Who still plays Need for Speed Carbon?

Modding this game is fun.

Need for Speed™ Carbon 6_19_2018 11_37_47 PM.png

Need for Speed™ Carbon 7_16_2018 12_36_35 AM.png

Carbon traffic AI was always jank so I assume it's related to that.

Besides that, there's a few issues with textures and missing geometry here and there but otherwise, the map is mostly functional. Just need to move the safehouses/carlots and port the MW races over, something that people are working on already.

I used to own a copy of this game on the PS2, but now I no longer have it. There was nothing left for me in that one.

Check out this amazing mod, adds more cars to the game from most wanted, new ones too, improves and fixes even more stuff, etc, i have been following and waiting the release of this and i can tell you it is going to get even better.

I still play, on PC, got the Improvement Mod for the game,
Did you know that the starting car will also change the unlocks: Especially, the following cars are exclusive based on starting choice
  • Start with Mazda RX-8 SE3P (Tuner): Volkswagen Golf MkV R32, 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (BNR34)
  • Start with Alfa Romeo Brera (Exotic): Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG (R230), Porsche Carrera GT (980)
  • Start with 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396 (Muscle): 2006 Dodge LX Charger SRT-8, 1967 Shelby GT500 (Eleanor)

boss going off track in canyon event
This can only happen with Wolf in the tier 2 boss canyon event, and it's both rare and scripted, always at the same point. Wolf isn't killed since you seem him later on in a tier 3 race and also the first two of the final four boss races.

tier 3 cars unlocking early
As soon as you defeat the final tier 2 boss, tier 3 cars are unlocked and will show up in any race after that, including a defend race that can randomly get triggered in the race where you defeat the tier 2 boss. If you're in a tier 2 with AI in tier 3 cars, the game will compensate, but tier 3 rubber banding is much more challenging than tier 1 or 2, regardless of how fast your car is. Using speed breaker (slows down time) usually defeats the rubber banding logic, while using nitrous tends to cause the AI to speed up as well.

fastest cars
Fastest car is the Cop Z06 (classified as tier 2 muscle, with almost nothing showing on performance bars), but can only be acquired with a car unlocker or perhaps hex editting a save. Unlike most cars in Carbon, it doesn't oversteer, similar to the CCX, but with much more power. The Cop Z06 can be used for career mode, but if you click on select car in the garage, it will disappear. The Cop Z06 doesn't drift well due to it's high grip, but it can score enough points to win the career drift events. Fastest tier 1 car is the 240SX (which may be a collector's edition only car?). Fastest tier 2 car is the Elise (R32 slightly better for canyons). Fastest tier 3 car is the regular Z06 for most tracks, and the Audi Lemans is a bit faster at a few tracks (like Condo Row).

PC online reward card - beat a moderator
This was never possible, because when EA created the PC database for Carbon accounts, they didn't include a field to note that an account belonged to a moderator.

PC Carbon online
It was running as of 1 or 2 weeks ago. Occasionally I'll set some weekly records on the leaderboards, trying to get friend requests, for possible online play, but for the last year or so, there is very little leaderboard activity, and almost all of that is players doing career mode events while logged in.

World versus Carbon versus Most Wanted handling
The cars in World don't handle the same as either game. Although the graphics, and perhaps the physics of World were based on Carbon, the cars were tuned with simpler physics, and virtually no oversteer. Relative performance of cars in any NFS game bears little resemblance to their real world counterparts.

As of now, there is a mod that can change your starter cars to any car, instead of the Brera as starting supercar, why not make the R8 or M3 GTR a starter, or even replace the 1967 Camaro with the Corvette C6 Z06.

Ah yes, graphics mods that are made with people who only know how to use reshade instead of modifying the actual game, and seem to have gotten obsessed with excessive amounts of saturation and contrast.

NFS Carbon is very underrated in its original form, it runs in an improved MW engine so it has some nice traits (better textures and sounds). Problem is the police was copypasted from MW so you can even have Cross chasing you sometimes despite him no longer being a cop.

NFS Carbon is very underrated in its original form, it runs in an improved MW engine so it has some nice traits (better textures and sounds). Problem is the police was copypasted from MW so you can even have Cross chasing you sometimes despite him no longer being a cop.
He's a bounty hunter, though. He's there to collect cash for catching you. And while yes, a bounty hunter involved in a police chase is probably not legally able to happen IRL, it's NFS, they don't have to be real.

Also, having a car that isn't black and white chasing you breaks up the monotony somewhat.

Back