Who is still actively playing?

• Thread starter jackman454
  • 176 comments
Yeah, I still play it. Full time in fact, when I fill my garage and have done all the races. I make a new save slot on the PS3 so I can just restart it and keep the other saves at the same time.

Played it within the last week. Started my GT career with GT2 years ago. GT2 then GT4 then GT3 then GT1. I think I may be dyslexic. j/k.

OMG I have played it for the first time today! GT2 came out when I was 8, I remember having a GT demo on a sampler disc from PS mag or something but it was only 1 race. GT3 made me addicted because it was the only PS2 game I played for the first year or so lol.
But now I play GT2 on my Samsung phone, using a PS3 controller, and I hooked up the video through HDMI.
I actually like it alot, if only GT7 developers would make a game this good. it actually has alot of first generation cars not in later games. And pikes peak! What!?
BTW, The blow off valve sound is better than gt6 hehe

Last edited:
I had restarted my GT2 on my ps3/vita through remote play. With in a day I had already passed all the licenses and had bought myself a 91 celica with 4wd. By day two I had gotten myself two GT500 cars. A NSX and a Skyline. By the way is the American GT2 called the PAL or is called something else, because I really don't know.

OMG I have played it for the first time today! GT2 came out when I was 8, I remember having a GT demo on a sampler disc from PS mag or something but it was only 1 race. GT3 made me addicted because it was the only PS2 game I played for the first year or so lol.
But now I play GT2 on my Samsung phone, using a PS3 controller, and I hooked up the video through HDMI.
I actually like it alot, if only GT7 developers would make a game this good. it actually has my IRL car, 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4TT w/pop up lights!
BTW, The blow off valve sound is better than gt6 hehe
Welcome home, brother ;)

I still play it.. I have it since 2004
Question: Why the music of the game stops while I'm racing?
Also, the game freezes when I go to (Peugeot,Renault,etc.)
Is the problem with the disc or my ps1?

I still play it.. I have it since 2004
Question: Why the music of the game stops while I'm racing?
Also, the game freezes when I go to (Peugeot,Renault,etc.)
Is the problem with the disc or my ps1?
It's most likely your disc. I have a freezing problem when I try to enter the Chevrolet dealership and a small freeze (for a few seconds) when I try to enter North City.

It's most likely your disc. I have a freezing problem when I try to enter the Chevrolet dealership and a small freeze (for a few seconds) when I try to enter North City.
I always move my ps1 up & down so that the game works!
Btw what's the next special car in dodge? after the red concept? is it the GTS team oreca?

There is a Phaeton (spelling) and a GTS-R Team Oreca and the red Copperhead concept. I don't remember the order but I'm pretty sure that's all the cars in the special section

There is a Phaeton (spelling) and a GTS-R Team Oreca and the red Copperhead concept. I don't remember the order but I'm pretty sure that's all the cars in the special section
thanks because my game freeze when I press the ( next button ) to see other cars

I still play it on the PS3. To be honest, the virtual memory card system makes it a bit more enjoyable. Only wish I had one of the versions of the PS3 that has the ability to play PS2 games, so that I could add GT4 and GT3 to my playlist. Oh well, guess I'll have to hook up the old PS2 again soon.

I will play it occasionally because some of the cars and tracks that I miss. I will also play GT1 sometime as well on my PS3.

Just started a brand new save since I was I satisfied with my old one. Can't get enough of how many little things there are to do.

Quick question that doesn't need it's own thread but what aspect does GT2 look "better" on; 16:9 (Stretched/Full) or 4:3 (Normal)?

Just started a brand new save since I was I satisfied with my old one. Can't get enough of how many little things there are to do.

Quick question that doesn't need it's own thread but what aspect does GT2 look "better" on; 16:9 (Stretched/Full) or 4:3 (Normal)?

4:3 is what it was made for

Took me 2 years to acquire every used car in every color many with zero or low miles, plus all the prize cars, hidden cars and some nice hybrids. I filled 16 memory cards with cars, that kept me busy until GT3 came out. I'll share my saves when i get a mem card adapter for my PS3.

Started replaying GT2 today:

dy91Wgd.jpg

great to see that people are still playing GT2 like I am still from time to time I have had my copy since brand new a very long time ago and it is 1 of my prized possessions I started the game again my 1st car selection has never changed driving a 1991 Honda Accord V-tec from used section the couple things I absolutely love about GT2 is the variety of races there is and offcourse the whole racing modification section in the tuning options that needs to make a comeback in future GT titles. whats the chances of seeing GT2 remastered to HD ?

Back