why do i feel GT4 is going to kill it!

  • Thread starter Thread starter TetsuoSTI
  • 109 comments
  • 5,097 views
I find myself agreeing with you quite a bit, John.. hehe.

I think the problem stems from the fact that people think that these new modes are somehow replacing or altering the base game itself. That just sitting down and driving is going to be drastically different now. Which is, of course, rediculous. It's icing on the cake. Don't like the icing? Don't eat it. The cake is still there. Don't like B-spec? Don't use it. Don't like Photo Mode? Don't use it. Just drive... GT is still GT, regardless of all the fluff around it. 650+ cars, 50+ tracks... oh, yeah, plenty to keep me busy.
 
Jedi2016
650+ cars, 50+ tracks... oh, yeah, plenty to keep me busy.
Oh yes. I decided to start over in GT3 last night to keep be busy over the next month and a smidge. :D
 
VTGT07
Oh yes. I decided to start over in GT3 last night to keep be busy over the next month and a smidge. :D

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

It would be best to get other games too incase Polyphony Digital DELAYS :mad: it again.... :crazy: :O
 
LoudMusic
Where I come from "kill it" or "killing it" is a euphimism for masturbation.

Gran turismo 4 is going to be the king of self-pleasuring. Rejoice.
 
It's in my opinion that a drifting mode is a gt game defeats the purpose. A drifting mode would mean the game engine is altered slightly to allow the cars to "drift".

Anyone who's played a lot of gt should know that we don't need a drift mode to drift. One of the biggest pleasures in GT3 was setting up your car and pulling awesome drifts, then posting them online and watch as everyone else goes "ooooh, and ahhhh".

To be able to pull real drifts in GT3 meant you had fine control over your vehicle, if you add a "mode" in order to comprimise the engine so that everyone can do it, it takes away the "enthusiast" view (not the exact word but you know what I'm getting at).

Just my opinion.

Drag mode on the other hand, I beleive is needed because there were no drag tracks in the last game. A drag mode would add those in.

Either way, I'm excited to see how the game turns out.
 
S31Ender
It's in my opinion that a drifting mode is a gt game defeats the purpose. A drifting mode would mean the game engine is altered slightly to allow the cars to "drift".

Anyone who's played a lot of gt should know that we don't need a drift mode to drift. One of the biggest pleasures in GT3 was setting up your car and pulling awesome drifts, then posting them online and watch as everyone else goes "ooooh, and ahhhh".

To be able to pull real drifts in GT3 meant you had fine control over your vehicle, if you add a "mode" in order to comprimise the engine so that everyone can do it, it takes away the "enthusiast" view (not the exact word but you know what I'm getting at).

PD are having a drift competition in GT4. I think you are confusing this drift comp with a drift mode.
You said yourself that you could drift in GT3 using the standard physics and modify the cars settings. I don't think PD will dumb down the Physics to make drifting easy for new players. Like in GT3 you will have to learn how to drift to be good in the Drift comps.
 
Uncle Harry
PD are having a drift competition in GT4. I think you are confusing this drift comp with a drift mode.
You said yourself that you could drift in GT3 using the standard physics and modify the cars settings. I don't think PD will dumb down the Physics to make drifting easy for new players. Like in GT3 you will have to learn how to drift to be good in the Drift comps.


I hope you are right. But if that's the case, then what is a drift mode for?
I'm curious as to what a drift mode would accomplish if you could do it in all the other modes.

Do you know?
 
S31Ender
I hope you are right. But if that's the case, then what is a drift mode for?
I'm curious as to what a drift mode would accomplish if you could do it in all the other modes.

Do you know?

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I am not sure if I will answer your question but I'll try! :O Like you said earlier about tuning your own car to drift in GT3 is a way of drifting, but what I believe people want is the REAL way to judge drifting. In GT3, you can go ahead and drift, but you won't get anything out of it. You can drift your way to win the lap races or just drift alone. But a real drift mode is like figure skating! You are being scored based on your drift movements and the level of difficulty of your drifts.

I am not sure if that really answered your question...but feel free to correct me! :O 👍
 
As "Hiya! Meow! (='.'=)" said its a drift comp which will have a scoring system. The better the drift the higher the points.
 
Uncle Harry
As "Hiya! Meow! (='.'=)" said its a drift comp which will have a scoring system. The better the drift the higher the points.

YES!!!!! btw, is anyone going ot the D1GP at irwindale or the JGTC at cali speedway? those 2 event should definatly light a fire under ur arses for drifting and fast cars...i know i'm uber stoked....cuz i'll be at both!!! :cheers:
 
lol this is my third time around...god i forgot how tedious those Formula GP races are :( i'd rather do the enduros than those damn F1 races...they take too much energy...especially when you're trying to lap the rest of the grid as many times as possible. GOD i can't WAIT for some of that GT4 drifting with the Driving Pro...i've been watching incar vids of different cars drifting so i can learn when and how much to turn the wheel in the game :)
 
www.pergatory.net

he's a member on these boards last I knew. Awesome drifting and has vids to dl.
He has a drift guid that's pretty good.

It took me forever to learn to drift in game, but within a few days after looking at his site and e-mailing him a bit. I got O.K.

Not a "master" but then again, what we all call "masters" don't even call themselves masters.........
 
S31Ender
www.pergatory.net

he's a member on these boards last I knew. Awesome drifting and has vids to dl.
He has a drift guid that's pretty good.

It took me forever to learn to drift in game, but within a few days after looking at his site and e-mailing him a bit. I got O.K.

Not a "master" but then again, what we all call "masters" don't even call themselves masters.........

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Thanks for the link S31Ender! 👍 I still wanna learn how to drift in GT3, but never really got it right. :O But now that you link me to this site, it should help! :O 👍
 
You know, I usually love to help if I can. Lady McLaren, I think if you want to practice drifting around on courses, take it from me. I'm no drifting pro, but what I did to practice drifting is to go for Arcade Mode in GT3. I think I turned off my ASM settings for my car, and go for a rear-drive car. McLaren, I would suggest two machines, the first being the latest Mazda RX-7, and a Skyline. I think the R34 is a good choice, but for that "Initial D" look, I drift with a black R32 Skyline like with the "Night Kids" gang. The key is to slide out like all heck broken loose, but then, control it all so that you corner sweetly with them.

And if you want a game in which you can slide around sweetly, I'd recommend the PS1 game, "Ridge Racer Type 4." Just make sure you're racing cars from Assaulto and Lizard, as they are the drifting cars. Terrazi and Age Solo are the Grip cars. Here's the weird thing for the rest of you all. Is it just me, or even though a "ridge racer" is a racer who illegally races on the streets, that Namco tries to make this as professional as possible? Either way, it's still nice to race that black Lamborghini-looking car in RRV!
 
JohnBM01
You know, I usually love to help if I can. Lady McLaren, I think if you want to practice drifting around on courses, take it from me. I'm no drifting pro, but what I did to practice drifting is to go for Arcade Mode in GT3. I think I turned off my ASM settings for my car, and go for a rear-drive car. McLaren, I would suggest two machines, the first being the latest Mazda RX-7, and a Skyline. I think the R34 is a good choice, but for that "Initial D" look, I drift with a black R32 Skyline like with the "Night Kids" gang. The key is to slide out like all heck broken loose, but then, control it all so that you corner sweetly with them.


Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Thanks Johnny for your compliment! 👍 But for drifting, I would rather try a Supra then an RX-7 or a Skyline. :O I know how some might think a to drift in a Supra is just RIDICULUS, but I like it! :O But I think I do some strange things that people will think that I am ridiculus myself. I would turn off the ASM and the TCS. Give the Supra over 1000 HP and give it simulation tire. :crazy: I am having a tough time myself trying to drift with this setup, but I reall enjoy the challenge. During this test, I actually found something really cool by trial and error...

BURNING OUT AND DOING DONUTS AND FIGURE 8 PATTERNS! 👍 Just press X and don't shift. I would just leave it on 1st gear and let the wheels cough up the smokes! :O
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Thanks Johnny for your compliment! 👍 But for drifting, I would rather try a Supra then an RX-7 or a Skyline. :O I know how some might think a to drift in a Supra is just RIDICULUS, but I like it! :O But I think I do some strange things that people will think that I am ridiculus myself. I would turn off the ASM and the TCS. Give the Supra over 1000 HP and give it simulation tire. :crazy: I am having a tough time myself trying to drift with this setup, but I reall enjoy the challenge. During this test, I actually found something really cool by trial and error...

BURNING OUT AND DOING DONUTS AND FIGURE 8 PATTERNS! 👍 Just press X and don't shift. I would just leave it on 1st gear and let the wheels cough up the smokes! :O

are u crazy????? 1000 hp is sooooo hard to control!!!! i use 515 and that is perfect. for a begginer, use a Silvia S14 or S15 with about 300-360 hp. use normal tires all around, triple plate clutch, big brakes, brake controller, full racing tranny, full LSD, racing flywheel, all levels of weight reduction, either stage 1 or 2 turbo upgrades....depending on how much power u want, maybe a interooler, maybe an exhaust, definatly a engine balancing....and use a sprot suspension for begginer...you need to learn how to slide the car, weight transfer, smooth steering, and once you get that down, start upgrading more and finding better settings. As for a supra...well i like it but it tends to be a little harder to control if ur revs drop too low. Good luck! 👍
 
Back