Why are these parts not driveable?

• Thread starter SR20DE_s13
  • 101 comments
It looks thoroughly complete, textures and all. I suppose they ended up not liking the design and ditched it altogether.

The whole point of having these parts of the tracks on GT6 not driveable is pretty easy to guess in my opinion. To make these tracks look exactly as their real life counter parts. The mystery of PD not adding these to GT6 makes me want to ask Kaz this. Does this have anything to do with hardware limitations. Also, would you think that we won't be able to get every single VGT car released on GT6 due to hardware limitations?

Physics issues, perhaps? After all, I don't think the GT physics model was really designed to accommodate driving upside down in a tunnel.
You know for some reason, I think they'd be capable of doing just that.

Physics issues, perhaps? After all, I don't think the GT physics model was really designed to accommodate driving upside down in a tunnel.

F1 teams and the like always claim that their cars could drive upside down in a tunnel, due to the weight of the downforce being heavier than the weight if the car, but there's nowhere in the world to prove it lol. Would be cool to try it in a virtual environment, I wonder if the GT6 downforce numbers equate to anything (kg/lbs?) then we could make a list of race cars that could theoretically drive upside down :D

There's course maps, logos, track selection images and replay thumbnails for all the tracks in the GT6 course folder, plus there's some logos for tracks that I've never seen mentioned before in some other folder, like Grand Canyon North, Driving Park Karting tracks, Pylon course, etc.

tumblr_mflivdDrYa1qgho1ao3_400.gif

There's course maps, logos, track selection images and replay thumbnails for all the tracks in the GT6 course folder, plus there's some logos for tracks that I've never seen mentioned before in some other folder, like Grand Canyon North, Driving Park Karting tracks, Pylon course, etc.
Are there any more non mentioned tracks?

Could you post all the viewable content please ? :drool:

@sparkytooth No, just Grand Canyon and some of the Driving Park tracks:

untitled-2w3ou5.jpg

I maybe wrong but I don't remember the Plyon, Kart and Split Driving Park tracks in past games? The Gymkhana Course was hidden in GT PSP. Grand Canyon Short?

Must be a legacy folder as there's logos for rally events with 2004 on them.

untitled-1l2pv9.jpg

I think that routex track may be in the game as that big image (original size was 1080p) of the track is the background loading screen, maybe somebody else can access it in game? Tell me, I beg of you... I need it!

@Cobaiye Sorry, it'd take too long to extract and post it all.

So that's the Kart Track they had to drop in GT5.

I wonder if you can clip out of the Mega Oval of SSRX

There are THAT many Thumbnails/Screenshots/Track Maps in that folder ?
Yes because they most likely also include the ones for tracks already present in GT6 (From Red Bull Ring to Sierra)

A Split-μ course? It's a test course with wet puddle surfaces? I wonder if its purpose is for license testing or car testing.

I also wish the RX infield course is revealed. Makes no sense that GT6 gets it [if it does], but GT5 doesn't despite being the build platform of SSRX and also having detailed infield track textures.

There is a world of difference between seeing a tarmac texture and having a surface you can drive on. Full 3D topography, sound and visual effect parameters applied and replay camera angles all need to be added. Seeing a tarmac texture is no different to seeing a grass or gravel texture in these areas.

It would be great to have some additional configurations of circuits added to GT7 though. Bugatti Circuit in particular.

Last edited:
Back