Why are these parts not driveable?

• Thread starter SR20DE_s13
  • 101 comments
There is a part of 1976 which isn't driveable in Nurburgring...
GER%20Nurburgring%201976%20corto.gif

Never heard of this one. Source ?

You guys do realize that creating a new track outside of a current track isn't simply adding textures and such.

They'd have to scratch build it like every other track in game

Which means they'd have to go re-scan, re-model, re-etc a location they already have for irrelevant layouts not even used by any sort of racing series

Ascari has a small kart circuit already filled with tyre walls in the full course layout in GT6. If you execute the out-of-bounds glitch, you have to drive around the track, unfortunately the new game engine prevents you from free roaming in an empty flat abyss, which GT6 will automatically reset you unlike in GT5. It could have been the only accessible kart track that exists in real life then.

there's 2 pit lanes at suzuka, the one we all know and the one where it says "back stretch" and there's also a "west shortcut".
56_suzukamap.gif

Yup, Suzuka definitely has two pit lanes, and two start/finish lines.

The secondary start/finish line and pits are right where it says "Back Stretch" on the map....not sure how people miss this when driving past it in the game :confused:

On another note, there is a separate, "mini" track at Suzuka...either for karts, drifting, or other stuff. It is located between the "Backstretch" and "Designer Curve" labels on the map. You can see it in photo-mode if you stand on the bridge, just before "130R". I believe it is called Suzuka South.

Edit: map and location of the South Course
http://wikimapia.org/5391075/South-Course

with GT being all about the 'Virtual' Motor-Sports, i think we should ask PD to make the perfect track that is impossible to build in real life due to mother nature limitations.
would have hundreds of combinations of layouts from a just over 1 to 10km in length.
Turns of every kind,
some up/down hill sections,
long sweeping curves,
some with huge banks,
narrow sections or wide sections.
part surrounded by cement, others dirt/grass/trees
a high speed strait that could be a few hundred meters or 2km long, or has chicanes, depending on configuration​

they do have some very pretty original tracks, but they are nothing we couldn't see out the the real world.

with GT being all about the 'Virtual' Motor-Sports, i think we should ask PD to make the perfect track that is impossible to build in real life due to mother nature limitations.
would have hundreds of combinations of layouts from a just over 1 to 10km in length.
Turns of every kind,
some up/down hill sections,
long sweeping curves,
some with huge banks,
narrow sections or wide sections.
part surrounded by cement, others dirt/grass/trees
a high speed strait that could be a few hundred meters or 2km long, or has chicanes, depending on configuration​

they do have some very pretty original tracks, but they are nothing we couldn't see out the the real world.

Complex String. Just update the surrounding environment.

Places like fuji and willow springs there are other tracks you can see FROM THE TRACK you are on that look fully mapped out and pretty detailed yet they arent even available..... WHY?
yes, whyyyy? T_T
The most perplexing to me is the one on SSRX. It's absolutely huge, looks fun, and despite being one of PDI's own creation, it's not accessible :(
I can't find any pics but I've learned of its existence on this forum though.

Ascari has a small kart circuit already filled with tyre walls in the full course layout in GT6. If you execute the out-of-bounds glitch, you have to drive around the track, unfortunately the new game engine prevents you from free roaming in an empty flat abyss, which GT6 will automatically reset you unlike in GT5. It could have been the only accessible kart track that exists in real life then.
1. where is that Kart track?
2. what is out-of-bounds glitch?

1. where is that Kart track?
2. what is out-of-bounds glitch?

Put these coordinates in Google Maps and view the map with the surface pictures turned on: 36.819222, -5.080021

O.B. = to go outside the boundary that is permitted.
The glitch requires you to fit through a small gap at the start of the fastest section of the track. You need a Kei car to fit through, but a Caterham works as well. To access the other parts of the track, you need to drive around the edges of the track boundaries going southbound, and you need to drive around the outside of the track.

It goes underground (drool)... why, Polyphony, why?

@Whistle Snap
What do you mean by update snooping, did you find this recently or was it always in the files?

PS: I dreamt of the old Roma course recently.

Last edited:
You guys do realize that creating a new track outside of a current track isn't simply adding textures and such.

They'd have to scratch build it like every other track in game

Which means they'd have to go re-scan, re-model, re-etc a location they already have for irrelevant layouts not even used by any sort of racing series
When adding to a track that already exists in the game, but just uses a partially different configuration, I don't see why they would need to scan any other parts than what's missing from the regular track. For example Suzuka West, where the only unscanned parts would be the west shortcut part, which can't be more than perhaps a few hundred meters.

The additional configuration for Nurburgring would naturally involve a lot more work, but half of the track would already be scanned, meaning they could make 1 new track for 0.5 work

Latest Posts

Back