Who still plays Need for Speed Carbon?

Well let me know if you ever get it.;) I need some competition, so far I only have one that can race with me.:indiff:

Last edited:
Unless you know how to mod to the PC version of it, there are no Hummers in Carbon. (which is sad:indiff:)

Underground 2 had them along with a few other SUV's.;)

Need For Speed (NFS), one of the best car racing games. I love it and have the most wanted version still on PS2 and i am mosytly on it. Though i want to play carbon as well but i find it quiet a lot tougher than Most Wanted. Even my friends are saying that it is a hard one, but not than black edition. Well, i have to try all of them to know but soon i will be on carbon too :)

I like it more than Most Wanted. Canyon duels are my favorite type of race in Carbon.

And the ability to give the cops (and anyone else who gets in the way, for that matter) the proverbial finger if they start being jackasses.

Thing I don't like is the blatant sandbagging by the bosses in the 2-lap turf battles in the city. If you (antagonist) can stage a late race comeback with such speed that would cringe
C H A R, then you should be able to win outright from the start, but no EA puts in a Catch-up feature that cannot be disabled in Career mode.

Skylines suck in this game, btw. Corvette Z06 ftw.

Need For Speed (NFS), one of the best car racing games. I love it and have the most wanted version still on PS2 and i am mosytly on it. :)
Yea Carbon truly is one of a kind! 👍

Though i want to play carbon as well but i find it quiet a lot tougher than Most Wanted. Even my friends are saying that it is a hard one, but not than black edition. Well, i have to try all of them to know but soon i will be on carbon too :)
You should! To be honest, I think Most Wanted (2005) is much harder.
like it more than Most Wanted.
Me to, always have! 👍
Skylines suck in this game, btw. Corvette Z06 ftw.
Skylines are actually pretty good at ramming cars. 👍 Yes, the Corvette is the best especially in Canyon Duel because when your challenging Darius, you can pass him on the first corner! :D

Also here is something interesting I found yesterday.

Someone managed to be able to drive the traffic cars and a few secrets on the PC version. Pity, them PC freaks have all the luck! :grumpy: I imagine it can be done PS2 with cheat devices, if anyone knows speak up! :)

And lastly this. This really caught my eye, it's the ability to break out of the city in free roam and visit the canyon! I believe it works on all consoles, I can confirm it works on PS2, haven't tried PS3 yet.

I actually made it to one of the drift tracks using this glitch as well as the canyon, but surely enough there was a stupid cop waiting there and then I flipped my car and couldn't reset it. :grumpy: Another thing I found was a mysterious place and I believe it is where you race with Nikki and Nevelle in the beginning of the game!

EDIT: Are the vid's working?

I picked up the PS3 version of Carbon yesterday in a sale (I rented it several times before) and am having a blast! It's much better than the PS2 version in every aspect, engine sounds, graphics etc. So far the car I have is a black Mazda RX 8 with flame vinyls (its painfully slow! :lol:) I haven't tried the online yet, but I'd imagine its dead.

I picked up the PS3 version of Carbon yesterday in a sale (I rented it several times before) and am having a blast! It's much better than the PS2 version in every aspect, engine sounds, graphics etc.]

Awesome! :D Yea same could be said for Prostreet, however with Carbon on PS2, there are action replay cheats that let you get every car in the game including ones like the collectors edition cars such as Koenieggseg CCX, Pagani Zonda and ETC. There's a thread about here on GTP I recently posted on. ;) PS3 version of Carbon is awesome! 👍

So far the car I have is a black Mazda RX 8 with flame vinyls (its painfully slow! :lol:) I haven't tried the online yet, but I'd imagine its dead.
Last time I tried it, it appeared to be, but knock on wood it is still on! :drool: They have some online reward cards that give you special bonuses, but you have to do online races to get them, which is why I have been looking for some challengers for the PS3. ;) If you know any others who have the PS3 version, let me know! ;)

Im thinking about taking a break from GT5 abit and getting back to Carbon some on the PS2 since I found this awesome glitch! :D I haven't played the PS3 version much yet, but I will very shortly. ;)

Slightly off topic: Are the videos I posted above you loading for you?:confused:

As of late I believe that they HAVEclosed down the nfs carbon servers. I play on xbox 360 and have always been able to connect to ea nation. But these past 3-4 weeks I haven't been able to do so. So unfortunate

Hmmmm I'll have to take a look at it, I haven't been on the game lately, I really need to be. I know some other games recently had there servers shut down.

I still like to play it often on my PS2 and it is still one of my favorite NFS games! I go into the game often to drive my black skeleton Corvette Z06 (My favorite car) and my other custom cars.

I just got he PS3 version of the game yesterday and i plan to start the fun all over again in HD!:dopey: For years i have wanted to race online and get the exclusive reward cards, that was one of the main reasons why i got the PS3 version as well as being able to move vinyls faster and better than the PS2 version.

NOTE: While im at it i will also mention this. If anybody has the PS3 version please tell me! Looking for some online racers to play against since i can't find any in the game itself.:ill: I don't care if your a GTPlanet member or not, if you want to race, just message me on PSN.;)
I love Carbon, sadly I have PS2 version. How did you beat Darius with a Corvette? I barely beat him in a Gallardo, and I only won because I scraped the wall on a corner to get a 40mph boost. My garage currently consists of, GT-R, Supra, Gallardo, Cayman, Camaro SS and DB9, all maxed out. Started with Camaro, bought Cayman after beating Kenji and Angie. won Wolf's DB9, and bought the Gallardo after unlocking it, then Bought the Supra and Skyline after beating Darius

Just bought it from Cex Exchange, and the disk doesn't work. Was really looking forward to this. :( One of the best NFS games out there. :) I still play it, well when i get the disk changed. ;)

Ooo i found it... :lol: Soundtracks were so interesting back then, BUT so good.... Newer generation is potatoes. :\

Edit:

I remember beating the last race with a STI xD thats when i was like 12 or 11.

I love Carbon, sadly I have PS2 version.
I think many of us started out with the PS2 version.

I always have liked Carbon and I can't believe it has been over 8 years since it was released! :eek: Feels like it was just yesterday I was playing it for the first time. Most timeless video game I have ever played.

How did you beat Darius with a Corvette?
I cut the first corner real tight, pass him and then hold it until the timer is up. It may take several tries but you can get it pretty easily after a while. (assuming your referring to the canyon duel)

Man. The sketchy main menu music was the best :lol:
I can never forget that menu music. It sounded awesome, especially while customizing.

I have this game for the ps2/ps3 and I love to play it. Apparently I've gotten good enough to beat Darius in kenjis rx7.

I own the PS2 version and I've beaten it five times.

First time I started out with the Muscle Career and just kinda did whatever on car choices.
Second time was a little more organized. I knew from my first playthrough what cars were the best, and this time around I had a uniform color scheme for all of my cars.

The next three times I actually did (somewhat) simultaneously. I decided that I would try the career on the different classes, and my car choices were to stick with the class that I started with. (This extended into crew members, so Muscle Career I had Neville, Samson, and Sal) I got the pink slip to all three boss cars, and just sold the other two that didn't fit into the class I picked. My progression was as follows:

Muscle Career:
Camaro > Angie's Charger (best Tier 2 vehicle I think) > Chevrolet Corvette (though Viper would have been second choice)

Tuner Career:
RX-8 > Kenji's RX-7 > Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX

Exotic Career:
Brera > Wolf's DB9 > Lamborghini Murcielago

Every career had a "theme" to it too. My muscle career cars were stylized like Hammerhead from Twisted Metal 2: Black with flames and skulls. Tuner career was stylized after Initial D cars (or as close I could get them given the circumstances.) White RX-8, Yellow RX-7, and a black Lan Evo. Exotics I actually tried to stylize after racing vehicles. I tried to do the red and white color scheme from the DTM 155 on the Brera, the British Racing Green LeMans color scheme on the DB9, and I can't seem to remember what I did for the Murcielago.

It was still pretty fun to try and stick with the class you start out with. I always found the muscle career easiest, with tuner being the hardest starting out but second easiest toward the end. Trying to finish the game with the Murcielago proved to be the hardest though. Technically, it's the best performer all-around, but I had an easier time using the Corvette and the Lan Evo to beat Darius because they had one trait that they excelled in and I used it to my advantage.

But yeah, it was all pretty fun considering I didn't really care for the customization culture that much. One thing I like about this game along with Most Wanted was that body kits and visual customizations weren't required to move through the game. If you wanted to add bodykits/wings/roof scoops etc, then you could. But if you didn't want to, you didn't have to.

I think many of us started out with the PS2 version.

I always have liked Carbon and I can't believe it has been over 8 years since it was released! :eek: Feels like it was just yesterday I was playing it for the first time. Most timeless video game I have ever played.

I cut the first corner real tight, pass him and then hold it until the timer is up. It may take several tries but you can get it pretty easily after a while. (assuming your referring to the canyon duel)

I can never forget that menu music. It sounded awesome, especially while customizing.
City race is real easy, canyon duel I had to take the second to last turn hitting the wall in a Gallardo, then I got ahead on straight and won. Might see if its easier with GT-R
And I love Carbon's music too.

Played Carbon on PS2 and i beat the game using a Supra from the intro. When I first played the Career mode, I got excited when I saw my BMW M3 GTR but then Cross came and totaled my M3 and thats where i got angry at Cross and the next time I will see him in a pursuit, I will total his Corvette.

With that being said, Cross you are a 🤬 for totalling my reclaimed car from Razor.

Back