Who is getting an Xbox One for Forza 6?

• Thread starter robbyf
  • 321 comments
I think I've had some sort of a breakdown, cuz in a space of two days I went from not even thinking about getting an Xbox (I have a PS4 at home - moved out currently) to getting my 1TB, Forza 6 edition!

I'm glad I bought it though, love the cars, customisation and general fun of driving - especially Indy cars :D

Not forgetting about the awesome sound my Xbox makes when being turned on :D

Plunge taken. :D The RadCoronet5651 is back up and running. :dopey: :D

I think I've had some sort of a breakdown, cuz in a space of two days I went from not even thinking about getting an Xbox (I have a PS4 at home - moved out currently) to getting my 1TB, Forza 6 edition!

I'm glad I bought it though, love the cars, customisation and general fun of driving - especially Indy cars :D

Not forgetting about the awesome sound my Xbox makes when being turned on :D

Delivery day.... hurry up ups.

F6 truly is one of THE best sim racing games I have played on a console. Overall just so much content, so much to do, and way beyond overwhelming. I have not been this addicted to a sim racing game since F3/F4. Plus the update yesterday made a lot of improvements.

The only problem I have with Xbox One is the tiny list of steering wheels. I would like a 3 pedal set but can't find decent offerts around. For me gamepad is good only for action rpg's and some shooters for racers steering wheel is mandatory.

Well... me.

After long years dedicated only to the GT franchise I may take a look at what the people of T10 have to offer.

Xbox One + FH2 and FM6 arriving in 3 days. Hurry up!

It should be interesting to hear what you think of the Rio track. FH2 is deceptively fun, try not to get sucked in!

The only problem I have with Xbox One is the tiny list of steering wheels. I would like a 3 pedal set but can't find decent offerts around. For me gamepad is good only for action rpg's and some shooters for racers steering wheel is mandatory.

Just wait a few weeks for TX Leather Edition.

I just pulled the trigger on Xbox One 500gb. Forza 6, TX Leather Edition and GT Omega ART later this fall..

So I've gone ahead and bought an Xbox one since I got a really good deal. I have Forza Horizon 2 and its absolutely beautiful. Didn't buy Forza 6 as I didn't like the demo. But so far I'm happy with my purchase 👍

Well... me.

After long years dedicated only to the GT franchise I may take a look at what the people of T10 have to offer.

Xbox One + FH2 and FM6 arriving in 3 days. Hurry up!

So what do you think about FM6?? and how is FH2? Thinking about that one too.

Cow Boom at Best Buy has a great deal on an Xbox One Pre owned for $259.99
http://www.cowboom.com/product/1508310?green=840F52F5-D0EA-5670-B214-DF0A10B76B34

A extended service plan is available at http://www.cowboom.com/CPSTerms.cfm (I'm not sure how much it cost but if you are going pre-owned the peace of mind is worth the investment.👍)

I got a brand new Xbox One from Walmart for $300.00, with four year warranty. I'm back in the game! Yeeeees!:D This time for keeps:lol: I love FM6, a ton of cars and more to come every month, and customization like I've never seen in Gran Turismo, I know Microsoft is worth ten times as much as Sony, but I hope GT7 is up to par of FM6 this game is Awesome!!! I Love P-CARS but FM6 is Hot and NEW, So still deciding which Wheel Set to get first and buy the Servo base for the other later.:confused::boggled::confused::rolleyes::confused::odd::confused::crazy:
EigAlKHSr8PWpXu8wEXlEBA_oEkqRGdJft6Ysxy36bM.jpg T300 599XX Alcantara Bundle.jpg

Last edited:
So what do you think about FM6?? and how is FH2? Thinking about that one too.

Cow Boom at Best Buy has a great deal on an Xbox One Pre owned for $259.99
http://www.cowboom.com/product/1508310?green=840F52F5-D0EA-5670-B214-DF0A10B76B34

A extended service plan is available at http://www.cowboom.com/CPSTerms.cfm (I'm not sure how much it cost but if you are going pre-owned the peace of mind is worth the investment.👍)

I got a brand new Xbox One from Walmart for $300.00, with four year warranty. I'm back in the game! Yeeeees!:D This time for keeps:lol: I love FM6, a ton of cars and more to come every month, and customization like I've never seen in Gran Turismo, I know Microsoft is worth ten times as much as Sony, but I hope GT7 is up to par of FM6 this game is Awesome!!! I Love P-CARS but FM6 is Hot and NEW, So still deciding which Wheel Set to get first and buy the Servo base for the other later.:confused::boggled::confused::rolleyes::confused::odd::confused::crazy:
View attachment 465877 View attachment 465878

Both are completely super awesome. I'm in love.

There are wrong bits? Yeah, FM6 online mode needs to learn some bits from GT6 open lobby flexibility and I need a goddamn horn on FM6 and FH2 and can't find it.

Other than these small problems, both games are epic.

I'm so addicted to FH2 that I've played until 5am this night. And yeah, I'm working right now, sleepy eyes and I can't wait to get home to play it again.

Very addictive indeed.

As for FM6, the races are thrilling. Amazing feels every time I race. Just did the DRM races in the BMW "batmobile".

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Both are completely super awesome. I'm in love.
I'm so addicted to FH2 that I've played until 5am this night. And yeah, I'm working right now, sleepy eyes and I can't wait to get home to play it again.
As for FM6, the races are thrilling. Amazing feels every time I race. Just did the DRM races in the BMW "batmobile".
hehe these words, I can recognize and understand pretty well hahaha
gamertag like forum/psn tag?

I played GT 1 to 6, and played Forza 2,3 and 4. Due total lack of GT7 news, I just got Xbox One and Forza 6. Man, best Forza ever, IMO. Not visually impressive as Drive Club, but everything is good enough, and most important: the races are a joy to play. Project Cars and Asseto Corsa can be more realistic, but FM6 is much more fun and addictive.

I was going to purchase 1 today,XBox live is down and I see the new dashboard/ beta is frying xboxs. Don't think so now. Sorry to hear about your system,Camaroboy.

I was going to purchase 1 today,XBox live is down and I see the new dashboard/ beta is frying xboxs. Don't think so now. Sorry to hear about your system,Camaroboy.

The new dashboard upgrade is optional for now, hopefully the issues will be resolved once it is a compulsory update.

The new dashboard upgrade is optional for now, hopefully the issues will be resolved once it is a compulsory update.
It jus fried CAMAROBOYS XBox,downloaded automatically, his XBox is 🤬.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order for the preview program update to download, you should have been invited and registered, right? In that case, downloading the update any time before official release is optional.
Go read the XBox 1 forum on here.
He posted what happened.
This is not the first issue with XBox, from my past experiences.

He posted what happened.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order for the preview program update to download, you should have been invited and registered, right? In that case, downloading the update any time before official release is optional.
You have to opt into the program, and get invited specifically. You have the option to remove yourself from the program, and they let you know weeks ahead of time that the update is rolling out for beta testers, and if you don't want to be a part of it for the foreseen problems, then go to the program and select that you don't want to be a part of it. They warn you before hand, before you even opt in that beta features are exactly that, and you will run into problems so if you still want to be a tester for these programs, the risks are labeled and set there so you can make your own decision on how you want to approach it. It downloaded automatically because he forgot that he had selected it.

I also don't recall Xbox Live being down this weekend, but I did have a small hiccup with connections to Forza for a bit of time.

He posted what happened.
Yes, and exactly what @FT-1 said is correct, and is posted on that thread. It seems like he was the one that actually read the post.

What other issues have you had with Xbox One if you haven't even bought it yet?

Last edited:
You have to opt into the program, and get invited specifically. You have the option to remove yourself from the program, and they let you know weeks ahead of time that the update is rolling out for beta testers, and if you don't want to be a part of it for the foreseen problems, then go to the program and select that you don't want to be a part of it. They warn you before hand, before you even opt in that beta features are exactly that, and you will run into problems so if you still want to be a tester for these programs, the risks are labeled and set there so you can make your own decision on how you want to approach it. It downloaded automatically because he forgot that he had selected it.

I also don't recall Xbox Live being down this weekend, but I did have a small hiccup with connections to Forza for a bit of time.

Yes, and exactly what @FT-1 said is correct, and is posted on that thread. It seems like he was the one that actually read the post.

What other issues have you had with Xbox One if you haven't even bought it yet?
Let's clear a few things here. On Saturday I was at my friends trying to play Forza on his XBox, we continually got disconnected. I came here to see if others were experiencing the same issues. I noticed that Camaroboy posted his issue. My friend also has the beta and was worried he would have the same problem. He has had issues with PCars and Forza Destiny. Every new system is bugged with issues.Yes I was planning on purchasing one Saturday. As I did post if people actually read it. I clearly stated I was sorry about his issue.
Not trolling,flame baiting or what ever you want to call it.

Let's clear a few things here. On Saturday I was at my friends trying to play Forza on his XBox, we continually got disconnected. I came here to see if others were experiencing the same issues. I noticed that Camaroboy posted his issue. My friend also has the beta and was worried he would have the same problem. He has had issues with PCars and Forza Destiny. Every new system is bugged with issues.Yes I was planning on purchasing one Saturday. As I did post if people actually read it. I clearly stated I was sorry about his issue.
Not trolling,flame baiting or what ever you want to call it.
I play Destiny pretty much daily, a game that is required to be connected to the internet 100% of the time and I haven't noticed anything this weekend. Although, like I said, i did have problems connecting to the Forza servers. So it seems like it might have been a problem with Forza Servers, rather then Xbox Live.

The Beta issue is concerning, but they give fair warning before hand, and that's why I choose not to download it after all. That's the problem with being a beta tester, you're going to run into problems.

Yes my X1 hardware failure was 100% because of the NXOE (New xbox one experience). I turned on my X1 and it just stayed at the green "Xbox One" start up menu. Would not pass that. I posted all about it in the Xbox One thread. At this point if anyone is interested in buying a new X1 just make sure you DO NOT opt into the preview program beta. The preview program beta is having worldwide well known issues with the NXOE. Issues so massive that if you even mention you are a preview member over the phone with support, you will instantly be sent to the xbox.com support forums to diagnose and confirm the issue with a Microsoft support tech via live chat. They will NOT help you on the phone because the diagnosis involves bypassing the X1 start up via USB drive and a system file you have to download from their site. Then you have to put the Flash drive USB files into the X1 and force it to read from the flash drive and not the startup files. I wont even describe this complicated process.

I bought another I am still in the process of trying to get out of the preview program. The rest of the preview program has been great. It truly was especially the backward compatibility. The main problem is the NXOE. THAT is very broken right now and only has about 1 month to get resolved before releasing publically. IMO this NXOE really should be delayed until December or early 2016.

If you are in the preview program this is the message you receive as a warning of the NXOE. I received several of these and still decided to take the risk anyway.

The New Xbox One Experience (NXOE) is on the horizon! In preparation, we'll soon begin moving all Preview consoles over to the NXOE. If you do not wish to move, please opt out of Preview from the Registration tile in the Xbox Preview Dashboard app.

I did not opt out in time. Bad move.

Also, when a hard ware failure happens like this it is very similar to leaving your X1 in "Auto On" mode. It will fail if it does not complete the update and potentially ruin the hardware startup. You will get stuck at the xbox one green start up menu and it wont ever pass this.

Last edited:
Well, I had bought both Forza 6 and Xbone, and a thrustmaster base to work with the XBOX. So I have impressions for all three:

Xbone: it's pretty slick, looks like a big 1980's VCR. I'm into it. Nice user interface. Has a big ass brick for the power cord ( I think it's for the power cord), not so cool. Xbox live gold seems to cost more than a year of PS plus.

Thrustmaster servo base: bolted it up to my stand, used my TS300 wheel. worked flawless. Good stuff.

Forza 6: Well, this was the first time I've ever played Forza. I wasn't sure what to expect. I wasn't really pleased with the way the game starts, jumping into a Ford GT and driving. I prefer to be able to poke around and look at the features, look at the car dealerships and tracks.

The graphics were decent enough. Annoying things: The cars are not nearly as detailed as in GT6. Odd things are changed around on what should be showroom stock cars. For example, the GT-R, for some reason it has carbon wrap on the nose and lower front lip. The stock GT-R does not come with this. The car does not sound stock either, I should know I have a '15 GT-R sitting in my garage. The sound of the showroom stock GT-R in Forza sounds modded, the feel of the car is way off as well. This is just one example. My opinion is that showroom stock cars should look and sound stock, and feel as close to their real life counter parts as possible. This is where I just couldn't get into Forza. Of all the cars I drove I just was not impressed with the physics. I might get in trouble for this, but GT6 trumps it in terms of real driving dynamics, car details and car realism in my opinion.

Forza seems to be for those who are really into customizing the car and modding cars. It's a great game for that.

As for me, I sold my copy of FM6 for $45, bought it for $50, so I'm out $5. Not too bad.

I returned the base for a full refund, had to pay for ship, so I'm out a little on that.

I'll keep the Xbone, play some Xbox only titles. All platform games I'll play on the PS4.

Remember this is just my opinion of the game, results may vary.

You tried it. You didn't care for it. You sold it. Nothing wrong with that. At least you gave it a fair shot.
Pretty much this, nothing wrong with what was done 👍 Some things to point out though.

Xbox live gold seems to cost more than a year of PS plus.
This looks to be the case, but the good thing is that it goes on sale so often that you can easily find it for 30 bucks. On top of that, once you lose the subscription, you atleast still get to play and keep all the games they gave you for free.

Forza 6: Well, this was the first time I've ever played Forza. I wasn't sure what to expect. I wasn't really pleased with the way the game starts, jumping into a Ford GT and driving. I prefer to be able to poke around and look at the features, look at the car dealerships and tracks.
Having been with it from the start, I wish you can skip that part all together if you're already experienced with FM.

The sound of the showroom stock GT-R in Forza sounds modded, the feel of the car is way off as well. This is just one example. My opinion is that showroom stock cars should look and sound stock, and feel as close to their real life counter parts as possible. This is where I just couldn't get into Forza. Of all the cars I drove I just was not impressed with the physics. I might get in trouble for this, but GT6 trumps it in terms of real driving dynamics, car details and car realism in my opinion.
Odd thing to put down considering the one you're comparing it to :P What weren't you liking about the physics, if you don't mind me asking? Still though, you are correct, the cars do tend to sound like pumped up versions.

Forza seems to be for those who are really into customizing the car and modding cars. It's a great game for that.
Which should put you in the target audience, no? In regard to that, it's no difference than GT.

Xbox live gold seems to cost more than a year of PS plus
If you keep an eye out you can usually get xbox live for about $35.00 a year. Not sure how much PS+ is for a year but I would guess they would be around the same price per year. Also with Xbox live you get 4 free games a month. Not sure if PS+ gives 4 free games a month.

Brought a Xbox One last week purely because of Forza Motorsport 6 and absolutely adore it!

I was tempted on launch day with Forza 5 but after Forza 4, it really felt like 5 was a game that was rushed out the door to make day 1 but Forza 6 is much better.

Absolutely adoring Photomode, as I do with all racing games!

Ferrari%20360%20CS%20Night_zpslfth4ihk.jpg

Back