Why are these parts not driveable?

• Thread starter SR20DE_s13
  • 101 comments
Australia
Australia
ca18de_s13
Places like fuji and willow springs there are other tracks you can see FROM THE TRACK you are on that look fully mapped out and pretty detailed yet they arent even available..... WHY?

-Purple is tracks visible from main track(s)
-Red is other layouts id also like

willow_zpse2f62088.jpg

fuji_zpsa8611f76.jpg

I think there is a few others.

Not to mention smaller layouts of tracks already in game, such as tsukuba short or suzuka west.

Seriously it cant be that much harder to add a few barricades and remove the invisible wall.

Yeah, and if you did end up getting out of the main track's barriers and onto the other tracks, you would be driving with off-road physics (grass, dirt, etc) and it would have low resolution textures.

I agree about Suzuka West... its the easiest thing to do to add some tyre walls / invisible walls to make it playable...
There's a problem though... where would the pitline and the finish line be? They dont exist in real life.

Also yes, Horse Thief Mile is very short but why not add it?
I suggested some time ago a combination of the three willow springs tracks that would form a cool 7,8km track.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...willow-3-tracks-combined.305917/#post-9498634

There are also some kart tracks around Spa... It's so sad because the environnement is already modeled, a couple of textures, a couple of rumble strips and you have a new track !

Suzuka, Fuji, Spa, Rosamond (Willow Springs), Laguna Seca, Monza, Le Mans-All have layouts unused in GT. It baffles me why.

I agree about Suzuka West... its the easiest thing to do to add some tyre walls / invisible walls to make it playable...
There's a problem though... where would the pitline and the finish line be? They dont exist in real life.

I guess they'll just have to forge a finish line if they did make it. As for the pit stop, there are some road courses that don't have pit stops at all (SSR7, not sure what else), so I'm sure they can pull it off.

We still have the small matter of needing a 'Free Roam' layout around the Matterhorn and/or a nice long peripheral circuit, and possibly many other combinations too.

There are many unused intersections leading off from the Matterhorn circuits that are surely more links for the existing layouts, they must be, because their placings are so obvious as to where they would connect, if not, where do they lead off to?

The Matterhorn needs an open layout with all road blocking barriers removed, roll on demolition derby day. :lol:

With what Kaz keeps praising about the PS4 potential, "technically possible" isn't a cop-out bluff he can use anymore, these ideas are possible, it'll come down to matters of manpower & desire.

That second bit is what concerns me.

The Suzuka West Course does not have a pit stall or defined start finish line I think, which is why they didn't include it, I think. Plus, isn't it obsolete in real life, too?

There is a part of 1976 which isn't driveable in Nurburgring...
GER%20Nurburgring%201976%20corto.gif

There is an track of Petit Le Mans which isn't driveable :(
lemans24_map.gif

The oval track of Monza:
Monza-Grand-Prid-Tickets-map.jpg

Brands Hatch Track (Note that the silver lines are from Brands Hatch Rallycross Track)
Brands_hatch_track_layout.gif

Document_16.jpg

Goodwood Trackday version
00_Goodwood_Track.jpg

Some tracks next to Fuji Speedway:
fuji16_QGUo_1.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think so. Not any of previous editions I can remember.

My bad :boggled: Realised not in gt games. Since one of my all time favourite tracks had to put it up :lol:

Last edited:
I would love to see Limerock park mountain course. The extended circuit never got built. But It was my favourite track to race in Gtr Evo/Race '07
But as this is for parts of tracks you can see in GT6, it's not really relevant.

This is actually something I've been wondering about for some time. The omission of some oval tracks that happen to be similar to other ovals already in the game I can understand, though. However, something I think would be pretty cool is if you have a track where the two different layouts intersect a few times, you could be allowed to change track's configuration to any possible combination.

I realize that a start/finish line might have to be created for some configurations, and that the pit lane might not be accessible for all of them, but I think that's fine. After all, you're being allowed to race on non-official configurations. Some of the shorter configurations could be usable for karting, at least.

Last edited:
Back