. Very stiff and jerky which I find off putting. In GT7, it's smooth as silk. Maybe it's just a matter of adjusting the settings, I don't know....

What I find with ACC is that the steering motion in cockpit view looks unnatural. Very stiff and jerky which I find off putting. In GT7, it's smooth as silk. Maybe it's just a matter of adjusting the settings, I don't know....

I prefer just getting rid of the wheel in cockpit view, as using wheel myself anyway.

Yeah, driving without the wheel frees up vision of all the instruments. Which, being much closer in the field of view, is pricelse’s for us cockpit players.

B80
Fair points. I signed up to 'Coach Dave' for a few pound a month where they publish tunes for each car, on each track - apparently regularly testing and updating.

Also get access to Discord group.

Noticed a few things, like some of the settings in Ps5 version don;t match up with PC version. I've only used BMW's so far and noticed that something like camber tune recommendation is 4.5, whereas on PS, only goes to 4.0... You can choose version 1.6 or 1.8 in Daves tune filter, but both list 4.5 for this car - seems odd that 1.7 would only go to 4.0??

What bugs are you seeing, I haven;t done too much to notice. The replays can be pretty choppy I've noticed...
David Perel is a real life GT3 racer who also helps Kunos to develop/refine ACC, so his setups should be more legit than most of the other setups you'll find online, but the setup issue you described echoes what I was talking about regarding the differences between the platforms and the various revisions.

Btw, I found this channel on YT. The guy plays the PS version and has good setups that he shares at the end of his videos. He's very quick, too.

In terms of the bugs, the updated PS5 version may be more stable (I'm still on the PS4 Pro). I remember the game would just crash randomly, most notably during controller setup configuration/saving or just navigating around the menus, and I had to restart the game every time it crashed, which was really annoying.

I was a bit disappointed that in the PS4 (Pro) version of ACC you can not freely adjust the view. That was one of the things I wanted so bad, coming from GT with its nice to look at but in my opinion unusable cockpit view, forcing me to run with bumper cam exclusively.
ACC on PS4 only lets me choose dashboard view over the default. It's ok to play and much preferable over anything that contains wheel and hands but I'd rather set the FOV a little differently.

And yes its a bit of a let down that the old gen versions are left behind already. Not like you can just walk into a store and even pick up a PS5 at retail prices around here. 1.5 years and counting and this thing is still not readily available. It'll be old news by the time it can be found on the shelf. Unbe****ckinglievable.

Last edited:
B80
I prefer just getting rid of the wheel in cockpit view, as using wheel myself anyway.

Ah, I 'm using the PS5 controller so cockpit view is really a must for me. Particularly in racing games nowadays. I simply wouldn't purchase a racing game unless it offered cockpit view.

I love ACC and every part of it. I am big fan of FIA GT racing, and even in GT7 group 3 is my favourite class.
Driving model, car selection in ACC is just perfect for me. Some years ago I would say that I prefer ACC in every way.

But! My life became more complicated with each year passed. I am tired everyday after job, have less time for games, and want to have more time for family.
I love endurance racing and GT style racing but after full day of work my mind can't comprehend full complexity of ACC and its UI, if I play it i usually get disqualified because I entered pit to fast, or destroy my race because I went to wall when trying to adjust fuel map or TCS. This is when GT7 comes in. It gives me that "realistic enough to be belivable" feeling while having clean and simple UI. I can do those endurance races there without struggles of complex UI and everything. I just change fuel map with 2 clicks, tcs with 2 clicks on d-pad and I can easily select and choose tires and refuel while watching autopitstop.
GT7 is just better suited for my need right now. If ACC with it's geniuous driving model could get this easier UI and some things simplified then it would be the best game for me, but right now GT7 can give me those racing feels without sacrifice of daily life.

Last edited:
Playing on PC, I would give ACC the edge for graphics, and its frame rate is far superior to GT7's, I can get a solid 180fps now that they've added DLSS. GT7 on PC would be amazing, it runs like a lame dog on my PS4 Pro.

I don't particularly like the emphasis on car setup in ACC, with people paying for setups. GT7 has a large community of people willing to share setups for free.

Playing ACC with a controller I can't get anywhere near my wheel times, whereas with GT7 I can enjoy the game with a controller, which is more convenient.

Size of community is a huge factor, there just aren't many people discussing ACC here. I really enjoy being able to compare times for races with people, so we can all work together to work out which cars are good and bad for each race and how best to set them up. I actually think Wreckfest is arguably a better game than GT7, but again there's no buzz around it on here, and that makes playing it feel like a much more empty experience.

Playing on PC, I would give ACC the edge for graphics, and its frame rate is far superior to GT7's, I can get a solid 180fps now that they've added DLSS. GT7 on PC would be amazing, it runs like a lame dog on my PS4 Pro.

I don't particularly like the emphasis on car setup in ACC, with people paying for setups. GT7 has a large community of people willing to share setups for free.

Playing ACC with a controller I can't get anywhere near my wheel times, whereas with GT7 I can enjoy the game with a controller, which is more convenient.

Size of community is a huge factor, there just aren't many people discussing ACC here. I really enjoy being able to compare times for races with people, so we can all work together to work out which cars are good and bad for each race and how best to set them up. I actually think Wreckfest is arguably a better game than GT7, but again there's no buzz around it on here, and that makes playing it feel like a much more empty experience.

So good insights/posts by people today and throughout this thread... interesting read!

Funny enough after my 10 year gaming hiatus until last summer, the first racing game I played priors to fh5, then gt7 and acc was free on psn. I loved destruction derrby back in the ps1 days. Can't remember it too well now in terms of physics, but apart from tge unfortunate load times, thought it was a good game actually. Is wheel support any good with tge wreckfest?

@PirovacBoy is pc2 any good on ps5? I know it's not new gen optimized, but hear some saying it is/was a top sim... decent physics, tuning and career mode. I notice you've played it recently in your psn profile. Assume pc1 too dated and pc3 for some reason is regarded as mediocre.

Last edited:
I love ACC and every part of it. I am big fan of FIA GT racing, and even in GT7 group 3 is my favourite class.
Driving model, car selection in ACC is just perfect for me. Some years ago I would say that I prefer ACC in every way.

But! My life became more complicated with each year passed. I am tired everyday after job, have less time for games, and want to have more time for family.
I love endurance racing and GT style racing but after full day of work my mind can't comprehend full complexity of ACC and its UI, if I play it i usually get disqualified because I entered pit to fast, or destroy my race because I went to wall when trying to adjust fuel map or TCS. This is when GT7 comes in. It gives me that "realistic enough to be belivable" feeling while having clean and simple UI. I can do those endurance races there without struggles of complex UI and everything. I just change fuel map with 2 clicks, tcs with 2 clicks on d-pad and I can easily select and choose tires and refuel while watching autopitstop.
GT7 is just better suited for my need right now. If ACC with it's geniuous driving model could get this easier UI and some things simplified then it would be the best game for me, but right now GT7 can give me those racing feels without sacrifice of daily life.

Yeah does seem like you need to be focused, in right frame of mind more than the more middle of road or arcadey racers.

Was that playing online or v cpu?

Can imagine you have to live and breath it more, optimize settings etc if online v cpu, as super serious/competitive with less margin for error.

B80
Yeah does seem like you need to be focused, in right frame of mind more than the more middle of road or arcadey racers.

Was that playing online or v cpu?

Can imagine you have to live and breath it more, optimize settings etc if online v cpu, as super serious/competitive with less margin for error.
actually both, but from some time I do play online less then used to.

B80
is pc2 any good on ps5? I know it's not new gen optimized, but hear some saying it is/was a top sim... decent physics, tuning and career mode. I notice you've played it recently in your psn profile. Assume pc1 too dated and pc3 for some reason is regarded as mediocre.
Project Cars 2 is VERY Good on PS5.
Honestly, it’s the best overall Racing SIM on Console and it IS optimized on PS5.
It’s got decent Graphics considering its age, the Car Sounds are gorgeous and most importantly the Physics are very good.
The Track List is astronomically huge with Tracks GT7 or ACC can only dream of.
The Wheel Settings are superb and the driving feels phenomenally immersive. Lots of informative Feedback and with a DD Wheelbase it’s just awesome and pure joy.
The Custom Race Settings are 10/10.
It’s got everything I wish GT7 would have.
The AI is VERY competitive and can be set up individually by Pace/Aggressiveness.
The Career Mode is entertaining with lots of Variety.
And most importantly the Online Part and Lobbies in General are very clean and competitive.
The downside is not many people play it anymore, at least not the Casual Players but the ones playing it on a regular Basis are all very good and respectful.
The best thing though is that you can grab it for a Bargain. I think 20€ ?! Not sure but the Value you‘ll get is outstanding.
For me personally Project Cars 2 but also 1 have got everything I’d wish GT7 would have.
It’s a Masterpiece of a Racing Game on Console and in my opinion, NOTHING comes close to the overall experience.
Get it. Trust me, if you like Racing Games it’s a Must Have Title on Console. Even nowadays it smokes 99.9% of all its Competitors With ease.

Honestly, it’s the best overall Racing SIM on Console and it IS optimized on PS5.
It’s got decent Graphics considering its age, the Car Sounds are gorgeous and most importantly the Physics are very good.
The Wheel Settings are superb and the driving feels phenomenally immersive. Lots of informative Feedback and with a DD Wheelbase it’s just awesome and pure joy.
The AI is VERY competitive and can be set up individually by Pace/Aggressiveness.
And most importantly the Online Part and Lobbies in General are very clean and competitive.
The downside is not many people play it anymore, at least not the Casual Players but the ones playing it on a regular Basis are all very good and respectful.
The best thing though is that you can grab it for a Bargain. I think 20€ ?! Not sure but the Value you‘ll get is outstanding.
For me personally Project Cars 2 but also 1 have got everything I’d wish GT7 would have.
It’s a Masterpiece of a Racing Game on Console and in my opinion, NOTHING comes close to the overall experience.
Get it. Trust me, if you like Racing Games it’s a Must Have Title on Console. Even nowadays it smokes 99.9% of all its Competitors With ease.
How much adjusting for controller usage on PS5

Gosh, high praise indeed then!

I will certainly give it a try on the back of that.

Yiu can dl demo, the full game 6 pound, the deluxe contains everything currently reduced to only 10 until early July. Will give it a go, cheers!

Scrap that, demo ps4 only. Bought the deluxe version...

Last edited:
B80

Yiu can dl demo, the full game 6 pound, the deluxe contains everything currently reduced to only 10 until early July. Will give it a go, cheers!

Personally the praise is a bit OTT but if you love it, you love it, nothing wrong with that.

Not been on it in a while but for me it's the ideal "what if" simulator, what if the Indy 500 was ran in heavy snow? What if we ran touring cars at the old monza oval, at midnight? It has so many tracks, series and options that you really can just throw your wildest dreams or nightmares at it and see what happens.

Chaos is usually the answer to the question.

B80

For a 10er 😮 Man you made the snapper of the Year.
I paid 20€ for the Deluxe Edition and it was worth every Cent X10
It’s the most complete Racing Game on Console, I know you have a DD Pro.
If you need some help setting up the FFB…who you gonna call… 😅

For a 10er 😮 Man you made the snapper of the Year.
I paid 20€ for the Deluxe Edition and it was worth every Cent X10
It’s the most complete Racing Game on Console, I know you have a DD Pro.
If you need some help setting up the FFB…who you gonna call… 😅
cheers mate.

is the csl dd at top still recommended (comp mode)

There is no doubt that ACC is an excellent game at what it sets out to do.

However even with a broken economy there is still far more things to do in GT7, way more cars to try and tracks to drive, so I play it far more often.

Last edited:
Back