who thinks the R34 Skyline is ugly?

• Thread starter GTS
  • 80 comments
skylinegtrconcept_2.jpg
400r_1.jpg

talk about an ugly skyline, check out this concept from 2001

then drool over the 400R

I was never a fan of that Skyline concept. I hate the boxy, almost spaceship look of most of the concept cars. They just don't look like cars.
That 400R, though, :drool:

Anderton
By the way, some cars I DO think are ugly:

Suzuki Swift

to name a few.

I have to disagree with you about the swift my friend being a proud owner of a 96 swift GTi. I think it's one of the best looking hatchbacks ever, if not the best.

Travi_D
I have to disagree with you about the swift my friend being a proud owner of a 96 swift GTi. I think it's one of the best looking hatchbacks ever, if not the best.

lol damn...:lol:

maybe it's not THAT bad, I'll reserve judgement if you post a pic

^hey, that's not bad, not bad at all. I can only see the 1st red pic and the 3rd black pic, but are either of those stock? I've never seen a Euro version, just the nasty American ones.

Am I the only person who noticed that this thread is over THREE YEARS OLD? The thread starter's last post was in Nov 2001, so he's not likely to answer your questions. All we're doing is dragging it back from the dead and giving it the attention it never deserved in the first place.

Also, everybody know that the R32 is the finest of the Skyline bodystyles... :dopey:

GTRs were not designed to be pretty or curvaceous. The aim was functional aggression. The R34 fulfils that design brief more than adequately.

GTS

The look of the Skyline R34 isn't ugly it makes it look a bit more powerful then the others (R32,R33). But what really suprises me is the new skyline the G35 I think it was. Looks sleek but just isn't a Skyline anymore :crazy:
11_l.jpg

12_l.jpg

15_l.jpg

SWAT2291
The look of the Skyline R34 isn't ugly it makes it look a bit more powerful then the others (R32,R33). But what really suprises me is the new skyline the G35 I think it was. Looks sleek but just isn't a Skyline anymore :crazy:
11_l.jpg

12_l.jpg

15_l.jpg
Yeah, I don't like that new look. I just doesn't look like a Skyline.

Hmm... well...

The reason this thread was open at this date over 3 years ago was becasue somone thought that in their opnion the R34 GTR is ugly. It's been thrown back and forth, some feel it's not, others feel it's so. One feels that it makes no difference how it works, because it's on the same performace levels as a Corvette Z06 or a Ferrari 360 Moddena (or 996 911 turbo, Mitsubishi Lan evo (4-8), BMW E46M3, Lotus Elise, etc...) on both it's cornering and straitline power.

It's argueable about this thread even being here since it's more for the automotive part of GTP as someone stated and plus it'll only live as long as people decicded to argue over it.

As for the G35 Skylline, it's OKAY, the actuall GTR model has yet to actually come out (or so I recall unless I've been mis-informed...again...) so I'm not going to be amids those that are saying stuff like "OMG that looks sooo HORRIBLE!' and stuff like that, plus you're prob right about the R34 looking more argessive (even though I'm more for the look of the GTR 32...), the actuall GTR model surely will look better (hopefully at the least better than the concept car, not that it was THAT ugly...but oh well...function over form...if I can *ONLY an example* make a Lan Evo owner wet his pants I'm fine...) but it's down to one's perfrence and performace.

This is just ME, I have a feeling this thread should kinda be closed but then again it's my opnion and they don't mean too much unless somone can tell me otherwise.

So in short, I don't feel the GTR 34 is ugly, it's opnion that will never cease, and the G35 is OKAY, but it's just ME.

Till later...

EDIT: Had meant to not post but accidenlty did... dunno if I should just errase what I've said but...well...I guess there's noting wrong with this reply...right?

In my humble opinion the R34 is a sick looking car, probably the best of the three. The R33 GT-R is awesome looking, but the stock ones are a bit plain, especially since every second Japanese car over here in OZ is a bloody R33 Skyline. The R32 in stock form is a better looker then the R33, but i still think the R34 takes the overall cake.

Well thats my Two cents

Nissan Skyline R34 Ugly? you've got to be kidding. It's a proper 3 box car shape, long nose, engine up front where it should be, aggressive nose and headlights and a boot. How many sportscars have a decent boot?

Back