Who is the fastest GT5-er out there?

• Thread starter 599GT
  • 218 comments
Looking at past GT Academys, it helps a lot.

I think almost every winner has had some past experience. And quite a few fast guys in GT5 are fast in real life.

GT Academy is about converting from the game to real life. So any knowledge you have on the flip side is obviously going to run in your favor. It's a little more than just a time trial.

GT knowledge passes onto real life but not vica versa (considering that you know what apex is, talking generally so don't get offended).
I'm fast on GT5 and I have a feeling I'd be the same way in reality too. Hence I plan to go karting sometime soon.
GTA isn't all about GT5 I hope you're aware of that, but real life experience helps with GTA's aspec of real racing. Real life experience won't make you any faster on GT5 but will in real life, that's my point I hope you get me.

Why wouldn't the skills be transferable both ways?

You can only transfer general things such as apex, corner entry & exit ie. basic stuff you know by now. But transfer actual skill... hardly possible since (I must express myself in a funny way) real life uses a lot different physics engine, different to GT5's. ;)

GT knowledge passes onto real life but not vica versa (considering that you know what apex is, talking generally so don't get offended).
Some knowledge of real life racing with time trials helps with
line choice
brake points
vehicle dynamics
drivetrain knowledge
throttle and brake application techniques...
All these things are needed in both real life and GT5. Yes, GT5 isn't world class in car simulation, but if you're fast in real life, it will give you an advantage in GT5. I'm not saying it will make you better than somebody who spends time in GT5. It will just help you get to their level much quicker.
I used to race RC cars noncompetitively, and the importance line choices and of brake points carried over to GT5 (mind you, I was never really good with either. I only made top 30 in a time trial once. Looks like if I tried I could make top 50s. Normally I sit at 9X).
I'm fast on GT5 and I have a feeling I'd be the same way in reality too. Hence I plan to go karting sometime soon.
It goes both ways. The physics in real life are different than the physics in the game. You have the same advantages as someone coming from real life would have going to the game.
You would have knowledge of finding lines and such, but the actual dynamics would be different. By how much, I wouldn't know.
GTA isn't all about GT5 I hope you're aware of that, but real life experience helps with GTA's aspec of real racing. Real life experience won't make you any faster on GT5 but will in real life, that's my point I hope you get me.

That's what I meant when I said it's "more than a time trial".

Speed in time trials doesn't necessarily convert in to ability to race.

Some people can be fast when they have unlimted time and laps to hit that one perfect one, but they may not have the necessary race craft, or ability to be consistent under pressure, when other cars are around them.

And speed in GT5 is no sure fire indication of real driving ability... or vice versa.

Which of your D1 Gold skills do you think will help you in reality too?

The one where I say "I'm D1 Gold yo, don't forget to fasten your seatbelt".
And I do say I'm D1G in reality too, every mate of mine knows what WRS is and what D1 Gold means.
There's a saying every man thinks he's the best at two things - one is driving and other one is... you know what I'm on about, right? Anyways, D1 Gold boosted my driving ego skywards, so thats one thing taken care of... now for the second one... plenty of years ahead of me to hit D1G in other thing. haha

The one where I say "I'm D1 Gold yo, don't forget to fasten your seatbelt".
And I do say I'm D1G in reality too, every mate of mine knows what WRS is and what D1 Gold means.
There's a saying every man thinks he's the best at two things - one is driving and other one is... you know what I'm on about, right? Anyways, D1 Gold boosted my driving ego skywards, so thats one thing taken care of... now for the second one... plenty of years ahead of me to hit D1G in other thing. haha

:lol:
Good luck with your karting 👍

Karting is not really comparable to a full size car either. Case in point: I suck at karting but am pretty quick in a car. Go figure. :P

Karting is not really comparable to a full size car either. Case in point: I suck at karting but am pretty quick in a car. Go figure. :P
Speaking of which...

In GTA, did they give you time to learn or get accustomed the cars? I would think if by some sort of a glitch I ended of that far I would be Very, very, VERY slow because of the clutch (DFGT don't have one and my car's has an auto box)

Karting is more about race craft than driving ability, and the weight of the driver can have a big effect...

Unless you're in the upper levels of karting the performance of the karts is normally very close, and on most tracks you're close to flat all the way round the lap. It's more about not making any mistakes and recognising the critical part(s) of the lap is that enable you to set up the pass than outright speed. I've done a fair amount of karting (including 2 seasons of pro karts), and even against relative novices on indoor events I often don't have the outright fastest lap... but it's rare I don't win.

Speaking of which...

In GTA, did they give you time to learn or get accustomed the cars? I would think if by some sort of a glitch I ended of that far I would be Very, very, VERY slow because of the clutch (DFGT don't have one and my car's has an auto box)

The real cars in the finals? The only car we drove during the competition that had a manual transmission was the drift car. Everything else was "flappy paddle". Although the race cars used during the final race (which Bryan won) were manual.

I've done a fair amount of karting (including 2 seasons of pro karts), and even against relative novices on indoor events I often don't have the outright fastest lap... but it's rare I don't win.

Same can be said for myself doing online races in GT5. Rarely do I end up with pole position or the fastest lap, but wins come a bit easier.

Speed in time trials doesn't necessarily convert in to ability to race.

Some people can be fast when they have unlimted time and laps to hit that one perfect one, but they may not have the necessary race craft, or ability to be consistent under pressure, when other cars are around them.

And speed in GT5 is no sure fire indication of real driving ability... or vice versa.

I couldnt agree with that more! Yes people may be fast in a time trial with no other cars on track, but when you got 30 cars around you and pressure from all sides, its a different story!

For the real cars vs GT skills transfer.......there is one thing that exists in real life that doesn't in GT. And it is what separates the men from the boys when it comes to outright pace..................FEAR. Be it conscious or sub-conscious, fear or lack thereof will separate 2 drivers of equal skill. It's what makes a driver brake earlier or delay going to the throttle that fraction of a second. FEAR does not exist in GT.....if you crash....reset off you go again.

I'm generally pretty competitive in GT5, Kart or Car but having done all 3 I know that fear or pucker factor HAS slowed me down from time to time in real life.....but NEVER in GT.

Just my take on it.

For the real cars vs GT skills transfer.......there is one thing that exists in real life that doesn't in GT. And it is what separates the men from the boys when it comes to outright pace..................FEAR. Be it conscious or sub-conscious, fear or lack thereof will separate 2 drivers of equal skill. It's what makes a driver brake earlier or delay going to the throttle that fraction of a second. FEAR does not exist in GT.....if you crash....reset off you go again.

I'm generally pretty competitive in GT5, Kart or Car but having done all 3 I know that fear or pucker factor HAS slowed me down from time to time in real life.....but NEVER in GT.

Just my take on it.

Bingo. 👍

Good point. I know that the few times I've been on track fear has definitely played a factor in how much I push. I think that's why I pay GT5 now. It's also a little cheaper. I've spent a small fortune on cars... ok a big fortune. And skills are transferable - I'm as crappy in real life as I am in GT5.

You know what I'd like to see, some sort of way to rate your own skills as a driver, a series of tests or something like that, complete a course in a certain car within a certain amount of time, I don't know, other things along those lines, to see just how good a driver you are relative to everyone else, because most of us probably think we're either super stars, mediocre, or about average, but that leaves many other spots inbetween, and I'd rather know I'm mediocre, than think I'm average when I'm really not.

You know what I'd like to see, some sort of way to rate your own skills as a driver, a series of tests or something like that, complete a course in a certain car within a certain amount of time, I don't know, other things along those lines, to see just how good a driver you are relative to everyone else, because most of us probably think we're either super stars, mediocre, or about average, but that leaves many other spots inbetween, and I'd rather know I'm mediocre, than think I'm average when I'm really not.

There is such thing and it's called WRS Qualifier.

I must mention my friend volkov93 whom I regard as one of the fastest on GT5. This guy has basically made me into what I am now (regarding GT5 of course).
Raced him today after a long break, he's rusty as hell but still managed to be extremly competetive against me. When he's in shape he has no troubles beating me by seconds and I'm not a slow guy (a race a while ago with him, TEHNIKRS4, tony1311 and me ended up in him winning by 7 seconds after 5 laps, crazy).

wow i was wondering if someone had discuss this.
I'm way too late commenting xD.
At least, the fastest i've race in America are for sure(racing): Lapierre4, GTP_Timeattack, A7xmaverick, and the fastest "elmatalumati"(Chilean).
Europe: Ti-tech85, x_X_x_ROSSI, Zkippe
Australia: GTP_dholland(dirty, and very annoying, but really fast)
i've race samurai once, but he didnt made a good race, so i cant tell how fast he is :P

... Year old thread.

Anyways, I'd honestly say that there isn't one "single" fastest person.

If you put me in a touring car, (a low-powered, race-prepped car) I'd be quite fast. If you put me in an F1 car, I'd be 10-15 seconds off of the pace. :indiff: Is it really fair to say that one person's the fastest overall, when everyone's talents are unique to them?

And, if I really had to pick a name of anyone I've raced with, who's not from GT Academy, I'd have to say cnd01 is quite fast, being an overall challenger in almost any car, on any game.

The guy can go from my own ITCC series, winning there, to winning in a high-horsepower, high-downforce prototype, to winning on iRacing... :scared:

I'll stick with touring cars. I've got a fighting chance there. :lol:

As of right now, I'd have to say Ti-tech85, with Immortalpilot a close second. I absolutely hate that guy, but you have to give him credit, he has some mad skills.

I havent race immortal, but I consider my self one of the quickest, and Titech, Rossi, and elmat, have a speed that I got really impressed.

Immortal is quick with racing tire and formula cars in particular, not sure if he stays fast in shuffle races or when using different race format like deadnutseven ( link on my sig ) - where all drivers qualify for a set lap time using their own choice of car on a set tire, mostly comfort soft for the faster driver ( some faster ones do not even use ABS or any other aids while competing with those using ABS and higher grade tire )

Everyone has the same lap time/pace, the deciding factor of winning is race craft and experience. Honesty and good will as well driver attitude on track ( clean, fair and courteous ) will make for better finishing and reputation, so it's not just being an alien quick in pace :lol:

For me, being fast is able to win on a level playing field, having a car with same lap time as others, running on harder compound tire and no aids, but can still win often even when starting from the back :) There are many online drivers from Asia who can drive fast in Nurb lobbies, they mostly raced with 500PP and SH tire, some uses truck or generally slower car, but can still win, and some of them do not use ABS or at time gives handicap by using comfort soft against others with SH. Getting rare to find though with so many kids and crazy hybrid lobbies.

Sadly the deadnuts club is currently in hiatus :(

You bring up a very good point concerning Immortal. Matter of fact, your whole post brings up good points in general. 👍 As I have never raced any of them, I was just going by what I have seen in past Academy results and online TT's, which I know is a lot different than being the best as far as being in a competitive race, or one with good race pace, if you will. Good points Rido and great post. 👍

FYI, TTs are not IMMORTALPILOT's strength. Insanely consistent fast pace and fighting cleanly through traffic is.

FYI, TTs are not IMMORTALPILOT's strength. Insanely consistent fast pace and fighting cleanly through traffic is.

Within the same lap time as other drivers ? or he's always posting faster lap times than the rest of the field ? If it's the latter, it's only a matter of dodging road blocks to get leading position. Having faster pace than the rest and only to fight through the traffic seems like driving against slower human "AI", no offense, just my observation. His F1 league seems to be dominated by him alone, his lap times and finishing times are always by a huge margin, several seconds if not maybe in minutes ?
In our Deadnutseven races, 1st through last often within a second or two, sometimes big three are within a few tenths of a second, just to show how close racing we have, door to door, bumper to bumper throughout several laps/whole race is common sight. I had a race once where my finishing 1st with 2nd car is just a bumper length difference :)

I would love to see him racing in a target lap time qualification format in his own F1 league, where all drivers will have similar lap times, being in faster pace holds no meaning anymore, passing 1 car in front or holding your own position would be a battle of wits and proofing your race craft + ability to hold pressure, while staying clean and fair. WRS have this sort of format borrowing from Deadnutseven club, they warmly received the format, where racing is more intense with no one having faster pace, winning is a real hard work and shows not only your skill/talent but also your mentality and attitude in the track.

ITCC has racing like that. The biggest margin of victory in 4 races was 0.7 seconds.

If you're uncomfortable with dicing, you're slow. You can normally make clean passes, but when you run out cars to draft off of, and the previous leader finds himself in the draft, there's only so much your speed in the corners can do, before the guy behind catches back up and starts trying to pass you again.

Driver talent isn't only about Time Trials.

Parity type racing is fun and has its place, I've done it on occasion, but prefer SPEC racing with divisions that allow drivers of similar skill level to race together. This really forces a driver to work on improving driver skill and race craft. If you are not racing spec , it might be difficult to know how you are really doing and what needs to be improved. Just my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Back