Who is still actively playing?

• Thread starter jackman454
  • 176 comments
Yeah, definatly still playing, my favorite GT is :bowdown:GT2 hands down (Driving physics! FTW). I first played it in 1999 when it debuted. I found and drove alot of cars I did not even know about and may not have known about to this day if not for that game. I played for a few years at least and achieved 100% completion legitimately. Then I got a PS2 and later GT's came out, I still played it on occasion for a little bit (on my PS2). Though until 'relatively' recently, it had been around a decade since I really played it, or played it at all for that matter.

I no longer have a PS or PS2 unfortunately, though In approximately the past 2 years or so I got ePSXe on my PC. I'm currently back playing my favorite Gran Turismo again, like I did back over a decade ago. Albeit with savestates (though I try to use them more as shortcuts rather than potential exploits), and utilizing PEC to be able to use any car on any course (despite licences even)! . . . I kicked it up a notch! :D

Last edited:
Still playing this too :P ( I restarted playing it this summer )
It's definately one of the best installments of the series . It featuref 600+ cars , Rally events and a lot of stages ( some of them haven't returned ever since - like grindelwald , Red Rock Valley , Green forest roadway and the Pikes Peak races-)
It would take hours to write about the games good points :P But I think it was one of the most ( if not the most ) "buggy" installments of the series. For example after setting 10 records on the machine test mode , your entire garage would vanish. Also the game couldn't identify the cars' classes correctly (Aside from the drivetrain and horsepower limitations ). For example one could complete the American Nationals event with a Japanese car ( this applies for the most of the events ). Lastly it was kind of bummer that the player could only store 100 cars on his garage , which means that you'll have a hard time with deciding which car you're going to keep and which you'll sell.
Aside from these flaws , it's a really good game ( In my opinion better than GT1 ). However I prefer GT3 over GT2 and GT4 ( Damn save corruption bug...).

Close to none unfortunately because Polyphony Digital focuses on a new Gran Turismo game for the PS4 that will follow the steps of GT6. I don't think RM will return in GT7...
Not only that, but it would probably be a licensing nightmare.

This is probably a stupid question, but can i still use my save from europe version of GT2 in the US version?
No unless you change the save games ID to the US version. I think I know ways of doing it but I have never really tried it before.

Well, i tried changing the ID but came up unsuccessfully. Gonna have to play from the start again :lol:. Good thing i haven't play so far.

Just finished GT1. After finishing GT2 about 2 weeks ago. Time for some more GT2. It just feels like a breath of fresh air after playing GT1... Funny thing, years ago I was always considered GT1 the better one of the two. Now I find GT2 way more addictive and fun to play. I can't put my finger on what it is, but it feels like GT1 has some kind of monotony...

*still* playing ;-) trying to figure out joker code to activate more than 1 line of code after game loads ;/
having a lot of fun building hybrids

I wish someone could remake GT2 for PC and add "Online Events"... :(

And some decent support for current gen input devices like Steering Wheels or XBOX 360 Controllers (XInput)

I just wish that there was a better way to play old games (that is legal, lol). Firing up the PS1 or even PS2 on a 1080p TV is always an exercise in eye strain :( It becomes harder and harder to play these games every year, even though they're still fantastic.

I just wish that there was a better way to play old games (that is legal, lol). Firing up the PS1 or even PS2 on a 1080p TV is always an exercise in eye strain :( It becomes harder and harder to play these games every year, even though they're still fantastic.

That's why I've got myself a good old CRT TV. I don't have words to describe how awful do old consoles look on a full HD LCD TV... no contrast, no brightness, blocky ugly pixels... there's just a bland, lifeless picture... and LCD's image enhancements just makes things worse. Putting the two side by side, looks just like night vs day...

Back