Who is still actively playing?

• Thread starter jackman454
  • 176 comments
Man...I haven't played GT2 in ages, let alone any of the Gran Turismo games...just haven't had much time...almost tempted to go and dust off the PS2 now...need to find the old memory card as well...

I still play the game from time to time. I'm having a cross between childhood nostalgia and experiencing many of the games cars and tracks for the first time. I'm actually making progress in the career mode for once, rather than forgetting to save progress as a kid :)

I finally got my endurances done a few days ago on my PS3's save. Now, all I need is the one-make races and I have completely beaten GT2 on my own without needing a partially completed gamesave to beat it (had a memory card that had most of the events done on it when I beat it on the PS2).

12 years now and still enjoy tinkering with it trying to win with the poorest cars , Right now using the Daihatsu midget D -type a fun little truck to drive , have not won yet, best finish 2nd at Seattle . Have any others tried racing it if ?? so any one got the gearing set up

so finally on my Android, for playing GT2... i have switched to a (paid) psx/N64 emulator called FPse. It's way better than epsxe!
It has customizable on screen controls and it's DS3 compatible when using an OTG usb cable to plug in the controller (haven't figured out how to ds3 bluetooth connect)

Included in the emulator is automatic download for gameshark codes...
And oh man; i really miss having gameshark! the last game I used it for was gran turismo 4.
i remember the tyre wear off option... max money... unlock all cars and always start race on the last lap - but the best was the x10 or x100 horsepower multiplier and i remember having some cars like a mini Cooper with 87,000 hp or a pikes peak escudo that did nothing but burn out until at least 300 mph haha those were the good ol' days.

I'm slowly waiting for mobile phone technology to catch up so I can run a PS2 emulator on Android. my PS3 is the newer version which doesn't have ps2 compatibility

I being playing it a fair bit recently. I being driving the Dodge Concept Car & the Chrysler Phaeton. The Dodge Concept car sounds mean with sports exhaust on it. & I like the Phaeton since it looks old school. I also drive the Shelby Cobra alot to with stock exhaust & it sounds mechanical under 2,700 rpms when cruising along with a rattly sound to it low rpms. The other cars I drive are the Renault Espace F1 & the Venturi Atlantiques 400 & 600 LM.

Also all the cars in this game have great sounds which do not seem to have made it into Gran Turismo 6 except for less than a handful of cars from the GT2 Era.

I'm playing through it again. I adore this game sooo much. My first time playing was in 2000 when it was new. My brother in law(then he was just my eldest sisters boyfriend) brought GT2 over when there was a party going on and I played it then for the first time. It's been one of my fav games since.. along with my loved Final Fantasies and LoD, Zelda Chrono series etc.

I started my file about 5 days ago and have all 60 golds on the licenses and around 20% completion and the rare Stratos already.

Twoof the most attractive things about this are the music especially West City theme(soo classy) and the rare, unique cars in the game. Not to mention the INTENSE NOSTALGIA!:(

I've been on a GT2 kick lately after finding a half-completed save file on a memory card I found while cleaning up my room. I'm mostly trying to get some of the rarer prize cars from the long endurance races; The Mitsubishi 3000GT LM '99 from the Laguna Seca 200 and the Toyota Altezza LM from the Rome 2 Hours I've only seen photos of in all of my years of owning Gran Turismo 2...

The Altezza LM is fun! You won't regret the time spent to win in when you give it a try! Another one that rocks even more is the del Sol LM you win for golding one of the license tests.

Starting my GT2 save on the PS3 by golding all the licenses before trying other events was the best decision I ever made. It sucked to have to redo tests over and over but having good cars without having to spend a single credit made it worth it.

It only takes maybe an hour to start a game and have as many credits as you want. Take half an hour to just pass the licenses, then take your 10k, get a silvia k's, tune it, win the 80's event at Tahiti in about 5 minutes, take the Skyline to GT All Stars at Red Rock and win the Speed 12 in about 10 minutes, win it again, sell your cars and you have over a million credits, all in under an hour. Whatever you do, don't look in the Italian lots for your first 10k car! :lol:

I only golded the licenses to try the cars you couldn't get any other way. I don't see it as a good way to start a game, because as you say, it can be very difficult, I know it took me probably 20 hours to gold everything but the Special (which I've yet to gold...)

The Altezza LM is fun! You won't regret the time spent to win in when you give it a try! Another one that rocks even more is the del Sol LM you win for golding one of the license tests.

I remember getting all golds on my license tests and running the Altezza LM in a time trial event, but that was a long time ago and I seemed to have lost the memory card that had the save file...

I just continued my GT2 series, and one thing I don't get is that there are several races in each city that require me to have a racing modded car (Mirage, Civic, S2000). I've spent 100k on each car to get my cars up to standard.

I just can't get over how amazing gt2 really is though, they had different districts for the brands, the licensing, the regulations on a lot of the races. Perfect music, really throws me back to a better time. Not to mention how they really nailed the sound on gt2. You can actually hear the turbo spool up in it.

I still play it these days, even more now since I lost my cable and internet. I popped in gt2 and said to myself, this tv is like 80x bigger than the tv I had the very first time I played gt2

Back