Who still plays Need for Speed Carbon?

Carbon was heavily rushed, because of the cut content, and some presets had errors like overlaid bodykits or brake rotors being missing from some preset card, but modding fixed it heavily.

Wondering if the broken presets were made before they actually reintroduced seperate bumpers/sideskirts. Either that or someone doesn't know how to use the debug customization stuff properly.

Last edited:
Carbon was heavily rushed, because of the cut content, and some presets had errors like overlaid bodykits or brake rotors being missing from some preset card, but modding fixed it heavily.
Wondering if the broken presets were made before they actually reintroduced seperate bumpers/sideskirts. Either that or something doesn't or how to use the debug customization stuff properly.
It's worth noting I noticed a while back when hex editing in the game is if you apply the body kits by hex, they'll appear to be overlapping like the preset cars do, but if you install them normally through the game itself, they don't do that.

Basically what's going on is that widebody kits and bumpers/side skirts are considered to be seperate part slots from each other.

Stock body work is considered to be a bumper/skirts, rather than a single combined body kit like MW, meaning that you can separately apply a body kit over it. Obviously the game doesn't normally allow for this but it can be done via hex or debug tools. IIRC you can also manipulate pop-up headlights in a similar way.

Prostreet/Undercover made it so that each body kit is made of separate pieces, instead of some being seperate bumpers and some being a single combined part.

Yes that is how it is. But because EA forced Black Box to rush the game for November 2006, some presets had overlaid kits. According to Binary, i the AutosculptBumper being at 0 is how they are overlaid, should be NULL. The presets with this problem were mainly the modified Lexus IS300 (JCE10), Collector's Edition Black Lamborghini Murcielago Coupe and Cross' Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6)

Also, cars with 5 kits in MW, had one of their kits deleted to optimize the game for the consoles they would release it on. Thankfully, the Mustang GT (S197)'s deleted Kit 1 was already restored.

I wish it was remastered as I would still play it. Carbon was one of my all time favorite NFS games and the most time spent playing a NFS game. I re purchased Carbon many times after as each the next NFS games just didn't give me the NFS fix I needed during the Ps3 erra. Heat came close but just in my opinion couldn't match up to Carbon. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed Pro Street, Undercover, The Run, Shift 1&2 , NFS 2015, Payback and Heat.

Instead, this led to NFS Carbon being heavily modded. CBR had a great addon of cars

Also, a mod makes all logos HD.

I played some of it earlier today cause my wi-fi died. It's definitely my favorite NFS game, although I've never played the original MW. Couldn't seem to ever get any cops to spawn in Freeroam though, which is why I played it at all. If I wanted a pursuit I had to do the ones in the Challenge Series.

But damn, the pursuits are fun. Honestly the map is pretty great, just seems to get me trapped going in circles quite a bit (Silverton in particular is hard to find a way out of sometimes). I've been playing Carbon for over 10 years, and few other gaming experiences in my life are as cathartic and enjoyable as the pursuits in this game (And also in MW, I presume)

I played some of it earlier today cause my wi-fi died. It's definitely my favorite NFS game,
It's been my 2nd favorite NFS game for years now.
Couldn't seem to ever get any cops to spawn in Freeroam though, which is why I played it at all. If I wanted a pursuit I had to do the ones in the Challenge Series.
I haven't played Carbon in years now, but last I remember, it seems like getting the cops attention was kind of difficult at times in Carbon and they pretty much don't chase you as much as they did in MW.
Honestly the map is pretty great, just seems to get me trapped going in circles quite a bit (Silverton in particular is hard to find a way out of sometimes).
Yea I have seen others say something like this about the map as well, but I don't recall having any issues like that. (then again, it's been a long time since I have played it again)
I've been playing Carbon for over 10 years, and few other gaming experiences in my life are as cathartic and enjoyable as the pursuits in this game
If you like Carbon's pursuits, you'll love Most Wanted then because the games career literally requires you get into pursuits constantly to progress and getting into them is super easy as well, you won't have much issue finding trouble in there like you would in Carbon. Judging by this post alone, I really and truly think you'll have a great time with Most Wanted if you had this much fun with Carbon and I highly recommend you check it out if you haven't already.

Latest Posts

Back