Who is getting an Xbox One for Forza 6?

• Thread starter robbyf
  • 321 comments
Well, I got mine earlier this year just for FM5 and H2. Man... the feeling when I was undressing... err, taking my new console out of the packaging. Eyeballing the FM5 and H2 disc sitting next to it... hands were almost shaking! :lol:

Damn fine time to be an X1 owner. :cheers:

Parcells did, also picked up a copy of H2 while I was at it. Also bought a PS4 strictly for PCars at the time...expect GT7 but picking up WRC 5 for PS4 very soon I believe.

I am tempted though Project Cars is taking up my time for now. Still though the Forza series has always interested me though never had the time for 2 until PC came along.

Forza is an absolute must-have if you're a car and/or racing nut. Period.

It's irrelevant whether you're a PC gamer. Forza needs to be in your collection.

So the Xbox One I purchased for FM6 has now been damaged under ridiciously ironic circumstances.

I placed the console on a table in order to dust clean the high gloss surfaces. My elbow suddenly bumps into some late 1980s Autosport magazines standing in a magazine holder, which in turn tilts into some decorative stuff lying on the table. One of these objects then smashes forcefully against the side of the console, leaving 1/4 of the side panels broken badly out of shape. So much for cleaning. :guilty:

So the Xbox One I purchased for FM6 has now been damaged under ridiciously ironic circumstances.

I placed the console on a table in order to dust clean the high gloss surfaces. My elbow suddenly bumps into some late 1980s Autosport magazines standing in a magazine holder, which in turn tilts into some decorative stuff lying on the table. One of these objects then smashes forcefully against the side of the console, leaving 1/4 of the side panels broken badly out of shape. So much for cleaning. :guilty:
Ouch. Is it purely cosmetic damage or is your X1's operation impaired too?

Ouch. Is it purely cosmetic damage or is your X1's operation impaired too?

I haven't tested it yet but I assume it'll operate as it did before. It was unplugged when it happened, so the risk of internal damage should be low. Unfortunate though.

I haven't tested it yet but I assume it'll operate as it did before. It was unplugged when it happened, so the risk of internal damage should be low. Unfortunate though.
I'm sorry to hear about your console and hope it still works but your story reminded me of that Honda Accord commercial.

Last edited:
The console should work fine.. I saw a video once on IGN or Gamespot I think, where they did a stress test of both consoles, including dropping them on solid concrete a couple of times. The first time the X1 was dropped from 9 feet I think... it bounced around a few times but worked fine. The PS4 didn't. I'll try and find that link, very interesting video.

Anyway, there's nothing too fragile on the side of the console I believe, so @Nielsen despite the physical damage, your console should operate fine. Gots to take better care of your baby man! Just keep it where it's normally kept and clean it with a soft damp cloth, followed by a dry soft-cloth wipe (the micro fiber ones we use to clean cars work great).

Do you cover it after use? Assuming it's cooled off completely.

The console should work fine.. I saw a video once on IGN or Gamespot I think, where they did a stress test of both consoles, including dropping them on solid concrete a couple of times. The first time the X1 was dropped from 9 feet I think... it bounced around a few times but worked fine. The PS4 didn't. I'll try and find that link, very interesting video.

Good to know but I don't think a PS4 would have taken visible damage in my case. Those skewed lines on the Xbox One aren't any better than glass.

Do you cover it after use? Assuming it's cooled off completely.

No. I treat my consoles like any other electronic device, with respect and nothing more.

Good to know but I don't think a PS4 would have taken visible damage in my case. Those skewed lines on the Xbox One aren't any better than glass.

No. I treat my consoles like any other electronic device, with respect and nothing more.

Dust: no.1 cause of premature console deaths worldwide!

Even if you do keep your house/room squeaky clean, highly recommended to keep it covered up after use.

That is how most fat PS3s died, fyi.

Yeah dude, I had a PS2 die because of just that. It was the chunky version. I was just putting a cover on top of it, failing to realize that dust moves in all directions particularly up when there's a draft. Got a slim after that which was not only loading games faster (due to the brand new lens) but also ran without a hitch for 3 years, until I sold it when moving on to the X360.

It was then that I started literally wrapping my consoles from all sides using the plastic semi-transparent sheet it comes with.

I believe for a fact, Sony optical products die faster than other brands. I don't know about today, but at least that was certainly true a decade or two ago. I had a Sony laser-disc and DVD player, that both died within a year, even though I used to keep em' covered up.

Fat consoles generally have more chips than slim ones. More to go wrong. With the slim ones more of the circuits have been integrated onto the main chip reducing power consumption and subsequent heat generation if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe it's due to moving around so much, but I've never had a console die on me since I've been old enough to buy my own. My slim PS2 is about to celebrate its 11th year with me and has performed flawlessly since, and the other systems all currently set up (360, PS3, One) are all without hiccups. They've never been put away or covered up, but I suppose they have been moved on a year-or-two basis.

Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe it's due to moving around so much, but I've never had a console die on me since I've been old enough to buy my own. My slim PS2 is about to celebrate its 11th year with me and has performed flawlessly since, and the other systems all currently set up (360, PS3, One) are all without hiccups. They've never been put away or covered up, but I suppose they have been moved on a year-or-two basis.

I imagine you keep them very very clean then. My slim PS2 would definitely have been alive and kicking had I not sold it away. Used to work flawlessly. So does my Jasper 360 which I still own.

My fat PS2 from 2001 still works. It got cleaned on a regular basis in its heyday, but nothing out of the ordinary. I'm not denying that dust is bad for consoles and electronics in general, but dust covers and extensive cleaning aren't essential for longevity.

Same with me. I've always made sure to buy new instead of used, and my consoles would last forever, or until I sold them on my own. I bought a second hand console one time and it died on me, so I've stood away from that since than. My Dreamcast still works, and it's at my moms house somewhere, it's just the games that are unreadable lol.

My PS3 is still working fine as well, and one of my 360s, the other came with a broken hdd controller which I failed to notice during the warranty period, otherwise it's still working fine as well. All our Ones work well still. I did, however, have two Wiis break, in both it was the drive.

My PS3 is still working fine as well, and one of my 360s, the other came with a broken hdd controller which I failed to notice during the warranty period, otherwise it's still working fine as well. All our Ones work well still. I did, however, have two Wiis break, in both it was the drive.

Your 360 came with a broken HDD controller? How'd you figure that?

Just bought an XBone at black friday. Forza 6 with it. Only game I got actually, don't really need any others for the XBone.

You might want to try Forza Horizon 2, it's a very fun game and there's a demo available still. Slipztream had mentioned it was on sale, about 50% off if I remember correctly.

^^ Agreed FH2 is an excellent game, though since FM6 surfacing, I must admit haven't been spending that much time playing it.

Still a great diversion from the motorsport games. FH3 is a good 9 months away anyway, so @RazorSharkz you might as well pick it up. 👍

I played FH2 for 360 when I still had one. I want to get the most out of 6 before going to another racer. I am kind of flooded when it comes to games right now anyway.

Your 360 came with a broken HDD controller? How'd you figure that?

Because the HDD I tried to put in it didn't work. Just returned the "faulty" HDD, used the internal memory and forgot about it. Until I got a game that required an HDD. The next two HDDs I bought were "faulty" again, though the last one I tried in a different xbox and all worked well. That's when I realized it was my 360 to begin with, and I had returned two most likely perfectly fine HDDs as faulty.

Because the HDD I tried to put in it didn't work. Just returned the "faulty" HDD, used the internal memory and forgot about it. Until I got a game that required an HDD. The next two HDDs I bought were "faulty" again, though the last one I tried in a different xbox and all worked well. That's when I realized it was my 360 to begin with, and I had returned two most likely perfectly fine HDDs as faulty.

Ahhh, you don't say!

First time I'm ever hearing about a 360 with a faulty HDD controller. Didn't think it had any issues aside from the red rings (earlier models) or faulty disc drives on some models.

Latest Posts

Back