Why do you drift?

• Thread starter SpeedD3mon
  • 129 comments
MdnIte
I do it because it entertains myself and other people. Simple.

Good point! I like to impress my friends (though some of 'em hate cars) and it's loads of fun! Especially if you can pull off a crazy one with high angle and close to the wall. 👍 I think it's better than racing in GT4 ^^"

my main reason to drift is because its fun going around corners sideways, and it is also a great feeling linking into two or more corners without acually trying to race it

Spyder_V
I sometimes do it because my mother makes me =(

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Spyder_V
I see three red x's, please correct them so I can see what you were trying to say to me =Þ

It works just fine on my end. Just a smiley of a guy laughing hard.

ToyotaDrifter
Its nothing like that.. Its not the FD its the FC ... sigh...
http://tanakatire.web.infoseek.co.jp/505_3/WISE_SPORTS_FC.jpg

-TD

Except the one in the game is gray. Or grey. Doesn't matter. If it's too drifty, stiffen the rear a click or two. Try to race it grip-style, but maintain small angles of oversteer. Gradually increase subsequent angles as you learn to control the small ones.

"It isn't the fastest way around a corner, but it's the most exiting." Keichii-san

i drift because i want to look cool...
so when i woo the girls...
it works...
HAHA im just kidding...

I drift because I feel that its more challenging, how you have to control the car while the tail of the car has no control or traction...

SpeedD3mon
Just self explanitory (Nothing technical)... is it the Thrill? To show off your skills? Tackle every corner with great confidence? whats your main motivation for drifting? :)
Because I feel like drifting GOD!!!!
No I drifting because it tests your skills as a driver, and burning rubber look awesome.

I drift to feel the wind in my hair and the engine between my legs... Oh wait, err, this is not Bikers 'r' us forum is it... hehe

I drift for the fun of it, and because I like to challenge myself and perfect things... And drifting does just that, no matter how good you get, you can always get better

Becaus I'm bored to death in vacation time... Like now, freakin 9weeks freedom.. What do to, let's drift.. Also i gain skills, and it's fun and I just love drifting..

Before I knew what it was I started speed drifting to shave seconds off of my lap time, then I realized I was doing it when I didn't need to and at such angles that it was slower because it's so much damn fun!! Now I just do it to show off or blow off stress(I'd recomend it for anyone with an anger problem) or just to have fun in general.

I do it because it's fun.

And because it can be annoying to your friends if you do it in split screen to block their attempts at passing you in a corner. :dopey:

its a showoff's heaven! i love it, and its very challenging i'd love to be able to do it in RL but i cant afford a rwd car :sad: (well i can but i like good cars not rattlers)

Captain Trips
And Initial D.

I've adopted the SS edition Trueno as my signature car. :sly:
I hope you know how to use it because The SS86 is my signature car! :crazy: and since i discovered it's power thanx to DD! *points at rl* :sly:

I drift simply cuz its friggen awesome. It refines your throttle control, whones your brake response and control, tine tunes your dial-in, and intimately associates you with your car, till you feel like you can do anything. It also gives you confidence to push harder through corners, because you know when your tires will break away, so you know the limits, and you can choose to pass them or not.

I drift because.. I'm good at it, and i also drift in gt4 to have expiernce later with with life. So i can buy me a car and start drifting i guess

Latest Posts

Back