Who loves Brussels Sprouts?

• Thread starter Saidur_Ali
  • 162 comments

Who loves Brussels Sprouts?

• Total voters
I treated myself to a Double Double last time I was in California and it was certainly nicer than the burgers back home. My friends couldn't understand why I would go out of my way to eat an In N Out though.

I remember when Texas started to get In-n-Out locations. I tried it and I was like "meh". Whataburger is more correct for Texas, in my opinion. (Though my favorite from WB is the honey bbq chicken strip sandwich...ughhhhh :drool::drool::drool:)

But out here....and I'm not sure if it's because it's actually better or if the California ambiance somehow elevates it, but In-n-Out feels just so right. It helps that it's just straight up dirt cheap too.

Any visitor to Ca needs to stop by.

I also run them through a food processor raw using the slicing blade and make a wonderful substitute for cabbage in a slaw.

This. I don't like them all that much outside of this usage, but I love to make a citrus slaw with them, and put it on fish tacos.

EDIT: I made this post after reading only the first page. Apologies for going off-topic in what is now the burger thread.

EDIT: I made this post after reading only the first page. Apologies for going off-topic in what is now the burger thread.
:lol:

I think the way this thread has been used illustrates the desire for a general food thread for the masses, not simply one dedicated to talking about what you're currently cramming in your face.

Brussels Sprouts are a good source of fiber & potassium, they also have a decent amount of protein (but have a great protein to fat/calorie ratio). I don’t care much for them, but they look like a good post workout snack (they lack the carbs for pre workout food).

Too bad there isn’t a poll for celery, my favorite vegetable.

I'd rather take my chances of contracting an illness and dying from eating raw cookie dough.

Brussels Sprouts are a good source of fiber & potassium, they also have a decent amount of protein (but have a great protein to fat/calorie ratio). I don’t care much for them, but they look like a good post workout snack (they lack the carbs for pre workout food).

Too bad there isn’t a poll for celery, my favorite vegetable.
I tend to love foods depending on whether they taste nice rather than their health benefits.

Also, the burger that is head & shoulders above any other burger (as well as almost every food generally) is the criminally-delicious Frita from Frita Batidos in Ann Arbor, Mi. It's worth going to Michigan just for it. *looks at airline tickets to Michigan*@Rallywagon can probably support this.

I now have a reason to go to Ann Arbor.

As for brussels sprouts, I'll take 'em or leave 'em. My mom prepares them really well, but they're still just so-so to me.

On burger talk, I've never had In & Out, but for fast food my go-to is typically Steak n' Shake or Culver's. I can't say I've been disappointed at Culver's, but they also pride themselves on their use of butter, so that might explain it. One of my favorite burgers I've had recently was at a local bar, the mac 'n cheese burger. Mmmmmmmmmm, so American. That or a bacon & bleu would be my favorite... for now.

I now have a reason to go to Ann Arbor.

As for brussels sprouts, I'll take 'em or leave 'em. My mom prepares them really well, but they're still just so-so to me.

On burger talk, I've never had In & Out, but for fast food my go-to is typically Steak n' Shake or Culver's. I can't say I've been disappointed at Culver's, but they also pride themselves on their use of butter, so that might explain it. One of my favorite burgers I've had recently was at a local bar, the mac 'n cheese burger. Mmmmmmmmmm, so American. That or a bacon & bleu would be my favorite... for now.
Bacon and bleu is a weakness for sure! That, and chicken sandwhichs are hard for me to turndown, whether it’s grilled or fried.

I tend to love foods depending on whether they taste nice rather than their health benefits.

That’s fine, but there are people like me that would rather eat tuna, than bacon.

I also like bleu cheese, tastes great with very spicy wings.

That’s fine, but there are people like me that would rather eat tuna, than bacon.

I also like bleu cheese, tastes great with very spicy wings.

Do Americans call blue cheese bleu? And if you're saying "bleu" then why say "cheese" instead of "fromage"? And blue cheese isn't healthy by any means, bacon's around 13% fat while fromage bleu is around 30%. Both delicious for that reason :D

Do Americans call blue cheese bleu? And if you're saying "bleu" then why say "cheese" instead of "fromage"? And blue cheese isn't healthy by any means, bacon's around 13% fat while fromage bleu is around 30%. Both delicious for that reason :D
I know a Jaime Jimenez. According to him, his first name starts with a "J" sound ("jay-me" instead of "high-may") and his lat name starts with an "H" sound. Why does he get to have it both ways?

Edit: I prefer Gorgonzola anyway.

50% in favour of the Sprouts. What can I say, I'm an optimist. :sly:

I bought Sprouts again. Second time in one week. :bowdown:

Inspired by this thread I wanted to pick up some frozen brussel sprouts. I just wanted a big bag to keep in the freezer. All they had were these.

Green-Giant-Brussel-Sprouts-with-Sea-Salt-and-Cracked-Pepper.png

These are microwave only, and they weren't very evenly cooked. A few were mush, and a few were not cooked enough. I would much rather boil them.

They were pretty good but they could have been cooked better.

HgUQvGR.jpg

I made a meal out of these because for lunch, I had a double meat, double cheese mushroom burger with bacon and fries from Whataburger.

Inspired by this thread I wanted to pick up some frozen brussel sprouts. I just wanted a big bag to keep in the freezer. All they had were these.

Green-Giant-Brussel-Sprouts-with-Sea-Salt-and-Cracked-Pepper.png

These are microwave only, and they weren't very evenly cooked. A few were mush, and a few were not cooked enough. I would much rather boil them.

They were pretty good but they could have been cooked better.

HgUQvGR.jpg

I made a meal out of these because for lunch, I had a double meat, double cheese mushroom burger with bacon and fries from Whataburger.
I'm appalled. You actually ate them. :yuck:

Yeah...I doubt the poll results are representative of the 235 registered GTP users [with visible online status] currently online, much less the general public.

Yeah...I doubt the poll results are representative of the 235 registered GTP users [with visible online status] currently online, much less the general public.

So your saying, If Trump was a vegetable he'd be a brussel sprout? :lol:

upload_2019-1-30_18-32-47.jpeg

Back