Who in here prefers GT7 to ACC?

GT7 has great graphics and nothing more. The absolutely most fundamental aspect in any car-game is the car-physics. GT7 is among the worst I`ve ever tryed here sadly, and then add the lack of tuning-options like the very basic need to be able to upgrade tire width.

I’d say both are different games. GT7 is a game about cars and driving them as fast as you can around real and mythical tracks with gorgeous visuals, ACC is a racing game with real racing cars, tracks and close to real physics and its not trying to be anything else for that reason.

If I’m up for racing for a few hours on my rig I jump to ACC put AI level and aggression UP so that I can barely keep up with them and nervously concentrate on driving every lap as perfectly as possible.

However if I want some few quick laps, nice music with visuals and Nordschleife I go to GT7 and enjoy 30-40 minutes pleasant drive looking at sunset at that.

So to say why compare the games? One is the “Real Driving Simulator” the other one is not, thus they serve different purpose and although are a same genre, the target audiences are different GT7 is a mass market game, ACC is a “shave that 0.003 seconds of a laptime” game.

Good example would be when we have guests at home, people see the rig and ask if they may try, I always give them GT7 and ACC to try, and I always here the same GT7 is more real and has better physics and wheel ffb feels better, while ACC is a potato of a racing game, cause they can’t drive into a corner without spinning or crashing.

So to sum it up based on my experience:

Sound: GT7 overall, engine sounds goes to ACC
Track listing: ACC real tracks, real curbs.
Graphics: GT7
Racing AI: ACC
Online: Both are crap, I prefer single player with hard difficulty.
Tire model: ACC
Realism: ACC
Car variety: GT7
Replay value: ACC
Frame rate: ACC (solid 60FPS)
Fun Factor: GT7, as there’s no fun in ACC just stress.

ACC is far superior in every aspect apart from graphics and car roster. The driving experience, which is the most important element, is incomparable. I love GT7 and have played next to nothing else since it launched, but for driving ACC is in a different league.

To be fair, those who prefer Simcade will pick the F1, Gran Turismo & Forza Motorsport series because they feature a more forgiving driving physics/handling model, A.I opponents, better controller pad optimization, and more eye-candied graphics.

Those who prefer hardcore sim racing will pick Assetto Corsa Competizione, iRacing, rFactor 2 & Automobilista 2 because they feature less forgiving driving physics/handling model, more challenging AI, tactics, and better racing wheel optimization.

Last edited:
I do, but only because ACC is so focused. The main thing I go back to ACC for is the AI, otherwise GT7 has done a great job of capturing the "rawness" of GT3 racing this time around

I think some people might think that people prefer forza motorsport and gran turismo just becouse they are easier to get into but thats not case for me, there is so much both gran turismo and forza motorsport offers that are not in acc,
Acc has no road cars available and gran turismo and forza is the only title that feature a big roster of different cars
No upgrade or customization system,
No sense of progression for unlocking or buying cars, i prefer gt7 to acc not becouse of physics but becouse of cars it offers and the abillity to upgrade and customize, that is a most feature in my eyes, otherwise i don’t find the racing game enjoyable in the longrun

I've bounced between both, Sports Mode seduced me back to mainly GT7 the past few weeks, although since penalty system seems to have pretty much disappeared, I haven;t played Sports mode for a few days now, but I'm enjoying usign various Praiano tunes for all sorts of cars and races.

As has been mentioned ACC is 'free' now with playstation + premium tier, although assume may have to pay extra for the 3 or 4 dlc packs/? Still, I only paid around £12 in Ps store sale the other month, then within hours bought the packs for around £40ish total...

ACC 'feel' is incredible, ffb is another dimension. 1st 30 mins or so took some adapting, but once it clicked I recall thinking 'wow, this is a phenomenal experience'. Menu's are a bit more clunky, lacks a bit of polish compared to gt7 sheen, but who cares when the driving is good. I ended up doing loads of laps over and over at Brands Hatch (you kind of have to do a mini intro, passing tests like doing clean laps, push the car more aggressively etc before it opens up more of the game. All the sounds, car bouncing around and even the team mate in the pit giving feedback over the radio at end of each lap adds to the occasion.

You can toggle AI cars performance/difficulty from 1 to 100, also 'aggressiveness' scale too... so its really granular, you can incrementally change the setting as you get faster, or reduce it if trying new car or track. I had perception it would be difficult to get anywhere from stuff I was hearing, but with the safe tune,

Also a massive + for ACC is cockpit view (with or without a wheel visible), where you can change FOV and a load of other settings to get it spot on for exactly how you want it. Or you can use a FOV calc online which advises optimimum settings, depending on distance you sit from screen, size of screen etc.

I can understand why some think/say its complicated, but from googling around, you don;t need to worry about much apart from getting view setup, wheel ffb and the odd straight forward option. The cars come with a safe and a aggressive tune, both of which are absolutely fine, the aggressive tune can get you strong times. There are websites which advise optimum tyre pressures/temps for each car/circuit and full tunes for each circuit. TCS ABS options/parameters vary from car to car and are based on real life setup. Some cars have 2 tcs settings. one is for how quickly tcs kicks in and the other for how aggressive it is once it does... again, apparently based on real life.

Gist I got was that the default tunes are absolutely fine for most, and its only when trying to get final few tenths out of lap times, tuning becomes more important. Much more to be gained by spending time with the car on the track.

Cars feel more closer to 'real' behaviour in my opinion. wHen you spin or make mistake you kind of know why, whereas in gt some cars behaviour just seems unpredictable/out of the blue.

I haven;t tried career mode, sounds kind of interesting/weird, with random races, challenges... not sure if they change each career you start. Need to look a bit closer. I usually prefer racing in games, but ACC is really engrossing, rewarding, just lapping over and over by yourself. Feel really immersed in it, get into a rythym/state of flow and just driving alone is a good experience tbh. I've pretty much only used Brands Hatch on the game and BMW Gt3 and 4 cars and have enjoyed just lapping race with them on the one track, which prior to ACC, is not how I've ever played racing/car games, preferring to try loads of cars and races ASAP.

Last edited:
I had made a thread about what if GT Sport were just Gr.3. The way that game is, it could have possibly worked better as a stand alone race car focused game. GT7 has everything GT Sport could have had, with the way features were added.
The tuning and such, wasn’t even necessary. I definitely was accepting to pass on Sport. I understood about the online aspect and would wait for the next GT. Of course, that didn’t happen and we got the GT League events.

For me to be a solo player and jumping in with the ease of Sport Mode, it made me a believer. The competition aspect was ramped up from GT6. No doubt Sport Mode got worse right during COVID, but I got why online multi-players preferred that way to play.

I did the one Sport Mode GR Cup race this year as my only Sport Mode event. Let my PS+ expire and haven’t wanted to race humans in GT7, since I have Custom Race to use. That’s the beauty of ACC as well. The tools are available for perfect solo play bliss.

I’m only interested in online racing. I want to give ACC ps5 a chance but if there’s no online racing as everyone keeps saying then there’s no point. Is it really that bad? To say I’m fed up with the state of gt7 is an understatement so I wouldn’t take much convincing.

Haven't been online with ACC chief, wouldn;t surprise me if it was dead on console as pretty niche game isn;t it, that probably needs a wheel and not sure if x platform online, as performance differences between ps4 and 5 Can;t imagine many casual players would randomly buy it and start racing online after getting your safety level up to required amount. Not the sort of game that many would have even heard of I suspect, outside of racing/sim racing enthusiasts.

Maybe it will increase now its free on with ps+ premium, but as niche, still not convinced it will see significant pickup. Maybe will get better once ps5's are actually easy to buy.

Also, not sure if it was pc or ps version, but when I was researching sims the other week, many were alluding to some version of ACC having fair share of idiots online and coupled with the way races are scheduled and safety ratings, many preferring iracing as best online experience... obviously on pc only.

Last edited:
Wow! No Nordshleife!?
That's a no sale for me then.
Maybe pick it up in the future on PS5 if basic common sense ever makes more available.

Yep, they;ve confirmed the circuit won;t be included, think I read it on here that one of the mods or site owners spoke to devs who confirmed that. I believe due to it not being part of the Gr3 or 4 circus IRL...

B80
Yep, they;ve confirmed the circuit won;t be included, think I read it on here that one of the mods or site owners spoke to devs who confirmed that. I believe due to it not being part of the Gr3 or 4 circus IRL...
I prematurely criticised it lol and I'm a massive hypocrite 😂 ....I now own both AC and ACC!
I understand now what ACC is all about from your post and others in this thread.

What I've played of AC (including Nordshleife! 😁) impressed me enough to immediately buy ACC too.

I think i will be buying ac on pc for all the crazy mods you can do with it, i don’t care for acc through, might be good to have something fun in the maintime to while gt7 building up content

I prematurely criticised it lol and I'm a massive hypocrite 😂 ....I now own both AC and ACC!
I understand now what ACC is all about from your post and others in this thread.

What I've played of AC (including Nordshleife! 😁) impressed me enough to immediately buy ACC too.

are you playing it on PC or PS4/5? AC is limited to 30fps isn;t it on console? How are you finding it?

B80
are you playing it on PC or PS4/5? AC is limited to 30fps isn;t it on console? How are you finding it?
PS4 Pro.
Not had any issues so far, currently doing the start of the Career thing at Monza...perfectly smooth so far.

Those sounds though 😳😍

PS4 Pro.
Not had any issues so far, currently doing the start of the Career thing at Monza...perfectly smooth so far.

Those sounds though 😳
Pretty sure AC is 60FPS. I know ACC is 60FPS on PS5.
Excellent, turns out AC is locked 60fps on ps5 and 'target' 60fps on Ps pro. 1080p on both, whereas ACC is 4k following the 1.7 update earlier in the year...

Cool, I need to take a closer look at career mode soon. Apparently you can save during races on pc, I assume that option is available on ps, particularly when doing 24 hour spa race...

B80
Excellent, turns out AC is locked 60fps on ps5 and 'target' 60fps on Ps pro. 1080p on both, whereas ACC is 4k following the 1.7 update earlier in the year...

Cool, I need to take a closer look at career mode soon. Apparently you can save during races on pc, I assume that option is available on ps, particularly when doing 24 hour spa race...
You can save mid race on console, and you can even choose how long the race is. Race 2 is a 3 hour race at Monza, but you can do various increments such as 15m, 30m, 1h, 2h, 3h. The fact you can save mid race means you can do the full 3h race on your own time. I will usually play 90m at a time and then come back to finish later. Longer races are amazing because you get lapped cars and a load of strategy. Multiple mandatory pit stops also adds to the fun.

Could someone familiar with ACC share a first person view of online race on YouTube similar to the following one, for comparison?

Off track meaning what? The UI?
Meaning everything else. ACC is very good to drive and the sound is amazing, but then lacks on everything else. The main issue I have with the game is the lack of a robust online mode. The CP races were a good idea but was poorly implemented and supported. If you’re on PC you can circumvent this if you go outside the game and look for a league or daily races, but you shouldn’t have to. And if you’re on console, like I am, this is not possible or the options are scarce.

IMO GT7 is not just between simulation and arcade. It's definitely closer to sim

Seriously, when I bring my Ferrari 330 P4 to Nordshleife for timelap, playing with a decent rig with no assists whatsoever and with the moving cockpit view on. This is just madness, pure joy. Exactly the kind of racing experience I want in a game.

And that engine sound in 8000 revs, omg

I've tested ACC once on PC and never went back to it. Probably because I can't do what I explained before.

Just a matter of taste I suppose.

IMO GT7 is not just between simulation and arcade. It's definitely closer to sim

Seriously, when I bring my Ferrari 330 P4 to Nordshleife for timelap, playing with a decent rig with no assists whatsoever and with the moving cockpit view on. This is just madness, pure joy. Exactly the kind of racing experience I want in a game.

And that engine sound in 8000 revs, omg

I've tested ACC once on PC and never went back to it. Probably because I can't do what I explained before.

Just a matter of taste I suppose.
Cars in real life don’t perform like they do in GT games. They’re fun games, but they defy physics.

I don’t prefer one over the other. I enjoy each for what it is. Each has its pluses and minuses. However, I do prefer the simulation aspects (which is probably the most important factor for me) of ACC more. Sometimes I wish GT has the physics engine of ACC (or other hardcore sims like rFactor 2, iRacing, Automobilista 2, or RaceRoom), but the way I see it, GT does a good job of simulating driving under perfect conditions most of the time, and that’s fine by me, as I don’t have a ton of time tweaking and trying different setups to deal with changing temperatures, tire pressures/grip, fuel loads, wind speed/direction, etc. :P

Now if only Kunos/505/d3t would continue to update/patch the PS4/Xbox1 version of ACC….

I don’t prefer one over the other. I enjoy each for what it is. Each has its pluses and minuses. However, I do prefer the simulation aspects (which is probably the most important factor for me) of ACC more. Sometimes I wish GT has the physics engine of ACC (or other hardcore sims like rFactor 2, iRacing, Automobilista 2, or RaceRoom), but the way I see it, GT does a good job of simulating driving under perfect conditions most of the time, and that’s fine by me, as I don’t have a ton of time tweaking and trying different setups to deal with changing temperatures, tire pressures/grip, fuel loads, wind speed/direction, etc. :P

Now if only Kunos/505/d3t would continue to update/patch the PS4/Xbox1 version of ACC….

Yeah thats a fair statement, although I don;t think you need to tweak loads of tuning **** in ACC tbh. Or there are decent services that provide tunes for each track/car combination if you prefer.

Was going to say 1.8 is coming to consoles end Q3 or Q4, but not sure about previous gen consoles...

I would say GT presents the fantasy of driving. With all the trimmings of great sound, solid (enough) feedback and graphics. The handling is close enough to realism to be immersive yet dialled in to give the player the feeling they're a better driver / player than they are. It's fully intentional and a great combination.

ACC is completely grounded in realism which can make it difficult to switch between them often as each one takes some getting used to after playing the other but ACC is all about the race over the driving and is very immersive as well, even against the AI you feel like you're one driver among many and that's a very attractive experience. Gaining positions is rewarding as is managing your car through a long endurance race.

They scratch different itches IMO while crossing over at some points, it just depends what you're looking to do on that particular day, no reason why you shouldn't enjoy both games though.

For me GT7 is the winner.

ACC is great in physics and handling, good in AI after the two first laps , sound, quite bugged (track ambience) since launch on "next gen"
FFB regular (original AC is way better).

That's the "strong" parts of ACC on console...

Let's go with the less good ones....AI (all of them) gets banned off races in career mode and championship mode/ bugs and issues in button mapping, game crashes...one single special event since months, competizione servers broken (stuck in box) CP rating system don't work since launch on old Gen, still not fixed on next Gen, little to none people on online, no ability to change driver abréviation,no visual light rain in cockpit view, no dynamic track surface working on most tracks and so on.....a real bugfest, for me cyberbug of simracing.

Kunos don't work on console version and don't care about console comunity, none of their eSports events is hosted on console, support is bad joke and console versions are near a year behind PC version.

Yeah, good for some single races offline or hotlaping....but i can't call it a competitive sim on console in any aspect.

On GT 7 at least things work better, Yes, less physics ,normal, cause it's a game focused towards all kind of people , online at least works ad with a quite big community and crossplay (ACC no), here you can save full replay's, FFB isn't the best but working, sounds are good for what it is, graphics way better than ACC, AI can be better for sure,but at least I can enjoy the game without suffering lots of issues and bugs.

If I want a better sim,i go for original AC, way better game than ACC (on console)

Back