why do i feel GT4 is going to kill it!

  • Thread starter Thread starter TetsuoSTI
  • 109 comments
  • 5,097 views
JohnBM01
Welcome to the month of November, folks (as of 12:04 AM CST)!

But Lady McLaren, do you think PD is going for the "something for everyone" element for GT4 that I've talked about before? If so, will they succeed? If not, is "something for everyone" really important in making sure GT4 becomes a modern-day classic?

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I really believe that Polyphony Digital is trying to do the "something for everyone.":O If they don't, they will do it next time. The reason for me believing PD is trying for the "something for everyone" is because now they have two competitions for the Driving Simulation category of video game genre. :drool::O We all right now are not sure how the realism in GT4, Forza and Ethusia will be like when compared to one another. But if they are all similar, people will start judging what extras the each have that can show which is the best.

For example, it can be like this:

GT4 = Track Racing and Tuning
Forza = Track Racing, Tuning and Drifting
Ethusia = Track Racing, Tuning, Drifting and Drag

IF they all have very similar feel in the simulation department, then it all comes down to what else they offer that can set the best apart from the least! :nervous::crazy: And also, advertisements are VERY scarry when it comes to these games. If one can advertise saying they have this and that, and the other saying it have EVERYTHING... Then people will start buying the one with everything in it rather than the one with least stuff. :O
 
What a stupid argument you just made there, McLaren'sFool.
People will buy GT4 because they own a PS2 and they love the game...
...regardless of what features and modes it has.
I seriously doubt that any other driving game is going to trump GT in the features and modes dept.
Yeah?
Yeah.

"CJ! You need to git you som culuhs, homie!"
 
I'm no Admin here, but I'm pretty sure that particular insult is pushing the limits of the TOS. I seem to recall something specific about insulting other members, although I'd have to check the rules to be sure.

And the "something for everyone" argument is quite valid. It's not about the return customers.. the people who bought the previous three games will buy this one. It's for the new customers that have never played GT before. And in order to attract those customers, it'll have to have something the other games do not. GT has never had any real competition before, so it seems feasible that they'd change their strategy a little in the presence of other GT clones.
 
DevilGTx
What a stupid argument you just made there, McLaren'sFool.

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Um.. excuse me, I would appreciete it if you would not insult me in that way.

Anyways, I just want to add that it will be important for Polyphony Digital to also release the game on time with their "We will try" date of 12/14/04. Sometimes if they take too long, the new customers might as well buy some other racing game and forget about GT4. To us fans, it won't! :O But it will sure lead this board into chaos if Polyphony Digital pushes the date back to next winter....
 
hey Devil..that was not nice and i am personally offended as a fellow Ohioan (rock on Cincinnati) that you would be so rude...everyone is entitled to their own ideas and there is nothing stupid about Angel's...if anything you should think twice before lashing out at fellow GT fans...tsk tsk tsk...forshame!
 
Hey, don't get mad everyone. This isn't an AOL Chat Room. From Post #61 by McLaren'sAngel, I think where she was getting at is granted that the customer interested in GT4 has a PS2 and loves the series. But if you don't have a PS2, go out and get one! But yeah, when you have a game franchise, newcomers will like the most recent rendition of the game. But longtime veterans may have something to like of the most recent build of a game.

By the way, while it is true that people will buy GT4 because a person has a PS2 and loves the series, you didn't have to stoop to this low. An argument is an argument is an argument. We are all entitled to our own opinions regardless of what others think. No, this isn't some disclaimer, it's the truth. Well, from a humanistic perspective, but that's another story for another time. Okay, if I continue on this, I'll be criticized for defending somoene, so I'll end this specific post here.
 
Or do you want to press the issue of buying GT4 because a person likes the GT series and has a PS2 to play it? Like for example, I've been an old fan of Final Fantasy. I played all the SNES Final Fantasy games (FF2, Mystic Quest, and FF3 (FF6 in Japan)), played both PS1 FF games (except FF9), and haven't really played FFX. But let's say that I never heard of Gran Turismo and I see GT4 and read about it. How do I know GT4 is going to be a smash hit? If I wanted to play GT4 and I don't know what past GTs have been, how am I going to enjoy it when it's released? How am I to tell GTPlanet and others about how good GT4 is if I'm not a veteran of the series?

As I said, if you want to press the issue on "buying GT4 for people who love the series," get ready to sound off. And remember, making an argument doesn't have to involve trying to OWN someone. That was a poor decision to attack a member of our GTPlanet family.

As a "just for fun" comment, you're making McLaren's little kitten cry getting on the Angel like that. Think of the kittens, man! (^_^) 👍 Okay, pwn me already.
 
Ah, it's just people taking advantage of the anonymity. Me, I talk the same way online as I do in person. Hell, in some ways I'm a lot more eloquent online. Comments like Devil made to McAngel would have gotten him a quick pop across the jaw if it'd been made in real life, and me or anyone like me were within earshot.
 
You would assault someone because they used the words 'stupid' and 'fool'?

Yes it was rude, but thats life sometimes.
 
You seem to misunderstand the difference between "being rude" and "insulting someone". I don't take insults lightly, be they directed at me or my friends. To answer your question, yes, I would "assault" someone.
 
Jedi, your mother was a hampster, and your father smelt of Elderberries. Go on, assault me.
 
You're a little out of range, I think.

And it's spelled "hamster", incidentally.

Props on the Monty Python reference, though. :)
 
;) don't blame me, blame the crappy site i cut n pasted it from for the crappy spelling :D

NI!
 
wow...i'm sensing a level of maturity here that i've never seen before lol...seriously i think insults on a forum are headaches...no one wants to sit and read crap that people think would be funny or make them sound tough...i'm trying to be extra nice to people and i don't want to ruin people's opinions of me...so do unto others as u would have them do unto u..unless u are someone who likes to dish out insults and get some back. If so you got some issues. HAVE A NICE DAY!
 
Izanagi
HAVE A NICE DAY!

There will be no nice days until GT4 is released. Although GTA:SA will help to burn the time between now and then.
 
MGS 3 along with PES 4 will keep me entertained until the day arrives.
 
HALO 2 thats all i have to say! if nothing else, HALO 2!!!! i'm about to have a nice day come 12am tonight. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :bowdown:
 
yes i was invited to go to best buy in Mannassas, VA and play a tourney from 12am to 3am on 2 monster plasma tvs with a bunch of the workers and their friends....I CAN'T WAIT
 
code_kev
GRRRRRR GRRRRR No fair.

yeah, I've got my ticket stub handy.

I ain't working tomorrow. My boss asked why, and I said I was helping a relative move.

I'm going to play till my eyes bleed. hurrah.
 
Bleeding Eyes. Sounds like a good name for a Punk band. Nah, Bleeding Ears sounds more fitting for a Punk band.
 
Jedi2016
You seem to misunderstand the difference between "being rude" and "insulting someone". I don't take insults lightly, be they directed at me or my friends. To answer your question, yes, I would "assault" someone.

I see your point, but this is the internet and the internet host lots of keyboard warriors.

In real life a insult like that out of context would make me mad, but on the internet doesnt worry me much because there is nothing I can do.
 
i hope the game doesn't flop, i think it is going to be the best GT game yet. and for GT5 to top it will be very hard!
 
nightcreature84
i hope the game doesn't flop, i think it is going to be the best GT game yet. and for GT5 to top it will be very hard!

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I can see that happening! 👍 I am sure that GT5's graphic will be better than GT4 since it will be on Playstation 3. :O Maybe GT5 will finally have cars in it that didn't make it in GT4!
 
Where I come from "kill it" or "killing it" is a euphimism for masturbation.
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I can see that happening! 👍 I am sure that GT5's graphic will be better than GT4 since it will be on Playstation 3. :O Maybe GT5 will finally have cars in it that didn't make it in GT4!

650 cars is already a lot...if KY decided to break 1000 cars in GT5, i think even I will be overwhelmed...though it would be nice to have some more exotic cars in there...what we need is more real world tracks and things that we can connect to from real life....tuner companies, drifting for people like me...i don't know...drop some ideas here everyone!
 
Well, I know not to watch G4TechTV today because it's going to be HALO 2 Day on there today (saying that it's 12:54 AM, 12/9/2004 Central Standard Time), so you HALO fanboys will have a chance to rejoice.

Even though I been ripped on about "taking things out of context," let me counterattack here. So far, this has gone from "GT4 is going to kill the GT franchise" to "let's make fun of somebody." To stay on topic, all the different modes and such are just to give GT veterans something to love about this game series, and give GT newcomers a welcome invitation to see exactly what the GT series is all about. And believe me, if people are racing gamers who may have a PlayStation 2, wouldn't you want to give GT4 a try if you've never played a game in the series? Of course you would! As I said in the past, GT4's success will depend on the factor of multiplay. Will the game still deliver the goods even with online play beyond LAN dropped? Will racing fans still get the thrills of racing a GT game? But I don't think GT4 is going to "kill" the series. It's only going to kill the series if ungrateful brats want silly little things and only judge the game on stuff that doesn't mean anything. Just play the game and be proud. Judge later. And if the series is getting "killed" with this game, let that be said in a game review rather than go on speculation and opinions. WE CANNOT JUDGE A GAME AS BAD IF IT HASN'T BEEN RELEASED!

(clears throat) Next reply, please.
 
Back