why do loads of the cars have 276bhp???

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 53 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The regulations means that manufactures sell more powerful versions of the car just not in japan where the restriction was in place i.e. Evo 10-jdm 291bhp(after restriction was taken away) uk-291, 325, 354, 403bhp. Despite the limit cars did produce a fair bit more power than what the manufacture stated i.e. GTR R34-claimed 276bhp, actual 337bhp.

@ Toronado

The Nissan Skyline GT-R was named by BBC's Top Gear as the only true Japanese contribution in the line of Supercars.

The NSX is discontinued when The Skyline is STILL relevant.

NSX, & then there was Godzilla.

Last edited:
"The Nissan Skyline GT-R was named by BBC's Top Gear as the only true Japanese contribution in the line of Supercars."

When? Where?

I'm guessing they could say that about the GT-R, but not about the R32/R33/R34 which are the ones that are being discussed here.

If the car had been put on a engine Dyno I might have clear readings for the Crank. However All it was put on was a Dyno giving us whp, and the car made 310 2 weeks after being shipped, and the car had 200k kilometers on the odometer. 10hp more when the DP And Boost controller got put in play (Might of changed the wastgate spring to require more boost to actuate, but I cant remember if that was before the dyno Trip (it was 3 years ago)

YES with a DP, and boost controller, it peaks at 320whp, you can argue all you want but those the facts.
You clearly don't and if its a fact i can't wait to see the Dyno print out proving that with the Modification list come on get to it then.

Dude, your running around in circles like a chicken with its head cut off (Shakes his head in pity) I might underestimate the power train loss, your over exaggerating it. I only speak with certainty of what the HP reading was, your trying like a arse to twist that into me making crank figure claims, when I haven't. That's a sign of a weak argument. Not to mention The Stock Turbo can go QUITE high, Ive actually heard of a guy making over 487whp on a STOCK turbo. It goes well above 7psi, ;) Although above 12psi it starts flowing like crap. How long can it hold out like that? Who cares, the Stock Snail usually doesn't stay in long if your looking for high stable power. We are also talking about a Dyno Pull, and not a finished tune.

Again did you miss the water/meth injection @27 psi boost (btw after 22psi it would just being blowing hot air back into the engine) that car was running which would keep the temps down whichs is the cause of the ceramic turbine failures also that person claimed to have made that power but has yet to prove it with a dyno sheet after being asked to countless times as it is a well known fact (even ask nismo) that the stock turbo on skylines can't handle more than 400BHP at the crank due to the ceramic turbine wheels.

Stock boost for an R32 is 0.8 bar which is around 11psi which makes est 300bhp, max boost for the ceramic turbine wheels is 1.1 bar which is 15psi which is around 350bhp on a stock engine,fuel system cooling etc.

Again come back from the world of the fast and furious some time :)

Oh and btw the NSX came out in 1990 and the R32 came out in 1989 so the R32 came first not the NSX.

The regulations means that manufactures sell more powerful versions of the car just not in japan where the restriction was in place i.e. Evo 10-jdm 291bhp(after restriction was taken away) uk-291, 325, 354, 403bhp.

Wrong on uk models those have been modified by ralliart uk and sold through dealerships.

When? Where?

I'm guessing they could say that about the GT-R, but not about the R32/R33/R34 which are the ones that are being discussed here.

Ill have to look, but they refer to the Skyline GT-R so its obviously not the R35, I this it's from before the R35. I think they were talking about the 95 R33, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
According to wiki, Top Gear said it in series 1, episode 4. Top Gear is not really a factual TV show to be taking stuff like that from, especially as I can find you another quote from Top Gear that states the NSX is a supercar...

Though Honda’s NSX successor has officially been canned (boo), you’ll still be able to buy yourself a new NSX this year.

Sort of. This is the Mugen NSX RR, a hotted-up version of the mid-engined supercar (which officially ended production in 2005) created by Honda’s longtime motorsports partner.
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/honda-nsx-2009-01-14

But anyway, we seem to be digressing somewhat from the topic at hand, which has already been answered, and we're heading into the realms of Automotive discussion about what power each specific car really has.

According to wiki, Top Gear said it in series 1, episode 4. Top Gear is not really a factual TV show to be taking stuff like that from, especially as I can find you another quote from Top Gear that states the NSX is a supercar...

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/honda-nsx-2009-01-14

But anyway, we seem to be digressing somewhat from the topic at hand, which has already been answered, and we're heading into the realms of Automotive discussion about what power each specific car really has.

Then we are just arguing semantics...

The NSX was, the GTR IS.

Then we are just arguing semantics...

The NSX was, the GTR IS.
As you seem to want to argue everything, the Skyline GT-R is discontinued too. The R35 GT-R does not have Skyline in it's name, and is not relevent anyway as it has a bit more than 276bhp.

As you seem to want to argue everything, the Skyline GT-R is discontinued too. The R35 GT-R does not have Skyline in it's name, and is not relevent anyway as it has a bit more than 276bhp.

More useless semantics. Yeah, Its me arguing everything.... :rolleyes: I moved on and came to see you guys wanted to keep these useless post going, I can't help myself but oblige you as its entertaining to me.

Have I been saying the Skyline or Godzilla? Does the R35 share the Godzilla name? YES. I can say GTR or Godzilla it don't make a difference. So your Skyline Point is irrelevant. I only referred to a reference to the GTR along it's life, and it's only the current GTR that dropped the "Skyline"base platform. Making references to the R32, R33, R34, & R35 all completely relevant.

The fact is the NSX is Discontinued & never really grew past its original form, when everything else did, so your arguments end there. Even its indented target grew into something the NSX can't touch, so did the GTR.

What it appears is when I say NSX < Godzilla it touches a nerve, making you guys want to argue useless semantics.

It also appears like your in a fight to get the last word, how long will you keep going for???

Last edited:
I only referred to a reference to the GTR along it's life, and it's only the current GTR that dropped the "Skyline"base platform. Making references to the R32, R33, R34, & R35 all completely relevant.
The r35 has ~500bhp making it completely irrelevent to this discussion. Is that close to 276bhp? No. So it is irrelevent to this discussion.

The fact is the NSX is Discontinued & never really grew past its original form, when everything else did, so your arguments end there. Even its indented target grew into something the NSX can't touch, so did the GTR.
The NSX outlasted the R34 GT-R by 3 years. The R35 is on another level and is not relelvent to this discussion.

What it appears is when I say NSX < Godzilla it touches a nerve, making you guys want to argue useless semantics.
Oh, ouch, stop hitting my nerves. I don't care for either particularly, but if I was offered a choice, I would take the NSX. I prefer engineered by Ayrton Senna over controlled by computer.

It also appears like your in a fight to get the last word, how long will you keep going for???
I can have the last word at any point, but that's the easy way out, and folk tend to complain when I lock threads.

However, we are off-topic, the original question has been answered, but if this continues, I will split the thread. The original will be locked and this will be continued in the Automotive forums.

The r35 has ~500bhp making it completely irrelevent to this discussion. Is that close to 276bhp? No. So it is irrelevent to this discussion.

The NSX outlasted the R34 GT-R by 3 years. The R35 is on another level and is not relelvent to this discussion.

Oh, ouch, stop hitting my nerves. I don't care for either particularly, but if I was offered a choice, I would take the NSX. I prefer engineered by Ayrton Senna over controlled by computer.

I can have the last word at any point, but that's the easy way out, and folk tend to complain when I lock threads.

However, we are off-topic, the original question has been answered, but if this continues, I will split the thread. The original will be locked and this will be continued in the Automotive forums.

Do you drive a really big SUV?

Do you drive a really big SUV?

Given that comment has nothing at all to do with the topic at hand it can easily be classed as spam.

The AUP is quite clear on the subject of spam and off-topic postings, do it again and I will issue an infraction.

Scaff

Yes, yes I do. A 276bhp one, but I've put it on a rolling road and it got 478bhp. 👍

And it continues.... I bet you do Drive a Big SUV, you have to accommodate some how.

I like how when another Mod Spams its okay.... But I get the threat of infraction, Hmmmmm.

1290534230_b2db71b80b.jpg

Were Japan SUV's & Trucks Power restricted also? :sly:

Last edited:
And it continues.... I bet you do Drive a Big SUV, you have to accommodate some how.
What does what I drive have to do with anything?

I like how when another Mod Spams its okay.... But I get the threat of infraction, Hmmmmm.
What other mod is spamming? I was answering your off-topic, off the wall question with an off the wall answer.

Were Japan SUV's & Trucks Power restricted also? :sly:
What Japanese SUV's did you have in mind that had that kind of power and would have to have been restricted?

What does what I drive have to do with anything?

You can figure it out. At least I hope you can....

What other mod is spamming? I was answering your off-topic, off the wall question with an off the wall answer.

Yeah, I'm told if I keep up the "Off Topic" referring to that comment you responded to, Ill get an infraction. Sooo you go ahead and make a off topic comment, directly responding to the off topic post I made and was warned over.... Point and Case.

What Japanese SUV's did you have in mind that had that kind of power and would have to have been restricted?

Its a ON TOPIC question. I don't pay attention to Japanese trucks power figures, and I'm simply posing a question as to if they are limited also. It would refer to any Japanese truck being limited. There are a few Japan Trucks, maybe a few make around 300hp, I don't know. However that's really irrelevant isn't it. Your are reverse instigating. Then you guys toss around the Mod Powers. Like as if that makes you better somehow.

I already dropped the Topic Twice. Yet its still going......

I can see where this is going, Infractions for SiNiST3R for not bowing down to the All Mighty Mods. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't really call the NSX or pre R35 GT-R a supercar, they were quick and sporty, but not really "super." The only real supercar to come out of Japan in my opinion is the R35 GT-R.

I wouldn't really call the NSX or pre R35 GT-R a supercar, they were quick and sporty, but not really "super." The only real supercar to come out of Japan in my opinion is the R35 GT-R.
Well that's because of the power restriction. When the NSX came out it was built to match Ferrari, and you'd call Ferraris supercars wouldn't you? When the NSX came out, it was a bit of a supercar. 15 years of supercar progression while the NSX was held back robbed it of that title ;)

Yeah, I'm told if I keep up the "Off Topic" referring to that comment you responded to, Ill get an infraction. Sooo you go ahead and make a off topic comment, directly responding to the off topic post I made and was warned over.... Point and Case.

You instigated the off-topic behavior, not daan, he simply replied to a question you asked.

I will make this rather plain and simple for you, with a warning and a ten point infraction already against you, spamming a thread with off-topic and thinly veiled digs at people is not a good move.

However its your choice to make, but be assured if you keep going you will get more. At this moment in time a ban for you would do the site no harm at all, given that you're current signal to noise ratio is firmly falling on the noise side.

If you remain a member here is entirely your choice, however if you continue to fail to take on board other peoples opinions and simply present your own as the only true 'fact', carry on insulting people and posting off-topic spam, then your choice will be quite clear.

Scaff

You instigated the off-topic behavior, not daan, he simply replied to a question you asked.

I will make this rather plain and simple for you, with a warning and a ten point infraction already against you, spamming a thread with off-topic and thinly veiled digs at people is not a good move.

However its your choice to make, but be assured if you keep going you will get more. At this moment in time a ban for you would do the site no harm at all, given that you're current signal to noise ratio is firmly falling on the noise side.

If you remain a member here is entirely your choice, however if you continue to fail to take on board other peoples opinions and simply present your own as the only true 'fact', carry on insulting people and posting off-topic spam, then your choice will be quite clear.

Scaff

I am VERY sorry. I didn't mean to offend a group of Mods who stay so close to each others side.

I was unaware that saying the GTR is better than the NSX would cause such a fuss. This is the 3rd time I'm trying to put this thread behind me, there are far more important threads to be involved in, I will NEVER open this thread again.

I don't want to be bullied by the Mods anymore, so again I'm sorry.

Last edited:
I am VERY sorry. I didn't mean to offend a group of Mods who stay so close to each others side.

I was unaware that saying the GTR is better than the NSX would cause such a fuss. This is the 3rd time I'm trying to put this thread behind me, there are far more important threads to be involved in, I will NEVER open this thread again.

I don't want to be bullied by the Mods anymore, so again I'm sorry.

Your not being bullied by anyone, you are being asked to follow the AUP, exactly the same as is asked of every member.

That you feel some kind of persecution when asked to follow the AUP is an issue you need to address with yourself, I can however assure you that should you start to follow the AUP, then the staff will have no need to take issue with your posts.

To be honest being unaware that starting a discussion on a motoring forum regarding which is better of these two would start a massive discussion is rather naive. That discussion has been on-going since both were released, and continues to do so.

What you actually appear to have an issue with is that people dare to disagree with you, which they are entitled to, resorting to snide insults and off topic comments when they do so.

You can state you will never open this thread again (which I don't personally believe), that doesn't change the facts.

Scaff

It would transpire that SiNiST3R was a previously banned member, and one that is definitely not welcome here. See banned user log for details.

And it would seem that I did indeed get the last word...

And with that, I finally think we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back