why do people with controllers even bother?

• Thread starter timacks
  • 68 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
.....hmm, drifting with controller is easy at beginning, but it's difficult to makes ur car move as smooth as steering wheel, which means hard to master.

I'm sorry, but have you even tried tandem with a wheel? It's ten times harder, I've done competitions with DS3, I judged the X-MAS Drift Bash, guess what? The winners, all had controllers, this argument is stupid, pushing a stick with your thumb, that you can move full stroke in 1/2 an inch, in 1/2 a second, compared to spinning a 30 cm wheel, 900 degrees with resistance, while maintaining hand, foot, and eye coordination is not even a negotiable argument. It takes little skill to drift a controller, when compared to a wheel, period.

If you bothered to read my post it says i have battled those with a wheel and its hard to do but a large majority of people will tell you i can do it LMAO.. try reading my post next time :)

.....hmm, drifting with controller is easy at beginning, but it's difficult to makes ur car move as smooth as steering wheel, which means hard to master.

This. The arguement that DS3 users have an advantage because they can go from lock to lock with the flick of the thumb can be reversed to be a disadvantage where precise imput of required. Because of the sensitivity of the analogue stick even 1mm's difference in position will make quite a big difference to the amount of lock. So for corners where you're not on the lock stops it's hard to maintain a certain amount of lock, which is when you start to see the flick back and forth between full lock and no lock.

Oh, and the arguement that it's only an extra £2-300 for a wheel and stand, well yeah, it might not be a lot of money to some, and yes we did spend £250 on the console and £40 on the game, but that £600 investment would be better spent in my situation on real cars, in the real world. You know, the place where we spend most of our time?

I just recently bought a wheel and I have to say that when you pull off that perfect drift with a wheel, it's much more rewarding. I loved playing with a controller, but it's no match compared to a wheel. I too hated that "wheel flick."

BTW, I bought a DFGT and it was only $130, which really isn't a lot to be honest. And you don't need to buy a stand, you can just make one. I took apart a lil drawer and made it into a stand.

It's the best purchase I've made for gaming by far. Just my 2 cents. :)

Last edited:
Oh, and the arguement that it's only an extra £2-300 for a wheel and stand, well yeah, it might not be a lot of money to some, and yes we did spend £250 on the console and £40 on the game, but that £600 investment would be better spent in my situation on real cars, in the real world. You know, the place where we spend most of our time?

I spend around $200 on a Arcade stick, though it may allow me to play on PS3 and 360. Though this argument is still the same as saying why using a pad for Street Fighter.

This. The arguement that DS3 users have an advantage because they can go from lock to lock with the flick of the thumb can be reversed to be a disadvantage where precise imput of required. Because of the sensitivity of the analogue stick even 1mm's difference in position will make quite a big difference to the amount of lock. So for corners where you're not on the lock stops it's hard to maintain a certain amount of lock, which is when you start to see the flick back and forth between full lock and no lock.

You can call it an advantage or disadvantage about the "flick" in controller.

I personally think that if the car can't counter steer all the way through the corner then it's not drifting, that's why right now what I do when i drift with my DS3 is to keep the analogue as stable as possible, and always keep it countering. If I need to turn the wheel back to keep the car slide, then I would rather break the drift and accept the fail.

Well that's just me though,
anyways, i have a DFGT but i can't drift it(I suck lol)

You can call it an advantage or disadvantage about the "flick" in controller.

I personally think that if the car can't counter steer all the way through the corner then it's not drifting, that's why right now what I do when i drift with my DS3 is to keep the analogue as stable as possible, and always keep it countering. If I need to turn the wheel back to keep the car slide, then I would rather break the drift and accept the fail.

Well that's just me though,
anyways, i have a DFGT but i can't drift it(I suck lol)

That sounds a bit weird to me. If your not countersteering the whole way its a failed drift?

I don't see any way that was instigating a angry response from you, you sir make me laugh.

And you try to sound important on a DRIFTING forum, I laugh even harder! Thanks for making my morning before I head off to my Biomechanics class and learn how to make the human body better, oh shoot did I try to make myself sound important too? :'(

Ooooh, cause you have a FC you're in the drift world? I obviously meant competition wise, sorry you take offense to everything someone says to you.

Now that, my good sir, is how you troll and instigate a response from someone. Some one had to teach you I guess.
I'll give you props for being a better troll than me, you really deserve it, I guess I should go to "Biomechanics" class, if you could actually spell it right, and learn how to become an uber troll. And who said drifting for me had anything to do with competition? Did I? No good sir I did not, so for me, and probably 90% of all drifters out there I'm in it for the pure fun, and sport of the technique. So before you become a presumptuous dick weed, I suggest you read my posts, and instead of nitpicking the most superficial comments like you did, hows about being a real man, and take me on about the true facts I said about controller vs wheel drifting.

Its not the fact that you directly instigated me, but that fact that your just in here to **** on everyone who says anything about other than what you think is true, makes me want to bitch slap the ignorance out of you.

Now can we get this topic back on track.

I'll give you props for being a better troll than me, you really deserve it, I guess I should go to "Biomechanics" class, if you could actually spell it right, and learn how to become an uber troll. And who said drifting for me had anything to do with competition? Did I? No good sir I did not, so for me, and probably 90% of all drifters out there I'm in it for the pure fun, and sport of the technique. So before you become a presumptuous dick weed, I suggest you read my posts, and instead of nitpicking the most superficial comments like you did, hows about being a real man, and take me on about the true facts I said about controller vs wheel drifting.

Its not the fact that you directly instigated me, but that fact that your just in here to **** on everyone who says anything about other than what you think is true, makes me want to bitch slap the ignorance out of you.

Now can we get this topic back on track.
So this is all you could come up with when you stared at my post this morning? I was expecting something good. Son, I am dissapoint.

There was no spelling error of Biomechanics so thats one fail to tack on.

Pretty sure I still don't care if you drift, I really, really don't care!

I see none of my posts in here saying DS3 is better then a wheel and me saying anything to get a negative response from anyone. If you haven't noticed yet, you're the one getting negative replies so far, first being by Jimy saying you should read instead of skimming through a post. Never said what I thought was true either. LRN2READ son.

So lets see my first post said I prefer my wheel for better laptimes, and prefer the DS3 for drifting, I guess that was me saying stuff to cause a problem I guess.

Go sit in your corner and come back with a better response for me to pick apart.

Ohhhh, to piss you off abit more, I use the DS3 to drift *Ducks for cover because obviously it will start a flame war*

*Awaits the imminent closure of the topic*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back