Who is the fastest GT5-er out there?

• Thread starter 599GT
  • 218 comments
These are some extremely fast karters that I have raced against in this game. About half of these guys are not on these fourms.

Me
blue_birel
BanditKarter22
sourslam
rac3rx-886
KevinC95
williebaby28
JamesMS34
CaptSlow1
GTRP_Geist
Speedclub20
MarcusMan6
Fan24
GEN-JD-COKE
yachu-y
seslab
melibabou

These are some extremely fast karters that I have raced against in this game. About half of these guys are not on these fourms.

Me
blue_birel
BanditKarter22
sourslam
rac3rx-886
KevinC95
williebaby28
JamesMS34
CaptSlow1
GTRP_Geist
Speedclub20
MarcusMan6
Fan24
GEN-JD-COKE
yachu-y
seslab
melibabou

Never raced him in a kart, will need to do that (maybe he can teach me how to stop spinning :lol:)

I think GT5 has many fast drivers, fast racers.
One of the best, if not the best must be Aderrm.

Or how 'bout that T-L guy :P
1st in David Coulthard Challenge, 1st in GT5 Time Trial Challenge, 1st in others I can't recall, and as far as racing goes, now 7 for 7 in the GTP WRS!

Not saying i'm the best but I will be very soon ;) If they'd ever let Canada into a GT5 competition of any sort (like GT Academy) I will prove it!

No disrespect Lester I think you would have a very good chance of winning the North America GT Academy if Canada was included but I would say that there are at least 20 players worldwide at your level. I don't think anyone can call themselves the best, if your so good go top the nurburgring or spa TT right now ;) because they will be way less competitive than GT Academy. Like in real life every racer has their strengths, put sebastien loeb in an F1 car or Nascar and he would probably get slaughtered by the other drivers but that doesn't stop him from being considered one of the greatest drivers ever. The player I've been most impressed with lately is Amo he's won 3 of the last 4 TTs, I don't think he had a serious attempt at London.

Last edited:
Fobia
GT5 has many fast drivers, so many that you can't single out only one.
There isn't a fastest driver in absolute terms, people say Ti-tech85 is the fastest although I've never raced him (I'm not implying I'm faster, but some things you gotta see for yourself).

I actually raced him in a shuffle race lobby about 3 weeks ago. We had a great battle at Fuji F. He was in an E55 AMG and I was in a Shelby Series One. We both got 1 penalty and had a lot of passing each other. I actually suprised myself by holding him off on the last lap to win by 0.1 seconds.

I reckon T-L to be a really quick driver, been in a Nurburgring lobby once with him a while ago and he had a good pace, i improved since but im sure he would still be faster , i rarely run online so that doesnt help! lol

So many variables we cant really say wich one is best i think, lets just say a lot of people have the potential to win the GT academy.

Or how 'bout that T-L guy :P
1st in David Coulthard Challenge, 1st in GT5 Time Trial Challenge, 1st in others I can't recall, and as far as racing goes, now 7 for 7 in the GTP WRS!

Nice CV 👍 The jobs yours... when can you start? :sly:

The player I've been most impressed with lately is Amo he's won 3 of the last 4 TTs, I don't think he had a serious attempt at London.

Yea, I mean personally I'm totally new to the scene, so I have no clue who the top TT guys have been HISTORICALLY, like, back during TT 1-31, since I've only been aware of the TT's for the last couple, but I definitely was wondering who this GTPL_AMO guy is, cuz he was clearly dominating the leaderboards.

As for the Japanese drivers, is "spq01" or whatever his name is considered to be pretty hardcore? Cuz I watched some of his race replay videos on various different TT's, and he seems to have a really absurd driving style that almost doesn't even look humanly possible, I literally get goosebumps just watching some of his runs.

Which also kind of brings up an interesting side-question related to this topic. Who in your opinion has the sickest "style" as far as the WAY they run their TT's. I mean, obviously at the end of the day, the most important thing is lap time, plain and simple, the cold hard numbers don't lie, whoever finishes 1st wins, etc, but even so, are there any people who seem to have a particularly absurd driving style around the corners that you really appreciate watching and can basically recognize even if you didn't see their screen name? Like, the way how some people seem to have that really smooth "drifty" type of style where they slide in perfect control around all the corners on what is clearly an extremely loose, oversteering type of setup, but seem to do it perfectly effortlessly with no mistakes of any kind on any curve for their whole lap. Or others who have the exact opposite style with absolutely no sliding whatsoever, and just nailing the throttle coming out of turns at EXACTLY the right nanosecond to end up using uncurling out to the very last fraction of an inch of track on the opposite side of the apex, where they are clearly using every last ounce of potential for their car's neutral-style non-slidey "riding-on-rails" type of setup around all the bends?

Not sure if you have any guys specifically in mind, if you get what I'm asking about, but if you do, I'm curious which of the top TT driver's have the most interesting driving "style", so that I can make sure to always save their lap replays any time they make an appearance in the top ten before they slip back out of the top 10 (if they slip back out of it, that is).

That's an easy one. The best GT5 player I've ever seen is "saracen-DT4". Being the best isn't just about being at the top of the TT leaderboards, it's about how you race too. You've probably never heard of saracen but I guarantee he'd beat any of the guys mentioned in this thread in a race.

There are many fast drivers.... just to name a few ive encountered ;

Immortal (realy fast in a f1 car)
GTP W_g_e
GTP T_L
GTPL ammo

but i think there are many more out there.....

I have been known to be very fast in the X2011, I can easily beat other people even if they are in those overpowered RM Elises.

People, keep this name in mind this year...Immortalpilot.

I finished ahead of him in a recent seasonal event: http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt5/event/d41834.html

However I would say, seasonal events in general do not give a true picture of how competitive you are. GT Academy time trials do and finishing in top 250 in world in that means you are doing well, similar to finishing in top 5 in seasonals in comparisons (I've yet to do both). I will be interested to see if I have made any progress since last GT Academy or if I'm still slow.

In regards to the fastest GT5 driver, I think this has been discussed quite a bit in the thread already. There is quite a few drivers who are exceptionally fast in both TT's and raw race pace. For UK I know, EDDSKILL is the fastest in time trial and he will be the benchmark to compare myself to in the next GT Academy coming soon.

As a Platinum member and a ClubSport Pedal user I say that pedals make very little-to-no difference in GT5.
It all comes down to player.

No hardware in GT5 will make you an alien, players can be alien even with a DFGT clamped on an upside-down skateboard sitting in the lap (Mad94d).

But wouldnt it make a huge difference for people who are already fast? I woulda guessed that processing speed and accuracy of a certain piece of harware would make a huge difference where the cutoff is usually measured in hundredth of a second.

I was testing my straightline speed today on g27 and i was .1 of a second faster on the stick then i was on the paddles. Makes me wonder.
Also what is the name for those bolts on g27 stick unit? That piece of resin is most unbecoming.

saidur_ali
I finished ahead of him in a recent seasonal event: http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt5/event/d41834.html

However I would say, seasonal events in general do not give a true picture of how competitive you are. GT Academy time trials do and finishing in top 250 in world in that means you are doing well, similar to finishing in top 5 in seasonals in comparisons (I've yet to do both). I will be interested to see if I have made any progress since last GT Academy or if I'm still slow.

In regards to the fastest GT5 driver, I think this has been discussed quite a bit in the thread already. There is quite a few drivers who are exceptionally fast in both TT's and raw race pace. For UK I know, EDDSKILL is the fastest in time trial and he will be the benchmark to compare myself to in the next GT Academy coming soon.

He didn't take it too seriously and only did a few laps- simply look at the date he set the time. He was busy concurrently winning in 3 race series, and also races karts in real life. But really, there are many really fast people, some of which don't even participate in the TTs. I'm guessing this sumnmer's GTAs will be great fun to follow.

Last edited:
He didn't take it too seriously and only did a few laps- simply look at the date he set the time. He was busy concurrently winning in 3 race series, and also races karts in real life. But really, there are many really fast people, some of which don't even participate in the TTs. I'm guessing this sumnmer's GTAs will be great fun to follow.

The TTs are not the best measure of some peoples speed.
To score well in the current time trials, you need to be a fast driver, have the right car, with the right amount of miles on it, oil changes, etc., and be able to tune.
I think a lot of it comes down to tune. Basically, getting within the top 130 is just having the right car with the right tune. Only after that does alien-level skill become required.
And like you said, many fast drivers on my friends list who are more than capable of getting within the top ten don't bother or put much effort into it.

The GTA events are hopefully still being run with spec cars. Everyone's on the same playing field. Also, since it's GTA, everyone's going to give it some time.

Also, another guy I remembered is A7XMaverick He's very fast. Haven't raced him in awhile. I'm sure he's only gotten faster.

The samurai! He really wanted 1st place at the recent Suzuka TT when there were a couple of top tier TT'ers aiming for the top spot and he just kept putting in insane laptimes. And all that with a DS3!

The samurai! He really wanted 1st place at the recent Suzuka TT when there were a couple of top tier TT'ers aiming for the top spot and he just kept putting in insane laptimes. And all that with a DS3!

He set a fast time early on and it took EBK and fak_evil over a week to get close to him, as soon as they got within in a tenth of him he immediately went a tenth faster as if he wasn't even trying and he had more time. :D I finished 21st in that TT, I had to put in hundreds of laps in to get there with a ds3 I wouldn't be surprised if he did less than 20 laps.

He set a fast time early on and it took EBK and fak_evil over a week to get close to him, as soon as they got within in a tenth of him he immediately went a tenth faster as if he wasn't even trying and he had more time. :D I finished 21st in that TT, I had to put in hundreds of laps in to get there with a ds3 I wouldn't be surprised if he did less than 20 laps.

Yeah the guy's a total natural with the pad. I finished a couple of spots behind you in 33rd, just kept binning good laps at either spoon or 130R. :grumpy: At a certain point it became really depressing how fast the samurai's laptimes were. Occasionally he'll also do TT's without ABS and still be top 5 quick. :boggled:

Do not forget to mention he has already karted with some big F1 guys !!!

And that helps in GT5 in what way exactly? Oh wait, it doesn't.

Looking at past GT Academys, it helps a lot.

I think almost every winner has had some past experience. And quite a few fast guys in GT5 are fast in real life.

GT Academy is about converting from the game to real life. So any knowledge you have on the flip side is obviously going to run in your favor. It's a little more than just a time trial.

Back