who thinks the R34 Skyline is ugly?

• Thread starter GTS
  • 80 comments
 First off, no Ithink the R34 is pretty nice. Secondly, it's a kick ass car so wouldn't you sacrifice looks for performance? If you use the in-car view it matters even less!

dont ever talk about the skyline like that. i've first hand sat in one. actually to think about it my brother has one. wait to think about it once again my brother and his friends own 4 actually skylines. dont believe me? check out www.draglab.com. and look at the hot import night results for best nissan. my bro and his crew took all three positions. any questions?

I think he asked if the car was ugly. Not if you could prove your brother owns a skyline.

Anyways, Im a straight body line car kinda man. I like the skylines styling.

It really dosen't follow the traditional supercar look.

The front of the Skyline is one of the best on any car. It's big and mean and low to the ground. The wide rear axle and resulting bulges over and around the rear tires are also beautiful. Also, you can't get one in N. America without importing, and that sucks pretty big. Skyline is awesome.

By the way, some cars I DO think are ugly:

Any Honda Civic ever made except 3-doors
1st Gen Hyundai Tiburon
Suzuki Swift
Maybach (ughh)
The Mazda 3
The Pontiac Vibe
Aztec
Rendezvous

to name a few.

The Skyline IS ugly as death - but like Subaru Imprezza it is so ugly it is beautiful. Form follows function.

Give me an "ugly" car that performaces any day over one with a body kit, pointless bolt on parts and graphics that looks "cool" (to some).

Performance is all that matters!

Personally I like the skyline but I think it is like the enzo or veyron in that it may not be the best looking car , but you ignore that because it performs so well. It's all about functionality. Does a caterham 7 look good, no no it really doesn't. So why are they still being made? because they perform so well.

I see Aztecs in my nightmares. What was GM thinking!

Almost all Pontiacs are pretty nasty.

The R34 looks more like a sedan than a performance vehicle. I don't really understand it.

For those whom support the GTR 34, thanks, to those whom think it's ugly...

... well I dunno what to say... everbody has their opnions about cars. A car dosen't really need to have a 'fixed' tradation or look really, the look of any car, be it a regular car or a 'supercar' follows form and function usually.

I like how the GTR 34 looks quite a bit, I don't think there's a need to do any changes to it externally unless it's meant to improve something on the inside. A car is beautlifu in what it is inside and out and also looks can't be made to impress everbody, I'm sure somewhere someone thinks a Ferrari F40 is UGLY as an example.

In short, I love the way the skyline looks, be it the 32, the 33, the 34, so as far as the thread goes, who thinks the R34 is ugly... I say I don't...

I would go futher but then I may take a side I don't want to plus someone is going to can me on what I've said anyway, espically even though as only an example, some could think the F40 could be ugly (again only as an example of what I mean about opnions and crap)... oh well... that's what I've got to think...

Till later...

R_Riders
I'm sure somewhere someone thinks a Ferrari F40 is UGLY as an example.

The difference is that people who think the f40 is ugly call it badass. People who don't like the look of the skyline start threads. I guess there is just a certain amount of respect in the supercar world. The skyline ( though alleged by some) is not quite there yet. It is in the category of japanese performance which can be harsher than other areas of the automotive world.

Skyline = not ugly
aztec = "oh god, I need a barf bag"

There are many cars much uglier than the skyline that we could be dissing right now.

actually gts, i am pretty sure on this forum there would be less than 15 votes for saying the skyline is ugly. speaking of, why don't you make a poll and lets find out.

the skyline could be better but it could be way way worse. pontiac aztek, those are a good meaning of ugly. i don't see what people like about them. sad thing is they are really common (there has to be about 15 in my town and my town has about 1800 people).

xcsti
I guess there is just a certain amount of respect in the supercar world. The skyline ( though alleged by some) is not quite there yet.

I gotta agree with you there. While Skyline was an amazing car it isn't quite there as a supercar yet. It is not in the same league as an Enzo, Zonda or Carrera GT. Of all the japanese sportscars I think it is the closest (the NSX being next on the list) of them all, at least from the major makes, but not quite there yet.

I do dig the car though, great fun to drive, at about the same level as a top end 911 in my book.

Why not create this topic in the automotive forums since it's to do with the Skyline and not GT3.

As for the Skyline being a supercar, it depends on your interperetation of what a supercar is. In general the Skyline GT-R is considered a supercar as are most 911 models, and we all know the R34 GT-R can keep up with and beat most factory 911's, it's only the really top ones like the GT3 and GT2 that will beat it on a track.

I like the R-34 body - it suits the car. Anything else just wouldn't be an R-34. It's like the Subaru 22B - Any other shape and it just wouldn't be the 22B, whether it's ugly or not.

The R-34 is not the most beautiful of cars, but it's by no means the ugliest, either.
Maybe we should start a thread: "What car do you think is the most beautiful of all?"

you must hate the zonda C12 also. and all other aggressively model'ed cars. Lol, i dont really see a pt to this thread other than boredom, which i guess is ok :) . everyone has their opinions. but is this thread has no end except for when people get tired of posting.
European sports/supercars tend to be shown more respect than japanese llol, and forget getting respect from euros when it comes to american cars (top gear). Tha bastards couldnt bring themselves to call the GT ugly so they say its not completely American but actually brittish or something. :MAD: most think american cars are only good on straights.

The one normal looking girl in the munsters thought she was ugly.... because she thought the munsters were beautiful
:dunce:

Heh, I think the Skyline R34 is decent looking but thanks to 2fast 2 furious and NFSU this car has been way too overated IMO.

2f2f.. haha fun movie.

skyline R34...
. i think R33 is better looking on the front, but i hate R33's ass (rear).
if they had R33's front on the front.. and R34's ass on the rear..
that would look pretty good.

R34's front view and rear view is sharp and square.
I think that that matches R34's character.

P.S.: R32's front view is dull, isn't it?

Beautiful car especially since it has power to back it.
This is still my favorite skyline. Nissan Skyline Blitz
nissan_blitz_skyline_gtr_01.jpg

lol well that "bulky" skyline could keep up nad possibly beat ur idea of a "lean and mean" sports car i.e the Vet or the 911

Back