Who still plays Need for Speed Carbon?

United States
The US of A
I still like to play it often on my PS2 and it is still one of my favorite NFS games! I go into the game often to drive my black skeleton Corvette Z06 (My favorite car) and my other custom cars.

I just got he PS3 version of the game yesterday and i plan to start the fun all over again in HD!:dopey: For years i have wanted to race online and get the exclusive reward cards, that was one of the main reasons why i got the PS3 version as well as being able to move vinyls faster and better than the PS2 version.

Last edited:
The online for Carbon might have been turned off. I know they axed ProStreet's online service & since Carbon was before Prostreet it might of got axed as well.

The online for Carbon might have been turned off. I know they axed ProStreet's online service & since Carbon was before Prostreet it might of got axed as well.
I don't think so, i was able to download a ghost (which is part of the online exclusive reward card) and it worked just fine. I didn't get any errors on connecting to EA Nation ether.

I played it a little bit on my PS2. But I got extremely bored of it after a week of playing.

Guess they kept it on then. Prostreet was crap online.
Yea since Prostreet wasn't a hit, it got cut off fast.:crazy: After googling and doing what i did yesterday, im going to assume Carbon's servers are still up.

Anyway, do you have the PS3 version?

NFS Carbon was the game that made me like the series. But now the new titles are horrible. I am playing NFS MW on my PS3, but the controls are super sensitive.

Also, I originally played Carbon on my GameCube and I was wondering if you can drive the Audi LMQ Concept in free roam on other systems. I beat it (in a corvette z06. Amazing car) and never got it for free roam.

NFS Carbon was the game that made me like the series. But now the new titles are horrible. I am playing NFS MW on my PS3, but the controls are super sensitive.
Yea i agree, Carbon was like my 2nd or 3rd favorite game (My most favorite is Underground 2), anything from Shift and beyond has been a massive disappointment for me.:yuck: I have missed the 2nd generation NFS games since they ended.Indiff: I got Mosted Wanted for christmas and so far i like it better than the others they released recently but i still prefer Carbon.👍 I never really liked the original Most Wanted ether.
Also, I originally played Carbon on my GameCube and I was wondering if you can drive the Audi LMQ Concept in free roam on other systems. I beat it (in a corvette z06. Amazing car) and never got it for free roam.
No unfortunitly you can't.:indiff: It's only for quick race.:crazy: I also used the Corvette Z06 to beat him as well.;)
http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

If you ever wonder which EA games are getting online axed that's the page to go to.

& no I don't have Carbon for the PS3 just the PS2.
Okey, the link for some reason does not work,:indiff: but i did look it up and i found it.;) According to this, only the PSP version of Carbon was shut down. So i guess that means PS3 is still up!:dopey:
I play it from time to time.
Same here.👍 What console(s) you got it for?:)
Oh, and by the way, sick profile pic Sonygamer.
Thank you!:D It's my Taiga Mettalic Bugatti Veyron in GT5 doing a wheelie on trial mountain!:dopey: I've had it since i signed up here because it's just plain awesome!:drool: Im surprised Carbon doesn't have it!:dunce:
I love that game.
I love it to!:D So much i got it again!:dopey::lol:
I didnt know they made a ps3 version. Thanks for making this thread now i know they do.
Your welcome!:) For a while i didn't know ether.:dunce: You should get it for the PS3, it's even more awesome on that system!:D Plus they have online exclusive reward cards that give really awesome rewards!;) Have to do online races to get them though.:indiff: I could use a challenger in the game.;)

This was one of my favorite's. Had it on my PSP first the 'own the city version' after I completed that on my PSP I bought the same game on my PS2. Loved it, unfortunately I don't have a PS2 neither PSP anymore.

This was one of my favorite's. Had it on my PSP first the 'own the city version' after I completed that on my PSP I bought the same game on my PS2. Loved it, unfortunately I don't have a PS2 neither PSP anymore.
Well i hate that.:indiff: I hate that your missing out.:indiff: Well if you still want to play it again, you can get the PS3 version.👍 It's even better than the PS2 version.👍

Thank you!:D It's my Taiga Mettalic Bugatti Veyron in GT5 doing a wheelie on trial mountain!:dopey: I've had it since i signed up here because it's just plain awesome!:drool: Im surprised Carbon doesn't have it!:dunce:

I've seen some NFSC videos from the PC version with Bugatti Veyron mods. I'm not sure if it was just a re-skinned Audi Le Mans coded to be drivable in free roam, or if the guy actually created a new vehicle slot in the game with the name, car model, and performance stats included.

I've seen some NFSC videos from the PC version with Bugatti Veyron mods. I'm not sure if it was just a re-skinned Audi Le Mans coded to be drivable in free roam, or if the guy actually created a new vehicle slot in the game with the name, car model, and performance stats included.
Oh yes i know what your talking about!;) Mods, i have seen this before on Youtube for Carbon, Prostreet and Most Wanted. Basically what they did was simply put a different car body on it, thats really all it is from what i gather, but it is awesome!👍 Sadly it can only be done on PC.:indiff: I have seen a Ferrari FXX before in another video.:drool:

Previously Shut Down Online Service

Need for Speed Carbon for PlayStation Portable
Need for Speed Most Wanted for PC, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360
Need for Speed ProStreet for PC and PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Need for Speed Undercover for PlayStation Portable
Need for Speed Underground for PlayStation 2
Need for Speed Underground 2 for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox

Well thats Dope, I Hope the Dont axe BFBC1 D:

Literally saw this when I was listening to "I'm No Good" by The Vacation. I still play it on occasion. My baby is an orange Lamborghini Gallardo, and when I want to mess around with the cops, I have a metallic green Viper. Not sure why Most Wanted is always the remembered one, Carbon was better I'd you ask me. (And now "Joker & the Thief" by Wolfmother is playing, it's like my iPod knows what I'm doing) I still play Underground 2 as well, now that was a good game.

Still play it from time to time on the XBox. Carreer mode was short, but it's an ok game :)
You think that is short, the PS2 version of Undercover is even shorter!:eek: Honestly Carbon was one of my all time favorites.:)👍

Literally saw this when I was listening to "I'm No Good" by The Vacation.
Oh yes!💡 I used to listen to that song alot on my ipod as well and in the game.👍

I still play it on occasion. My baby is an orange Lamborghini Gallardo, and when I want to mess around with the cops, I have a metallic green Viper.
I plan to play it again soon now that i have the PS3 version.:D My baby i had on my PS2 back when the game came out on was my old black Corvette Z06 with a skeleton vinyl as well a custom painted skull and cross bones logo near the back, that is (and always has been) my favorite car.👍 I plan on resurrecting it soon on the PS3 and reliving some old memories.:dopey:

You know that gives me an idea! Maybe i should create a thread so everyone can post there rides in Carbon!💡 I would like to see yours.👍

Not sure why Most Wanted is always the remembered one, Carbon was better I'd you ask me. I still play Underground 2 as well, now that was a good game.
I agree with everything you said right here.:)👍 I never was a big fan of Most Wanted, it just didn't appeal to me. Carbon was way better in my opinion.👍 I do remember playing Underground 2 when i was 12 (im 19 now) and that was the first the Need for Speed game i ever played, and is still my most favorite Need for Speed game i ever played.👍 They have never done a better one in my opinion.
(And now "Joker & the Thief" by Wolfmother is playing, it's like my iPod knows what I'm doing)
One odd concideince after another!:lol:

Me too played it a little bit on my PS2.But i do not get bored due as this was really enjoying.
Quite frankly i got kind of bored from it because i played it so much years back and now there isn't anything more i can do on the ps2. (unless i get Action Replay Max:D) Luckly i have the PS3 version now and i will be starting the fun all over again in HD with even more cars to play around with than ever!:dopey:

Curious but does anybody know the PSN ID's to any EA Moderators?:confused: Looking to complete the reward card for the Porsche 911 GT3.

Last edited:
Owned all the Need For Speed's on the PS2, had all for PSP now have all for PS3 including Carbon.

Owned all the Need For Speed's on the PS2, had all for PSP now have all for PS3 including Carbon.
Excellant! I have been needing an online challenger for quite some time now! I think we can help each other out in the game.:)

You certainly have dedication to Need for Speed!👍

Last edited:
Has anyone ever succeded in knocking off the other guy in a canyon duel? I did it once on accident, and laughed until I came -this- close to needing a new pair of underwear.

I still play it, i like how you can beat Darius in a RX8.
Really? I think it tried that once but never succeeded.:indiff:
Has anyone ever succeded in knocking off the other guy in a canyon duel? I did it once on accident, and laughed until I came -this- close to needing a new pair of underwear.
Wow! Thats a first!:eek: I could never do that, never thought it was possible ether.

One thing I found out years ago on the ps2 version is if you do the first challenge series with the Lexus for the first time on a new profile, the opponent will drive off the cliff.;) You don't have to do anything to make it happen except stay behind him.;)

Back