who thinks the R34 Skyline is ugly?

• Thread starter GTS
  • 80 comments
Who called the Impreza ugly!! :ouch: They aren't ugly!! Well they ain't pretty either....

Same with the Skyline... It ain't pretty but it ain't ugly~~

Heck!! They do their friggin job extremely well don't they? 👍

come to think of it..

WHO CARES ABOUT THE LOOKS OF THE CAR (unless you're one of those "cool looking and suped up cars" guys)
it's alllll about what's under the hoood ;]

the R34 is a wicked design. You probly don't think the Enzo looks good either then cuz it's not nice to look at in a regular sense because of it's odd proportions/layout, but it's absolutely beautiful in a mechanical way.

producepete
I personally like the look of the ER32 better thant he ER34. Plus, the R32 is a faster, lighter Skyline than the R34.

That's kinda true.

The R32 GT-R has basically all the fruit in an R34, except in a lighter shell. But, the R34 is basically an all round better sports car.

Anderton
Okay here's a semi-related question: In GT3, which is the best non-racing Skyline to use, in your opinion?

I like the R34 the most. I like cars in GT3 that are good out of the box, with no add-ons or tuning but can als take tuning when needed and the R34 is that (there are maybe 5 cars I feel this way about).

I also will use the FR model (r32?) once in a while for the 80s cups and the limited drifting I do.

Anderton
Okay here's a semi-related question: In GT3, which is the best non-racing Skyline to use, in your opinion?

I like either a worked R34 GTR V-Spec, or the NISMO GTR LM Road car.
The R tune and S tune are good as well, but I like these two the best.

Pink_the_Floyd
Me to,just hate them!!

Let's do a bio on Pink.
* You don't drive EVO crap.
* You hate GTR's.

What do you like, then? I'm curious.
It must be a ball-tearer, considering that the GTR and the EVO are two of the most highly regarded Japanese cars around. Many people consider them to be better than most Euros and muscle cars.

avenger
Let's do a bio on Pink.
* You don't drive EVO crap.
* You hate GTR's.

What do you like, then? I'm curious.
It must be a ball-tearer, considering that the GTR and the EVO are two of the most highly regarded Japanese cars around. Many people consider them to be better than most Euros and muscle cars.

SUPRA'S OFFCOURSE!!!!!!And oldtimers.

avenger
Supra's good. "Dead Sexy" too.

Here's an idea: pop the fuse in a GTR to make it RWD and touge it against a Supra!
Go you good thing!

Nah,give me the natural Supra,sexier,faster and smoother shape then that damn block on wheels of a Skyline.

Pink_the_Floyd
Nah,give me the natural Supra,sexier,faster and smoother shape then that damn block on wheels of a Skyline.

Hmmm...

93%20Toyota%20Supra%20Turbo%20(1)%20(2).jpg

28.jpg

I don't know... which one suits my handbag better? Where do I get black lipstick?

that is one sexy *****. 👍 omg.... I've seen a skyline once in my whole life in person in new york. and it blew me away. same thing w/ the gt40 and many other cars. It's one of those cars that has a presence.

Pink_the_Floyd
This isn't the normal Skyline!

No, it's an R34 V-Spec Nur.
Besides, that ain't a normal Supra either.

Should I find some plain old kitchen clothes pictures?

How about these?

If you're going to brag about perfomance stats, go stock for stock. There are plenty of GTR's out there that'll pull 3 second tons, so your point is irrelevant. No stock Supra would come close to 3 seconds.

R34 Skyline GTR

Miles Per Gallon: 14/23 mpg
Curb Weight: 3395 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/AWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Engine Type: Twin-Turbo Inline-6
Displacement: 2568 cc
Horsepower: 276 bhp @ 6800 rpm
Torque: 289 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm
Redline: 8000 rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: 5.1 sec
0-100 mph: 13.0 sec
Quarter Mile: 13.7 sec @ 105 mph
Skidpad: .89g
Top Speed: 155 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 121 ft
Slalom Speed: 68.1 mph

Supra RZ

Price: $38,000
EPA City/Highway 18/23 MPG
Performance
0-60 4.6 seconds
0-100 11.8 seconds
0-1/4 mile: 13.8 seconds
Top Speed: 155 MPH(limited) 172 MPH(not limited)
Engine 3.0L Twin-turbo Inline 6
Horsepower: 320
Torque: 427.1 nm / 315.0 ft lbs @ 4000 rpm
Max RPM: 6800
Dimensions
Length: 177.7 in.
Width: 71.3 in.
Height: 50,2 in.

That's the best 0-60 time I came across. One site with heaps of test data and charts quoted 5.7 sec for the Export JZA80 Supra.
Not quite so superior now, is it...?

By no means am I saying it's crap, but don't put it on a pedestal when its not that good, either. You like fast 0-60 times? A '98 Triumph Daytona 1200 will pop the ton in 2.8 seconds flat - stock standard. THAT's fast.

Attachments

• r34_11.JPG
    r34_11.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 17
  • TOYOTA~1.JPE
    TOYOTA~1.JPE
    17.9 KB · Views: 13
Of the two I MUCH prefer the Skyline. Supras are total and utter cheese.

I'm a Porsche guy anyway. If I could have "any" car it would be a Porsche 911 Gt3 (2004 model), a Pagani Zonda or a Lotus Elise. A Subaru WRX or Porsche Boxster as a daily driver.

altezza drifter
titanmotorsports_1803_24722502

this is a real supra right here

but i still preffer skyline

Top secret do a few skylines as well. I had a SP33D magazine here with an article on one. I think it was an R33 - 700 HP and went like stink.

Can't find the mag, couldn't scan the photos anyway, can't find any decent pics on the net... This bites!

Oh well, these will have to do...

PICT0012.jpg

Autostyle%2095GTRGOLD15a.jpg

TSfr.jpg

TSrr.jpg

Supras are sexy, no doubt about that. They may not be the best cars in accel, but its way faster than any car in top speed.. i have proof on than. And btw, you cant compare a skyline vs supra because its 2 different cars, 4WD and RWD, and ofcourse 4WD is better at drag strips and accel. I know a couple of supras that is faster than a Mclaren F1, thats true... if a supra can beat a turbo hayabusa.. then it is possible. :)
ok,ok ill stop talking!

Back