Who still plays Need for Speed Carbon?

I absolutely adore this game!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad people still play it too. I'd love to race online with folk, by the time I got the PS3 version it was basically dead, so I'm astounded that the servers are still up!
I have the PS3 & PS2 ports, I think I can give online a try once I have a chance.

Just a random question from someone who doesn't play Carbon: How similar is the handling model to NFS World, the AI, and the police AI?

Just a random question from someone who doesn't play Carbon: How similar is the handling model to NFS World, the AI, and the police AI?
I haven't played NFSW in ages but I remember them being pretty similar

That really wierd, mid-2000's NFS game engine they used on Most Wanted, Carbon, and ProStreet.

Very similar gameplay, if you ask me.

They even carried over the Rhino from the first two games I mentioned...

IMG_8475.PNG

...Twice.

IMG_8476.JPG

Just finished this game. I used the RX8, RX7 and then the Evo. I was slightly disappointed to see that there was less emphasis on police chases compared to Most Wanted. Still, the Canyon Duels, races and drift events made up for that.

Random bump:

As I see this thread isn't getting a lot of love, I'd like to challenge all of you to something I did in NFS World:

The Mighty Million:

Take any legitimate in-game car to a Heat Level 5 pursuit.

By any legitimate means necessary (no Speedbreaker is allowed as well as no hacking the game), cause 1 million dollars(?) of Cost To State damage. Evade to win.

Random bump:

As I see this thread isn't getting a lot of love, I'd like to challenge all of you to something I did in NFS World:

The Mighty Million:

By any legitimate means necessary (no Speedbreaker is allowed as well as no hacking the game), cause 1 million dollars(?) of Cost To State damage. Evade to win.
That's not that hard fortunately but pursuit breakers are allowed? Also can I used my BMW?

Random bump:

The Mighty Million:

I would take this challenge, but I disagree with the no speedbreaker part since I tend to rely on it a lot.

Ironically I managed to pull it off with no hacks in Most Wanted just recently, but I used speedbreaker of course. I am almost done with Most Wanted and I intend to come back to this game sometime after.

Carbon doesn't have a playable cement truck, but Most Wanted did. We do of course have the fire truck and the dump truck in Carbon, fills me excitement wondering how it would be in a pursuit.
There is a A.I. car mod that the player can fully use, also done by the almighty Felipe.

I plan on doing what your doing, until I can get my PC parts ready and set.

If you easily beat that... you won't be able to beat this (never done this because I don't have the game, although I did do something similar in NFS World which was Mass Murder v1):

Mass Murder (v2)

Heat Level 8. Any legit game car allowed. You are allowed to use a maximum of ten pursuit breakers. (V1 was unlimited, but you had no nitrous)

Disable 200 cop cars. No Speedbreaker. (Version 1 was disabling 85 cop cars in a crappy Nissan GTR in NFS World) No hacking. Evade after wrecking 200 cop cars to win.

Also this challenge:

"What's the Problem, Officer?"

Cause a chase lasting for 20 minutes and evade it while staying under (depending of challenge difficulty):

Easy: 80 mph
Medium: 60 mph
Hard: 50 mph
Masochist: 40 mph (beware of going too slow and getting busted, stay above 30 mph I think?)
Insane Person: 31 mph (you will get busted if you drop under 30 mph in World, idk about carbon)

Heat Level 8 (again), pursuit breakers allowed, any game car allowed, no speedbreaker, and no nitrous. Only things you can do in the legit game (aside from heat level 8) are allowed.

Should you exceed this speed intentionally (an unforced error like ignorance of the speedometer, etc.), you instantly fail. If it is unintentional (as in a forced error like a cop rear-ending you), then you must slow down to the speed and continue going.

Last edited:
I recently tried to install NFS:C on my PC but then I realised it didn't work on Windows 10 because they removed SecuROM support.

Rest in Peace, dear friend.

Anybody beat the three challenges I posted above yet?

(If you want to be the most super awesomenest, then try beating all three at once!)

I recently tried to install NFS:C on my PC but then I realised it didn't work on Windows 10 because they removed SecuROM support.

Rest in Peace, dear friend.
Carbon will work on Windows 10, but you may need to acquire it from...how do I put it...alternative sources. ;)

Anybody beat the three challenges I posted above yet?

(If you want to be the most super awesomenest, then try beating all three at once!)
I tried the first one, but my PC kept crashing around 8 minutes into a pursuit. Also, how do you get a car to heat level 8? Max I can get any of mine to (using a save editor) is 5 and it never goes any higher.

I tried the first one, but my PC kept crashing around 8 minutes into a pursuit. Also, how do you get a car to heat level 8? Max I can get any of mine to (using a save editor) is 5 and it never goes any higher.

I think there are mods that allow you to do it?

After beating Most Wanted, I'm re-doing this as well.

Kinda dissapointed to remember how tiny this game is compared to U2 and MW...

Recently got my Elgato Game Capture to work with my PS2 and have gotten back into playing NFS Carbon

Back