Who is the fastest GT5-er out there?

• Thread starter 599GT
  • 218 comments
Immortal is quick with racing tire and formula cars in particular, not sure if he stays fast in shuffle races or when using different race format like deadnutseven ( link on my sig ) - where all drivers qualify for a set lap time using their own choice of car on a set tire, mostly comfort soft for the faster driver ( some faster ones do not even use ABS or any other aids while competing with those using ABS and higher grade tire )

Everyone has the same lap time/pace, the deciding factor of winning is race craft and experience. Honesty and good will as well driver attitude on track ( clean, fair and courteous ) will make for better finishing and reputation, so it's not just being an alien quick in pace :lol:

For me, being fast is able to win on a level playing field, having a car with same lap time as others, running on harder compound tire and no aids, but can still win often even when starting from the back :) There are many online drivers from Asia who can drive fast in Nurb lobbies, they mostly raced with 500PP and SH tire, some uses truck or generally slower car, but can still win, and some of them do not use ABS or at time gives handicap by using comfort soft against others with SH. Getting rare to find though with so many kids and crazy hybrid lobbies.

Sadly the deadnuts club is currently in hiatus :(

True there is many different kind of speeds. Some is fast in Trucks, Sportscars or oneseaters. But one thing is sure, you cannot blame Immortal for having a bad/slow racecraft. When we drive in league he is pretty much driving on the limit for more than an hour.

Yes Joe, i'm talking about spec races.
Low grip tires, no abs, same car, from recomended list, or from the dealership.
We've race with the Calsonic GT-R too, and results are almost the same.

Cb
True there is many different kind of speeds. Some is fast in Trucks, Sportscars or oneseaters. But one thing is sure, you cannot blame Immortal for having a bad/slow racecraft. When we drive in league he is pretty much driving on the limit for more than an hour.

I'm not blaming anyone or saying someone has bad/slow racecraft, I never said that. If he's driving on the limit for long period, did he do that with the majority leading the race or alone ? If he does, that's more like having time trial. Spec racing is fun and good to have when all of the field have similar lap times/pace, maybe 1 to 3 seconds margin from pole to last qualifying and race end position. I prefer parity or shuffle racing online over spec racing, unless I know the drivers are all of equal level.

When I do parity, I never use ABS, often with comfort soft/a grade lower, while some others have SH tire and ABS on. It does not matter though - that's the beauty of it, as we all have same pace, that's where driver skill and race craft really come to play. The challenge is with what I have - sometimes having drivetrain disadvantage - FF against MR and FR or lower top speed car due to being faster in corners.

How can I get from back row to front, and hold it while it's harder to pass or defend on lower grade tire + braking without assistance and we are not even talking about being clean when entering/exiting corner door to door or bumper to bumper throughout the race :D

Variety is also another plus on our parity club, we have FF themed races - fighting understeer at Laguna Seca, supercars at high speed tracks like Monza and HSR ( draft and late braking battles ), rally cars at Autumn Ring, vintage american muscles at Grand Valley East reverse - really handful on comfort soft. All with SH tires as max limit. I'm talking too much now :lol: I better stop, yeah, if you think someone is really fast, he's not always fast, there's always someone who can pass him.

If in spec racing, someone always come on top, try parity, I am sure he won't always on top.

You should give SNAIL SPEC a try while deadnuts is on hold. I have a feeling you might like it. You will need to run a TT to be placed in the correct division.

Don't worry about 6-7 SNAILs made it to GTA NYC. We have 5 divisions to ensure close racing for all skill levels...with monthly promotion and relegation.

Last edited:
You should give SNAIL SPEC a try while deadnuts is on hold. I have a feeling you might like it. You will need to run a TT to be placed in the correct division.

Don't worry about 4-5 SNAILs made it to GTA NYC. We have 5 divisions to ensure close racing for all skill levels...with monthly promotion and relegation.

I'm too busy building cars now with so many build requests - check my hybrids at photomode forum :)

Mostly doing cruise with my creation and some highway battles with friends, then occasional shuffle -when I'm free. I am not interested in doing league races now, I can't make commitment with scheduled races. Thanks for the offer though, I did consider to join SNAIL before I raced at Deadnuts last year, someone from here recommended SNAIL to me when I was in a shuffle room online. But I got addicted with Deadnuts after following a mate's advice :)

I'm not blaming anyone or saying someone has bad/slow racecraft, I never said that. If he's driving on the limit for long period, did he do that with the majority leading the race or alone ? If he does, that's more like having time trial. Spec racing is fun and good to have when all of the field have similar lap times/pace, maybe 1 to 3 seconds margin from pole to last qualifying and race end position. I prefer parity or shuffle racing online over spec racing, unless I know the drivers are all of equal level.

When I do parity, I never use ABS, often with comfort soft/a grade lower, while some others have SH tire and ABS on. It does not matter though - that's the beauty of it, as we all have same pace, that's where driver skill and race craft really come to play. The challenge is with what I have - sometimes having drivetrain disadvantage - FF against MR and FR or lower top speed car due to being faster in corners.

How can I get from back row to front, and hold it while it's harder to pass or defend on lower grade tire + braking without assistance and we are not even talking about being clean when entering/exiting corner door to door or bumper to bumper throughout the race :D

Variety is also another plus on our parity club, we have FF themed races - fighting understeer at Laguna Seca, supercars at high speed tracks like Monza and HSR ( draft and late braking battles ), rally cars at Autumn Ring, vintage american muscles at Grand Valley East reverse - really handful on comfort soft. All with SH tires as max limit. I'm talking too much now :lol: I better stop, yeah, if you think someone is really fast, he's not always fast, there's always someone who can pass him.

If in spec racing, someone always come on top, try parity, I am sure he won't always on top.

Sounds great fun I enjoy bumper racing. I do a lot of abs off racing with low tires aswell it is great fun to race some 5 laps with clean guys.
I will be taking a break from the comfort tires and get used to the slicks again very soon because of league start..

Anyways
The fastest Gt5-er, to me Ti-tech has proven that he is the best time trialist. But it is hard to say who is the fastest guy out there.
Just like the world cup athletics today, there is sprinters and long distance runners, people who like to throw stuff and so on. Different categories with the best people in each category.

When we race, we always use the same car, it's not parity at the moment that we are not at the same conditions IMO. I said that those guys are the fastest not because they win everytime. Everyone committed mistakes, or sometimes many if us are having a good day, or know better some tracks. They just win most of the times, and sometimes have a pace that nobody can follow for more than 2 laps. That's because I say that they're the fastest, especially Titech. Everyone who has race with him knows what i'm talking about

Back