Who in here prefers GT7 to ACC?

B80
cheers mate.

is the csl dd at top still recommended (comp mode)

Yep, compatibility Mode. Otherwise the Wheel acts crazy in the Menues.
Other than that it’s the same as in native mode.
It doesn’t feel different once you finally made it on track 😅

Just for anyone who hasn’t ventured to the ACC thread or seen this track.

It’s a venue that should be visited for any player.

I saw this thread a while back but never got around to posting.

Downloaded ACC while it was free on PSN and my initial impression was very positive. The honeymoon was soon over once I paid attention to my lap times. Watching replays, I noticed I rarely reached/maintained 100% brake pressure.

I'm on a G29 and accustomed to the pressure required for max braking on Gran Turismo sport/ 7 but ACC requires so much more. I found myself needing to focus more braking than hitting the apexes. I was unable to find anywhere to calibrate the pedals which seems unusual epically on a game that is also for PC.

Are all G29 users (with stock pedals) on PS4/5 is experiencing the same thing?
It's disappointing something so simple can prevent me from enjoying what I'm sure is a very good game.

Any chance this issue will be addressed in a future game update or are there other solutions available?

Haven't played ACC but I do like my motorsports and I my cars obviously. So introducing a bit more inspiration to how motorsports is formatted in may fav racing franchise would be amazing (if this is what the OP is getting at?). Talking about the usual culprits, the ability to qualify, row grids, longer races, multiclass racing with better A.I. -which hopefully SOPHY can bring at least if it does come- and larger grids. An extra 10 cars for a maximum would be amazing. The no. 30 merely because that's the most I've seen on track in this franchise, and know it can be done.

GT Sport gave me the impression it was an instalment designed to push the franchises boundaries, to better itself. That's what I continue to believe. So it's still disappointing to see how much GT7 got things wrong.

I always thought though if there is a platform that exists that can pull of the balance that harmonises racing enthusiasm and car culture /collecting it's got to be Gran Tursimo. However I have to admit, although I've never played any Forza games either, they seem to have got it down to a T, well at least it seems they make a better attempt. But the grass is always greener too eh?

Haven't played ACC but I do like my motorsports and I my cars obviously. So introducing a bit more inspiration to how motorsports is formatted in may fav racing franchise would be amazing (if this is what the OP is getting at?). Talking about the usual culprits, the ability to qualify, row grids, longer races, multiclass racing with better A.I. -which hopefully SOPHY can bring at least if it does come- and larger grids. An extra 10 cars for a maximum would be amazing. The no. 30 merely because that's the most I've seen on track in this franchise, and know it can be done.

GT Sport gave me the impression it was an instalment designed to push the franchises boundaries, to better itself. That's what I continue to believe. So it's still disappointing to see how much GT7 got things wrong.

I always thought though if there is a platform that exists that can pull of the balance that harmonises racing enthusiasm and car culture /collecting it's got to be Gran Tursimo. However I have to admit, although I've never played any Forza games either, they seem to have got it down to a T, well at least it seems they make a better attempt. But the grass is always greener too eh?

Do you have a PS5 and a wheel? That has next gen update for ACC and is free for certain tiers of PS Subscriptions... certainly worth a look if you#re into you motorsport. Kind of strangely, I'm not, but really enjoy ACC. You can set AI driver level and aggressiveness from 1 to 100, field of view settings etc and the FFB is out of this world, to be honest.

Not quite as polished as GT7 and sounds like online (if thats your thing) is sparse but certainly worth a go.

I prefer GT7 above ACC, but also GT Sport, Pcars 1& 2 and original AC above ACC.

ACC is great in physics , quite worse in FFB than original AC, But ACC on console, Wich isn't developed by Kunos simulazione, is full of bugs and issues, afecing single player career mode, championship mode, online,parts of rating system that don't work, button mapping issues ...and list goes on and on...a real bugfest, Wich is a shame, cause it's a game with huge potential.

Worse is that kunos don't care about the console comunity and versions, and that the support is really bad.
Only good for some single races (not on every track,as AI goes crazy at starts of some of them) and a bit of "hotlaping".

GT7 is in a better overall shape and with 2 updates every month,one fixing, other adding content and fixing.

Original AC (best FFB on console) and the 2 Pcars are even in better shape than ACC (less bugs and issues) and really a joy to play.
GT Sport is good , but coming towards end of support

Been watching a few Live YT stream and they been dipping into ACC a few times. As result of watching this I bought ACC for the PS5 a few days.

Been playing ACC now for a few days and the game has some strong points and some weaknesses compared to GT7.
My review is based on GT3 cars (as I don’t have the GT4 DLC), Games modes/online & content, and playing on a sim wheel.

Driving - ACC - The driving physics are so much better on ACC. The cars drive so much better and you feel more realism. It’s such a nice experience.
Also one thing I do like is the fact the car will only do what is physically possible. You can’t downshift to 1st going 80mph like you can in GT7. You have to slow the cars speed before you can downshift.

Tyres - Draw - ACC has the better tyre model, but then GT7 has better tyre choices and tyre wear.
GT7 you have much wider choice of racing tyres (soft, mediums, hard, inter & wets), ACC you only have the pick of drys or wets.
Tyre temps and tyre pressures are key on ACC. If tyre are cold or too hot you can feel the grip levels drops, and it’s the same with tyre pressures. GT7 if tyres are cold you don’t really feel the grip lose too much.
Tyre wear GT7 I think is better. You can feel when the tyres are dropping off more than ACC. ACC I feel like the tyres grip longer but i dont think they is an actual wear indicator and it all judged on pressures and temps to judge the wear (I might be wrong on this)
I prefer the ACC tyre system.

Brakes - ACC - Brake temps and brake wear. GT7 brakes last all day long.

Tuning/Car Setup - Draw - I’m not great at car setups and I do prefer the GT7s model of picking a car, jumping in it and away you go. ACC you do need to learn some basic setup changes (especially tyres) to get them quick lap times.
ACC would win this category if I knew how to tune or understood more of the changes I need to make.

Customization - GT7 - Ive not really checked with GT3 cars on GT7 but I assume you can purchase car upgrades in the GT Auto Shop? I know in ACC you cant do any car modification apart from some basic set livery editing. GT7 you have a wide range of editing choices and make your own liveries and sponsors.

Damage - Draw - Both games have car damage, but GT7 seems to only want to use weak damage that repairs after 30seconds. ACC you can set the damage amount but the damage is permanent.
I prefer the ACC damage.

Single Player - GT7 - Think GT7 edges it really. Both games offer different single player modes but GT7 has the edge due to the verity of cars/tracks.

Track & Cars - GT7 - Easy GT7.
Tracks you have more choice thanks to the fictional track and then the extra layouts at the real life tracks. Nurburgring only has the GP track on ACC, no Nordschleife or the 24hr layout.
Cars again GT7. More choice on GT3 cars and then you have road cars, Gr2 & Gr1 cars.

AI - ACC - Hands down one of the best features on the game. You can set the difficult of the AI and also set the aggression to of the AI. This has made the single player racing amazing. The AI are set to a level that match my pace and the aggression is set to medium to high which allows a great battles as they defend corners and will dive for gaps. (I have been punted on the last lap by P2). The fact the AI are competitive makes playing single player mode really enjoyabl.

Online - GT7 - Unfortunately they are not many online players on ACC (Unless I’ve been on at the wrong times). I don’t think they are daily races like GT7 as one online mode needs the DLC which I don’t have.
GT7 online community is better with the official GTWS series, Daily Races, and the popularity transferring over from YT and GT Sport.

Graphics - GT7 - GT7 graphics are so much more polished then ACC.

Weather - GT7 - GT7 just edges it. Think ACC has better wet weather, but GT7 has better dry conditions and night driving.

Sound - ACC - The noise is just incredible on ACC. Engine sounds are much more throaty, gearbox changes are punchy and tyre squeal is better. GT7 tyre squeal for me is over exaggerating.

Forcefeed Back - Draw - I’m only a G29 user, but I find both are better in some areas than others.
Track/straight lines on ACC you feel all the bumps in the track surface, the curbs and grass. On GT7 you get some track surface feedback but it feels weak compared to ACC, and the curbs and grass are maybe about the same on GT7/ACC.
Cornering on ACC is a bit weak compared to GT7.

Scores - GT7 5, ACC 4, Draw 4

Overall - I enjoy both games for different reasons. If I could mash some of ACC and GT7 together I would. ACC is more of a hardcore racing game directed more to those people who love proper sim racing. GT7 is more chilled out that is directed to sim racers and your casual racers. ACCs biggest problem is the PC version of the game. More people will be attracted to this version as they are more mods available, a online racing league (LFM) and updates are more frequent on PC. If GT7 was a cross platform game, GT7 would have the same struggles that ACC has in trying to convince proper sim racers to switch to PS5.

Which game do I prefer - ……… I would have to go with GT7. Think GT7 edges it for me overall. It’s that simple of ease in just picking up the game and start driving, plus the online feature is big draw for me too.

Tuning/Car Setup - Draw - I’m not great at car setups and I do prefer the GT7s model of picking a car, jumping in it and away you go. ACC you do need to learn some basic setup changes (especially tyres) to get them quick lap times.
ACC would win this category if I knew how to tune or understood more of the changes I need to make.
ACC certainly delves into the deep end regarding setups. For me, I'm the kind of person who will jump right in and spend hours fiddling with this kind of stuff. I send a lot of time customizing my setups in GT7 and probably would in ACC if I were playing it.

Personally, I think GT7 is just deep enough to keep me happy but I would like it to be more so. .....like the tire pressures, temperatures and wear (center & edges) for instance. In GT7 I do like that can apply some of my basic mechanical knowledge to an extent when tinkering with camber, toe, etc. ....I say "to an extent" given GT7's limitations as a game compared to reality.

ACC has a lot going for it in regard to specifically what it is. .....GT7 is just more inclusive in regard to what it covers.

I bought AC Ultimate for my PS4 a while back and although I liked it, it didn't stay on my hard drive. IIRC, I bouncing between that and Project Cars 2 until eventually I bought GT Sport on discount long after it's initial release.

I enjoy GT3 racing but I won't be buying ACC anytime soon. I'll likely wait until an "Ultimate" edition arrives with all the DLC bundled into one release. I have an aversion to titles that sell additional content like this but that's just me. GT7's MTX system doesn't bother me (I even prefer it over paid DLC like in AC / ACC) but I do think the in-game economy needs a lot of work.

....so I may end up buying ACC or maybe I'll wait to see if the new AC will tie the best of both worlds (AC and ACC) into one game. Of course, it will also depend on how they will deal with future content in that game as well.

I do wish GT7 was as dedicated to an authentic GT racing experience as ACC.

Customization - GT7 - Ive not really checked with GT3 cars on GT7 but I assume you can purchase car upgrades in the GT Auto Shop? I know in ACC you cant do any car modification apart from some basic set livery editing. GT7 you have a wide range of editing choices and make your own liveries and sponsors.
You can't really buy upgrades in GT7 either for GT cars. ....aside from tires, forced induction options and perhaps one or two other things but you are heavily restricted.

I’ve been playing games since the original NES days. Never owned a gaming PC, so I haven’t played iRacing.

ACC is the first legit simulation I have ever played on a console. If you have a wheel + pedal setup, ACC is as good as it gets (better on PC, but this post is in regards to console racing)

I have played every GT game to death. Bought every one at launch, and really enjoyed it for what it is. GT7 is probably more fun to casually drive, but ACC is really rewarding when you get an entire lap just right. The racing in ACC is in another Galaxy from GT7, but GT7 is no doubt a better “game”.

Sound: ACC
Track listing: ACC
Sense of speed: GT7
Graphics: GT7
Racing Ai: ACC
Online: Tie (ACC is dead)
Tire model: ACC
Realism: ACC
Car variety: GT7 (obviously)
Replay value: Tie
Frame rate: GT7
Fun Factor: Tie (ACC more rewarding and GT7 is way easier to pick up and play)

It’s a bit of a shame, since GT7 gets so much right, but it’s purely a simcade. Playing ACC has made me want way more from GT7, but I know it is not meant to be a sim and never will be. No console racing game has the name, the budget or the graphics of GT7. If they turned it into a game with legit Ai and real racing, it would be unbeatable. IRacing gets by based on realism. The graphics are subpar, but the racing is the main draw.

Just curious who else in here plays both and wishes for a little ACC magic in GT7 shiny coat of paint.
I just bought ACC few days ago. I definitely agree with you except the sense of speed. I enjoy ACC more than GT7. Maybe because I'm more in to gt series. I always missed the tyre temps in gt. But somehow I'm much slower in ACC than in gt. Like a lot slower. 12 sec in Belgium. If ACC would be able to use the gamepad properly on ps5 I would say that's the clear winner except the graphics. Car settings during race is much easier in gt7 at the moment

I just bought ACC few days ago. I definitely agree with you except the sense of speed. I enjoy ACC more than GT7. Maybe because I'm more in to gt series. I always missed the tyre temps in gt. But somehow I'm much slower in ACC than in gt. Like a lot slower. 12 sec in Belgium. If ACC would be able to use the gamepad properly on ps5 I would say that's the clear winner except the graphics. Car settings during race is much easier in gt7 at the moment

But i would say the 2 games are vastly different so hard to campare them, acc have no road cars no options to customize or upgrade your cars either, if you are going to enjoy acc you need to have a wheel, on gamepad gt7 is far superior,
If we are talking proper sims i prefer ac becouse it has mods, but i would not consider either on consoles, pc is what their games are at, i still prefer gt7 over both as it allows me with more freedom

You didn't mention force feedback.

In GT7, it bothers me a lot to go over the curbs and not feel the vibration in the steering wheel.

By the way, the curbs serve exactly to trip the steering wheel, warning the pilot that he is on the edge of the track.

Last edited:
The curbs in GT7 feel fantastic to me.

Logitech G Pro.
In-game vibration set to 50 or above.
Trueforce Audio set to 60-80.
FFB filter dialled back to 5 to allow finer vibrations through (it's basically a lowpass filter).

Can't speak for other wheels, but in my case I definitely had to use a combination of in-game vibration and Trueforce Audio settings in the right balance. Each contributes a lot to curb and understeer vibrations.

Last edited:
There is nothing better than GT series for the last 25 years on PS platform.

GT is more close to AC than to the ACC, but AC is rather old already, it has no proper PS5 support also the PS4 port is not very good and practically is even more broken for PS platform than ACC on PS5. I have them both for PS but don't play them because of this.

Note that, I also play AC and ACC but on PC very actively. I won't make comparison to the GT, they are just different and I enjoy them all in a different way.

Last edited:
Well, ACC is the only real simulator available on consoles.
It's very good on it proposes to do, that is simulation of GT3 and GT4 racing. The car physics and handling is very praised even comparing with iRacing by real world racers. It's hardcore, amazing and e very poor on everything else. Almost from the start, to my surprise, never took of online, because that's the way it should be played. Never was designed to be played as an offline career mode kind of game. For me, in my forties, with two toddlers and consequently with very limited time to practice and play, soon realized that wasn't the game for me. The DLC is paid and the prices seem pretty steep to me.
On other hand, GT7 is much more fit to me, more fun to play, although can't shake off the feeling that something is wrong when the on PS4/PS5 platform has less content than GT4 on a DVD for PS2. As more variety of tracks and races but lacks a lot of strategy wise content.
In my case, on a PS4 both titles have noticeable frame rate drops so no winners on that matter.
I'm a sucker for custom liveries so, on that matter, the GT7 is a winner for me.

There is nothing better than GT series for the last 25 years on PS platform.

GT is more close to AC than to the ACC, but AC is rather old already, it has no proper PS5 support also the PS4 port is not very good and practically is even more broken for PS platform than ACC on PS5. I have them both for PS but don't play them because of this.

Note that, I also play AC and ACC but on PC very actively. I won't make comparison to the GT, they are just different and I enjoy them all in a different way.
This is a very interesting thread, and some excellent points have been made. I think this one sums it up rather nicely and is very close to my opinion.

Bottom line, they are different experiences, and IMHO, complementary. ACC focused more on the hare-core sim enthusiasts, and GT7 more general with its history as a game on a console, nostalgia, many cars, etc., but definitely much more "sim" than "arcade".

I started playing other racing titles like PCars and ACC when Polyphony left a void (GT6 was released in 2013 and underwhelming), and those games really took physics to another level. (Also dabbled a bit in iRacing which also has good physics and is definitely in the "pure sim" lane).

Since getting GT7 I haven't gone back to compare it to ACC, so I should probably do this for a better side-by-side view.

The #1 thing from ACC I wish GT7 would improve upon is AI - the way you can adjust it to your skill level is unparalleled in my experience in single player. It's clear from the "chili pepper" races, and now more so with Sophy, that Polyphony has the capability to make AI behave more like a real race and not do the "chase the rabbit" mode all the time. I think they are walking a fine line because the harder they make the AI the more of the overall average drivers they alienate, but I think ACC solves this well and PD should emulate that. GT7 looks like it could be almost ready to cross that chasm.

Either way, I think they are both excellent games with great strengths, and I would be very happy if ACC would release a version that is compatible with PS5 and supports PSVR2. I'm honestly not sure if they are actively developing anymore and if they would have the budget, inclination, and resources for this.

As someone who played all past Gran Turismo titles on controller and not more than say 30 to 40 hours each never Golding licenses or getting deep into them, GT7 is my first game I got a sim rig and studied sim racing basics to improve for.

I love it. I thought it was the greatest until I played ACC on PS5. Now I understand all GT7 shortcomings, as well as know what better force feedback, AI (minus Sophy) and better physics are.

I still love GT7 and think it’s great and special in its own right and play it daily. With all that said, I think the game design of all Gran Turismo boils down essentially to “baby’s first sim racer”. It’s more in depth than arcade racers, but not as in depth as average market sim racers. The combination of great visuals and art style with fun gameplay that is slightly but not too complex keeps me hooked in to spend at least 20 minutes a day in it whilst focusing on AC & ACC now with the majority of my spare time.

Either way, I think they are both excellent games with great strengths, and I would be very happy if ACC would release a version that is compatible with PS5 and supports PSVR2. I'm honestly not sure if they are actively developing anymore and if they would have the budget, inclination, and resources for this.

ACC on PS5 is actively developed and actually it's pretty good, IMHO. The 3d party developer (maybe collaborating with Kunos) do their best to make it perfect. ACC have good single player mode, and if you want to feel what's the pure racing GT3, GT4 or even Cup cars, there is no better sim for PS5 than ACC.

The best way is to have them both, but if you have to choose, as I mentioned earlier the GT is the number 1 overall.

Personally for me ACC on PS5 FFB is not better than GT7 but stronger, and stronger does not mean better and you can easily check this if you compare ACC on PS5 vs ACC on PC.

When I tried ACC on PC, I actually understood, that my entry lvl G29 is not a crap, but it's pretty OK for and average simracer.

To really feel the ACC or even the old AC, sooner or later, you will move to PC, if you what to go deeper. ✌️

Last edited:
ACC on PS5 is actively developed and actually it's pretty good, IMHO. The 3d party developer (maybe collaborating with Kunos) do their best to make it perfect. ACC have good single player mode, and if you want to feel what's the pure racing GT3, GT4 or even Cup cars, there is no better sim for PS5 than ACC.

The best way is to have them both, but if you have to choose, as I mentioned earlier the GT is the number 1 overall.

Personally for me ACC on PS5 FFB is not better than GT7 but stronger, and stronger does not mean better and you can easily check this if you compare ACC on PS5 vs ACC on PC.

When I tried ACC on PC, I actually understood, that my entry lvl G29 is not a crap, but it's pretty OK for and average simracer.

To really feel the ACC or even the old AC, sooner or later, you will move to PC, if you what to go deeper. ✌️
I have played ACC and AC on PS4 and PC. I haven't tried ACC yet on PS5. Only played GT7 on PS5 since I got it in November

Doubt I'll be playing any other racing/driving games on ps5/series x from here on, unless they also introduce vr mode...

ACC is very good, but can't imagine racing on flat screen, now I've been spoilt with gt7.

May give it a try to see if the immense ffb can still draw me in...

I love both games. Last few weeks I’ve been playing a lot more ACC as I just found GT7 pretty stale at the minute. Since the new update and with VR I’ll be back to playing GT7 again, but still be playing ACC as I’m in a racing league.

GT7 I love that you can jump on the game do a daily race and not have to worry about anything.
ACC the biggest let down is the online mode. Not many people are online so can’t really jump on plus you have to spend a little time getting the setup right. What I do I love though is when you find a race league series, the racing is amazing and I think it’s better than GT7.

I saw this thread a while back but never got around to posting.

Downloaded ACC while it was free on PSN and my initial impression was very positive. The honeymoon was soon over once I paid attention to my lap times. Watching replays, I noticed I rarely reached/maintained 100% brake pressure.

I'm on a G29 and accustomed to the pressure required for max braking on Gran Turismo sport/ 7 but ACC requires so much more. I found myself needing to focus more braking than hitting the apexes. I was unable to find anywhere to calibrate the pedals which seems unusual epically on a game that is also for PC.

Are all G29 users (with stock pedals) on PS4/5 is experiencing the same thing?
It's disappointing something so simple can prevent me from enjoying what I'm sure is a very good game.

Any chance this issue will be addressed in a future game update or are there other solutions available?
Yeah, that's Kunos taking advantage of the full travel of the G29's brake pedal. There's a notch right at the very end of the travel of the brake pedal, which if you press hard enough you can hear and feel it engage. PD likely decided to ignore this feature in developing support for the G29, whereas because Kunos is more of a 'full-sim' developer, they decided to include it.

It's just something you have to get used to. I play both, and it usually takes me a couple laps of practice in ACC to get the feel back, but once I adjust it's fine.

ACC is great but I prefer the sandbox that is GT7.

I race a full grid of late 60’s and early 70’s GT and Touring cars in custom race and now that the AI has improved in that mode it’s better than ever.

I’ve also just put together a full Porsche Cup with 20 equally matched cars and plan to do a championship with them. And now the settings are saved it’s easy just to jump into a race with a full grid.

I plan to do Group C next. Then maybe some 80s or 90s touring cars or some historic F1.

Then there’s got to be a JDM tuner series with my own bop settings and maybe some Super GT or a Radical spec series.

Anyway, you get the picture.

For me ACC in terms of FFB is far superior than GT7 in detail,road feel and so on, GT7 is quite bad, and even below GT Sport wich give some more feeling.

I use a T300 btw.

Original AC FFB is on an other league, still today.

I've never raced a real gt3 race car, but the car physics in GT7 is plenty good. I was underwhelmed with ACC. So much so I deleted it and have no desire to go back. I'd rather race on GT7. My friends keep telling me how amazing the physics is on ACC and I dont get it. I race cars at least monthly... I know what a tire/car does when driven at the limit. ACC did less to impress me than the original AC to be honest. To each their own.

I love (hated GT7 at launch) and own both games.

It reminds me of the NFL2K5 and Madden 05 year, both games were great for different reasons. There's room for both games in the market and hopefully they both continue to sell well because competition benefits us as the consumer.

ACC beats the living **** out of GT7 in terms of road feel, FFB and tire feel. It's not even a debate... However, GT7 has a large variety of beautifully modeled cars and tracks. If only I could merge ACC's handling dynamics with GT7, nobody would ever see me again lol.

There is this paradox where sometimes more arcade becomes more realistic, in a simulator. More intuitive as in real life.

Back