why always starting last online

Performance Points. Once you complete the C, B and A event classes, you unlock the Quick Tune settings where you can alter your car's power, weight, aerodynamics etc which changes the car's PP. Depending on the car and the race, you could increase or decrease the PP to enter.
Quick Tune also allows you to adjust the suspension and gearing etc, which don't change the PP.

Oh really? Corvette Z06 will be my weapon of choice, but suspension tuned to stop this BS sliding I keep hearing about. I doubt the Z06 is as slippery IRL compared to what I'm hearing about it in GT5:P
One more thing, unless you know who the player is, would there be any way of knowing you are racing a GTP user?

Hello all,

I've been playing GT5P since it's launch and I'm loving it. But the only problem I'm having with the online section is that I'm always at the back of the grid. It does get boring having to fight my way though the feild, cleanly of cours ;) (but most of the time the muppets take each other out).

When I did my first online races I was starting at the pointy end but after about 15/20 online races I was always at the last allocated grid position.

Is anyone else having this problem? Also is there some monitor on your online progress that keeps track of your win %?

Thanks,

Wayne

Thanks Fruitcake, that might work.

I should've mentioned this in the first post that I see other Nissan R-35's up in 4th whilst I'm in 12th (Suzuka & Fuji). Same thing on High Speed Ring with them bastard Lotus', what they pull in 1/2 a lap and I'm spending the next 4-1/2 catching them whilst they're making mistakes and I'm going flatout.

I'll be doing some more onlining with some more local people on the weekend. So I hope it's just a distance issue.

From what i've seen i think your starting position is decided by the amount of "Performance Points" your car has. So if everyone has 500 for example and you have 498 you will start first.

You're probably using the maximum available PP and you have a slow connection too. I find if i have the same PP as other cars, I always end up behind them, and I think it comes down to your connection. Try reduccing your PP by a single point, you end up a lot higher up in the field.

Hi,can anyone enlighten me as to how the game works out your grid position for the online races? The reason being at daytona i nearly always start mid pack or to the back using the Corvette tuned. Is it to do with the car you use or something?

the lower Performance Point car you have closer to the pole position your starting grid position will be and vice versa.

best Performance Point cars start last. this was introduced in spec II. before the game host started on pole position which was unfair.

i think people with the highest ping always started on the last positions because they were the last ones to join the lobby.

Is it just me or does starting in DEAD LAST bother anyone else? I hope they put qualification laps in GT5. Its 10x's as hard to fight through 15 cars to get the W. And although i may be reemed for this, but i find myself bumping CPU cars to get ahead. for instance A-9 (Daytona Road in F430) Who the hell beat this w/o bumping another car.. I'll call Bullwinkle if you say you did.

I'm pretty clean driver overall, but in a race like A-9 i dont see how its possible to win even 3rd place w/o bumping another car. (unless you have a tuned car,which you dont during your first visit)

P.S I sometimes come to Gtplanet and b*tch alittle. But in all honesty I'm looking for good Stories, Debates and Advice. :) I love this forum, everytime a GT hits your all my new family!

You're right
In S-Class tuned races I find it impossible without bumping. I feel like a noob using standard physics with ASM to get to first.

This thread has been created from 6 threads asking something similar to "Why do i start last".

Please read, and look, and search before you blindly click the new thread button. :grumpy:

Back