Who's using a wheel vs a DS4?

• Thread starter ornery
  • 161 comments

Steering Wheel or DS4?

• Total voters
DS4, I think I am in the minority, I didn't like the motion controls with the controller. I did way better with the sticks. Plus I have an advantage with the sticks because I keep accidentally flashing my lights when turning, it must be real annoying to be in front of me. :)

100% gold on all tests caused this...
ezomlv.jpg
That doesn't look so bad to be honest, bro.
Nothing compared to MotoGP rider Bradley Smith anyway. ; )
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...ey-Smith-suffered-horrific-finger-injury.html

*Do not click the link if you're easily disturbed or scared by open wounds and injuries.

DS4 during the week and a wheel on the weekend, but my thumb is agony, it feels like torture going in for a race come Thursday

Im running my DFGT via gimx its really nice ffb wise only issue is I think ive worn it out over the years. now shopping for a t150 or g29.

G29 here. Not sure it's worth the price, but I have lots of fun with it. Races become much nore immersive, some trajectories also become easier and more natural.

G29 but this game is terrible with my pedals. First I noticed I was often not getting 100% throttle application losing time, Now I have noticed the brake is often dragging. My pedals have never been an issue in other games because I can add dead zones and they are also better in other games because I can adjust the sensitivity curve. Unfortunately GTS does not have any pedal calibration so my pedals don't work properly with this game :(

DS4 (Because controller cures everything even with fighting games)

I wouldn't mind having a wheel, but I know I wouldn't drop the money for it especially since I'm not dedicated... yet. Maybe get a starter wheel for like $150 or something. But I'm more of a controller player anyway with all things.

I miss "controller". Not everyone uses the standard DS4 pad. I for one have a Razer Raiju. I also have a G27 which has been gathering dust for 6 years now, but apparently it's not supported anyway, and quite frankly, I feel stupid racing with a wheel setup at my age.

Purchased the G29 setup this week during the Best Buy deal. Look forward to getting it set up and immersing myself even more in the game.

I've never been hugely dedicated to racing games but GTS certainly seems to be turning me. Currently I am using the DS4 with motion controls and it just feels fantastic so right now (barring the immersion) I'll wait for a decent price on a wheel as they're pretty pricey here in Oz.

For those with incompatible wheels, give the DriveHub a look. I have a few mates using it and they said it works a treat for using older wheels or Xbox wheels on the their PS4's.

DS4.

I bought a wheel and pedals but after months of trying sold them and went back to the controller. I could get the same lap times with both but I dunno, I never felt comfortable. Not being able to have a permanent rig was a problem too, it just pissed me off having to move it about plug it in and position it all the time.

I'm much happier just picking up the controller, plugging in my headphones and getting straight into it.

Glad I tried though otherwise I would have never known:)

DS4 And I don't use the toggles either. Good to know I'm not the only one with mega sore thumbs.

I did buy a wheel when playing GT6, but that was short lived and ended up getting thrown. I guess from playing gran turismo 1 way back when, old habits die hard.....

DS4 here at moment. Really annoying that I have a thrustmaster TX for the pc that can't be used on other platforms. Money's tight at the mo so no wheel for me!

I've been using controller steering with the DS4 since the beta days up until today and it's worked tremendously.

My G29 came in today and it's a dream to use, Controller steering offered a lot in terms of precision but the force feedback in the wheel really takes the cake, you can feel what the car is doing way better with a wheel.

I've been using controller steering with the DS4 since the beta days up until today and it's worked tremendously.

My G29 came in today and it's a dream to use, Controller steering offered a lot in terms of precision but the force feedback in the wheel really takes the cake, you can feel what the car is doing way better with a wheel.

DS4, I think I am in the minority, I didn't like the motion controls with the controller. I did way better with the sticks. Plus I have an advantage with the sticks because I keep accidentally flashing my lights when turning, it must be real annoying to be in front of me. :)
How about changing controls then??

I miss "controller". Not everyone uses the standard DS4 pad. I for one have a Razer Raiju. I also have a G27 which has been gathering dust for 6 years now, but apparently it's not supported anyway, and quite frankly, I feel stupid racing with a wheel setup at my age.
Your age shouldn't prevent you from playing (not just video games) and having fun. That is a ridiculous notion. We mature people have lived longer and done our duty (jobs, kids, whatnot), we have more money and can prioritise our time. If we shouldn't be allowed to have fun, I don't know who? :)
I intent to play and have whatever fun I want until I can't anymore...

DS4 with motion sensor. It's a delight to play. Ok, it's not a wheel, but it's quite accurate and I have a LOT of fun using it 👍

DS4 users: give motion sensor a try, you won't be disappointed.

7HO
G29 but this game is terrible with my pedals. First I noticed I was often not getting 100% throttle application losing time, Now I have noticed the brake is often dragging. My pedals have never been an issue in other games because I can add dead zones and they are also better in other games because I can adjust the sensitivity curve. Unfortunately GTS does not have any pedal calibration so my pedals don't work properly with this game :(
Open them and get rid of any dust then spray the potentiometers with contactcleaner. I had the same problems long ago with my G27 pedals and this cured it.

Back